Republicans: Explain how your party is NOT setting a bad precedent which will ultimately doom us?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 09:31:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republicans: Explain how your party is NOT setting a bad precedent which will ultimately doom us?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Republicans: Explain how your party is NOT setting a bad precedent which will ultimately doom us?  (Read 2687 times)
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2021, 01:24:56 PM »
« edited: January 04, 2021, 01:28:19 PM by Skill and Chance »

I am actually concerned about the Dems trying this years down the line and it actually working for them because they have more institutional support.

In any plausible near term EV/PV split scenario, all they have to do is vote to reject Texas.  Then the PV winning Dem has a majority of the "electors appointed."

Things could get really crazy if there is a split congress and one house objects while the other house accepts.  The language of the Electoral Count Act is bizarre.  The current SCOTUS would almost surely rule the electors valid and seat the Republican in this scenario, but if Democrats got to flip Thomas or Alito's seat by that time, Roberts probably dodges the case as a political question, and we end up with the House Speaker as president (more likely to be a Dem in this case, but IDK 2013 was Dem Senate/GOP House).
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2021, 10:18:42 PM »

I'm starting to think maybe I shouldn't vote for any GOP candidates until they can get their act together. Of course I think the Democrats also have their problems but I'm starting to think the GOP is quite a bit worse.

In an alternate and better time- line, 70 to 80% of Republicans should have decided this when Trump was their nominee, and certainly after he became president. Kudos to you.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2021, 04:05:23 AM »
« Edited: January 05, 2021, 04:08:40 AM by Come For AOC, Stay For Policy »

I'm starting to think maybe I shouldn't vote for any GOP candidates until they can get their act together. Of course I think the Democrats also have their problems but I'm starting to think the GOP is quite a bit worse.
This is the best Chips post I've read so far. Your hunch is 100% correct.

Regardless of which policies / ideologies each party has and which you agree with more, the GOP is a deeply immoral organization.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies