Opinion of people who become Christians to "trigger the neckbeards"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:00:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Opinion of people who become Christians to "trigger the neckbeards"
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of people who become Christians to "trigger the neckbeards"
Freedom Fighters

Horrible People

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 27

Author Topic: Opinion of people who become Christians to "trigger the neckbeards"  (Read 539 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 02, 2021, 01:02:12 AM »

I know of at least one (posts on an emo Facebook group I am in.) It's a real thing.

(It's a bit of an oversimplification, her reasoning was more like "Wow if these dumb as all f[inks] morons think this is so stupid it's actually maybe worth reconsidering and looking into a bit..." and then she did and got drawn back in and moved by the Holy Spirit.)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 01:07:50 AM »

Christians have had centuries to articulate decent counterarguments to secular philosophies, and in that period of time their greatest accomplishment has been associating atheism with a type of unflattering headgear facial hair that stopped being relevant in 2004.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 02:08:59 AM »

Honestly, a better reason to convert than many.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 03:43:45 AM »

Personally I think the stupidest example of atheism is the claim Jesus is a plagiarism of the Egyptian God Horus.

This isn't just wrong....it's laughably wrong and absurd. It's so nonsensical and full of holes believing it is like believing in QAnon.

So if Christianity is so ridiculous and no rational person could ever believe it and everyone who does is just a brainwashed sheep as atheists tell us then why do the atheists have to make up such ridiculously absurd smear against it? Hmmmm....
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2021, 04:11:48 AM »

Personally I think the stupidest example of atheism is the claim Jesus is a plagiarism of the Egyptian God Horus.

This isn't just wrong....it's laughably wrong and absurd. It's so nonsensical and full of holes believing it is like believing in QAnon.

So if Christianity is so ridiculous and no rational person could ever believe it and everyone who does is just a brainwashed sheep as atheists tell us then why do the atheists have to make up such ridiculously absurd smear against it? Hmmmm....

It is truly sad how poorly you mask your insecurity about your faith.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2021, 06:37:15 AM »

Get better material.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2021, 08:37:18 AM »

You spelled Qristians wrong.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2021, 01:05:28 PM »

In his defense, liberal theology and open theism is open about insecurities about faith.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2021, 04:15:24 PM »

BRTD, what do you think Jesus’ opinion of that is?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2021, 07:38:41 PM »

Obviously not serious people if they're not moved by the Holy Spirit. You've also described most of the neckbeards on Twitter who have Roman busts as their pics and say "Deus vult" a lot and don't actually go to church and do it pretty much all for the aesthetics. Christ sees right through those people, and so should most people with a functioning brain.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2021, 08:48:57 PM »

thinking of starting Neckbeards for Jesus.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2021, 11:08:52 AM »

If Trump is so bad, why do Democrats have to make up such ridiculously absurd smears like Russia stole the election for him? Checkmate, liberals.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2021, 11:22:27 AM »

Obviously not serious people if they're not moved by the Holy Spirit. You've also described most of the neckbeards on Twitter who have Roman busts as their pics and say "Deus vult" a lot and don't actually go to church and do it pretty much all for the aesthetics. Christ sees right through those people, and so should most people with a functioning brain.
She's not like those people at all though. It's more like annoying atheists made her interested in looking at Christianity again and prompted her to reconsider it.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2021, 12:14:09 PM »

In his defense, liberal theology and open theism is open about insecurities about faith.

That's not unique to liberal theology and open theism.

"Lord, if this is how You treat Your friends, no wonder You have so few!"--St. Teresa of Avila, on the occasion of getting thrown from her horse.

Anyway, I wholly disagree with Antonio; spite is one of the worst reasons to convert imaginable and these people tend to make terrible Christians once they've converted. HPs.
TransfemmeGoreVidal
Fulbright DNC
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2021, 02:35:49 PM »

I'm not going to say either. I think it's dumb to have your sole motivation for anything be wanting to just be the opposite of something else. At the same time speaking as a former militant Atheist that's now semi-Christian I've looked back and realized that my motivation for Atheism during the Bush years was to "trigger the cons" because I associated all Christianity with bigotry and the Republican Party. It was the realization that many Atheists were every bit as racist as the particular Christians I despised and many religious people actually shared my politics that sort of opened me up to faith.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2021, 02:40:55 PM »

Somehow the other Christians on this board manage to cope without constantly s**tposting about their beliefs every waking hour of the day. The hipster doth protest too much, methinks.
John Henry Eden
Rookie
Uganda

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2021, 08:44:08 PM »

Politics of spite is always a stupid motivation for anything, left or right
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies