Heretic Justin Bieber endorsed Arianism at VMA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:27:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  Heretic Justin Bieber endorsed Arianism at VMA
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Heretic Justin Bieber endorsed Arianism at VMA  (Read 651 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 01, 2021, 08:41:01 AM »

"Not only to God but to Jesus"

Yes, the video is almost ten years old. But we need to hold the entertainment industry accountable. Influential musicians like Justin Bieber are leading Christians astray by pushing 4th century heresies. I don't want to raise children in a world that chooses to be on the wrong side of controversies that were settled at the Council of Nicaea in 325. I don't accept it, and I never will.

Either these heathens need to be purged from the music industry or we need to lead an international boycott against Justin Bieber until he publicly acknowledges his error and agrees to spread awareness about demonic ideas like Arianism and denounce them unequivocally. The corruption of our youth by the media must end and traditional family values must prevail.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 10:30:52 AM »

Strictly speaking, from that clip Bieber can only be said to be non-Homoiousian, but not necessarily Arian.
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 11:07:28 AM »

To see a teen idol blatantly profess his support for the sinister Demiurge is intensely demoralizing in this spiritually vacant age. We shall not know world peace until the pop culture industry is cleansed of materialism and develops a culture of promoting Gnosis.
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2021, 12:46:34 PM »

I know an Athanasius sock when I see one. Reported.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2021, 08:36:56 PM »

I'll never forgive them for removing the nephelim from the Bible.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2021, 12:00:47 AM »

Strictly speaking, from that clip Bieber can only be said to be non-Homoiousian, but not necessarily Arian.

Is that true though? I fail to see how referring to both Jesus (i.e. God the Son) and God (i.e. God the Father) implies they are not of identical substance. All orthodox trinitarian conceptions of God do make a distinction between Jesus and the Father as separate persons, and throughout the bible there are numerous references within the same verse to both God and the Lord Jesus Christ (cf 1 Cor. 8:6 "there is but one God... and one Lord Jesus")
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2021, 02:21:19 AM »

Is that true though? I fail to see how referring to both Jesus (i.e. God the Son) and God (i.e. God the Father) implies they are not of identical substance. All orthodox trinitarian conceptions of God do make a distinction between Jesus and the Father as separate persons, and throughout the bible there are numerous references within the same verse to both God and the Lord Jesus Christ (cf 1 Cor. 8:6 "there is but one God... and one Lord Jesus")

Arianism is more than simply holding that the father and son are not the same personae, tho that along with not having the same substance is a consequence of the central tenet of Arianism, that the Son was created by the Father. I'll grant that it's logically consistent for there to be multiple personae with the same substance. However, the way he expressed himself indicates to me a rejection of the concept that God the Father and Jesus have a common substance.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2021, 03:36:57 AM »

It is possible that he is merely rejecting the hypostatic union, which makes him a non-Chalcedonian Christian.

Interesting theological debates in the YouTube comments, there.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2021, 11:56:25 AM »

I never imagined Justin Bieber dabbling in religious views like that.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies