East of the Merrimack (Gameplay Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:45:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  East of the Merrimack (Gameplay Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: East of the Merrimack (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 11717 times)
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« on: January 03, 2021, 04:31:37 PM »

June Schedule for Kyle Millenburg
December 2004-May 2005: After the loss of Senator Kerry, Millenberg knew 2006 would be a golden opportunity. He could continue to get re-elected by the people of Belknap county, but his battles were hard fought and he had already brought the reforms he wanted to the office. He began eyeing the congressional seat after Congressman Jeb Bradley announced his retirement. Over the next few months, he expressed interest in running for the seat to build up name recognition. Once other candidates started jumping in in June, he knew it was his time.
June 1-3: Treasurer duties
June 4: Announce Exploratory Comittee
June 5: Unveil Policy Platform on the domain: Millenberg06.com:
Key Points:

Taxes: I stand opposed to middle class tax increases. Our middle class is working far too hard to receive any increase. We should raise taxes on the wealthiest 1% who are living comfortably

Trade: We need to protect the competitiveness of our American industry. Career politicians have gutted America with their reckless never-ending expansion of free trade with no regard for our workers. I will stand opposed to any further attempts to sell this countries job overseas.

Guns: I strongly support the Second Amendment. The protections we have in place currently strike a good balance between protecting our citizens and our constitutional rights. I will seek to maintain this balance if I am elected.

Healthcare: Our healthcare system is a broken mess. We need critical aid to lower the skyrocketing price of prescription drugs. We must also pass legislation to reduce premiums and create cost-sharing programs. I will refuse any contributions from pharmaceutical companies and take them head on.

Infrastructure: Our state's road and highways are quickly becoming unusable. Too many congressmen don't return to their districts to come see how run down some of these have become. We need an infrastructure revitalization bill that will create jobs and housing as well
June 6-9: Town halls in Manchester, New Hampshire to speak to voters about why I'm running and explain my policy viewpoints.
June 10: Officially file candidacy
June 11: Unveil merchandise on Millenberg06.com and register with ActBlue to begin receiving donations.
June 12: Outside of a town center in Laconia a crowd of 50 gathered to witness the kickoff of the Millenberg campaign. As they stood on the sidewalk waiting for the candidate, Millenburg pulled down the street in a white pickup truck with his campaign logo plastered on the doors. He parked in front of the crowd and moved up to the stage.
"Thank you! Thank you! New Hampshire, it's time for a change. For over 20 years, we've sent back representatives from the same party and what have we got in return? Worse roads, worse school, less pay and less freedom. We're not going to continue on that path. It needs to change, it will change and we can make that change. That's why I'm running for congress. I've brought this community together to cross the party line and address these issues. I will bring the same ethic of listening to the needs of the people to congress. I'll stand up to George Bush and his cronies, not bow down in the sake of consensus building. We have a chance to elect a representative who will fight for New Hampshire, who will unleash our home's potentia, who will be a representative not for the few, but the many l. But I can only do this with your help. I'm up against millions of dollars of out of state. I'm not going to be bought and sold and that's why I refuse to accept any corporate PAC money. So please, make a contribution, volunteer in your local community. We have the support to make this happen, so let's win this for Eastern New Hampshire!

Campaign Logo, own work
June 13th: Interview with WMUR TV 9
What made you run for Congress?

Well, I'm tired of the system we have in place right now. I've served for the last six and a half years as a dedicated public servant in my home county of Belknap. I've been able to listen to the needs of the people and act on them. The only person I'm taking orders from are the voters. But right now in congress, it's full of Bush's cronies who will move heaven and earth for their donors at the drop of a hat. They're selling out the American people and I've had enough of it.

How did a Democrat get elected countywide in Republican Belknap county?

I did it by speaking to the community. My predecessor had a bad track record of mismanagement so I decided to take him on and I was able to expose his flaws and people crossed the party line. I then won re-election even as President Bush carried the county by double digits. If we provide evidence that we are going to bring good governance to people they will put their trust in us with their voter. If we put up candidates who do nothing but what the bosses want, the voters see right through that.

Should Congress consider means testing Social Security and Medicare?

I believe we should bring everything to the table to address the startling amount of inequality in our society. Means testing isn't a perfect way to solve the issues to be sure, but it can makes sure that the lower class are getting the benefits they deserve. I would have to look at specific proposals and more loopholes need to be closed before it can be successfully done, but in general I'd support means testing to ensure higher incomes aren't getting more than they need.

Why did the Democratic Party lose the 2004 presidential election?

We lost because we didn't provide enough of an alternative. I fully supported Senator Kerry and believe the world would be a much safer place today if he had succeeded, but I recognize that his campaign was flawed from the beginning. He repeated George Bush's same talking points on trade, on education, on foreign policy. He didn't emphasize how we would do thing differently and better than Bush. But it's not going to be that way this year. The Democratic party is going to retake congress because we're providing a clear contrast to the kind of out of touch policies Bush is proposing and that's the kind of campaign I intend to run.
June 12-19th: Attend to duties as County Treasurer. Millenberg sent his wife to knock on doors in his absence.
June 14th-21st: Barnstorming across rural Belknap. Millenberg drove from house to house in his pickup truck. Emphasizing his outsider credentials, he encouraged many Republicans and Independents to vote in the DemocraticPrimary for him and spoke to Registered Democrats about the need to improve rural infrastructure
June 22nd: Open door Fundraiser at 405 Pub in Laconia with volunteer signup
June 23rd-29th: Attend to duties as County Treasurer, have new volunteers sign wave and phone bank
June 30th: Statement on the senate's passing of CAFTA:
i see once again, the federal government has expanded trade blindly. This agreement will allow our jobs to move freely to countries with low wages. This both kills jobs here in the U.S and does nothing to fight global poverty. I am dissapointed to see the number of Democrats who joined with the Bush cronies in voting for this bill. If elected, I promise to call out this kind of useless consensus building that many Democrats ascribe to.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 05:25:10 PM »
« Edited: January 10, 2021, 03:43:53 AM by FalterinArc »

July Schedule for Kyle Millenberg
July 1-5th: Treasurer Duties
July 4th: Host an Independence Day barbecue at a family friend's residence as a chance to meet face to face with voters
July 5-7th: Treasurer Duties
July 8th: Campaign Rally in Rochester
Excerpt from spech:
Too many of our workers are going underpaid! The federal minimum wage hasn't seen a raise since 1997. People are being forced to work two or three jobs. It's not enough to get bye on! We need to make sure we get a Democratic Majority in the house of representatives to get a federal increase. I believe we need to raise the federal level to six dollars and fifty cents an hour. That way we can begin to try to pay the workers the amount they need for their productivity. The corporate executive backed Bush cronies won't allow this to happen as long as they are in charge, so we've got to kick. them. out.
July 9th: Meet with State Senator Lou D'Allesandro, court endorsement
July 10th: Meet with the gun owners of New Hampshire organization, court endorsement by emphasizing moderate views on the issue
July 10-17th: Treasurer Duties
July 17-22nd: Barnstorming in Manchester
July 23rd: Yard sign pickup event in Laconia
July 23-30th: Treasurer Duties
July 31st: Meet with Students at Lakes Community College
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 03:38:23 AM »
« Edited: January 10, 2021, 01:44:18 PM by FalterinArc »

August-October Schedule for Kyle Millenberg
August 1-7: Treasurer Duties
August 8: Sign Wave with supporters in Gilford
August 9-13: Barnstorming in Gilford and Alton
August 14: Campaign Rally in Dover
Excerpt from Speech: Look folks, I can't stress enough how vital it is that we get a Democratic Majority in the house. If we fail in this mission, then we're going to have another grueling two years of Bush cronies calling the shots. But the way we beat them is not by rattling off policy positions that some think tank told us to have! It's not by collecting money from as many execs as possible. We d it by showing our ability to be competent, decent public servants. I've done that as treasurer and I can bring that same kind of leadership to congress. I'm resorting to the same shady campaign tactics the Bush cronies use, nor will I ever. I would hope my opponents would do the same, ;et's wait and see but the bottom line is, we need experienced outsiders in congress. And that's exactly who I am.
August 15-21: Treasurer Duties
August 21-25: Door-knocking in Laconia
August 25: Suspend campaigning for the rest of week in the wake of Hurricane Katrina
August 28th Statement on Hurricane Katrina
We're beginning to see the true toll of the damage coming from Hurricane Katrine. Hundreds, if not thousands of people have died from this viscous hurricane. My prayers are with the people of Louisiana and all who are affected. Congress must not allow this kind of damage to happen again. They must pass a federal infrastructure bill. The livelihoods of all American citizens are depending on such a bill as we have seen most recently. I will resume campaigning next week, I hope to see you on the trail. Thank you.
August 29-September 4: Treasurer Duties
September 5-8: Barnstorming in Wolfeboro
September 9: Fundraiser in Wolfeboro Falls
September 10: Sign wave in Wolfeboro Falls with supporters
September 11: Attend 9/11  annual remembrance ceremony outside police headquarters in Portsmouth
September 12-18: Treasurer Duties
September 19: Town Hall in Durham
September 20-25: Barnstorming in Durham
September 26-October 2: Treasurer Duties
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 09:20:52 PM »

October Schedule for Kyle Millenberg
(Had this ready pre-debate post, am writing question answers currently)
October 3: Meet with local artists at the Seacoast Repertory Theater, pledge my support for additional congressional arts funding.
October 4: Fundraiser at a supporter's residence in Portsmouth
October 5-6: Barnstorming in Portsmouth
October 7: Meet with State Senator Maggie Hassan, court endorsement
October 8-14: Treasurer Duties
October 15: Pass out campaign fliers and register people to vote at a booth outside of the home opener of the Manchester Monarchs
October 16: Fundraiser at local supporter's residence
October 17-20: Manchester barnstorming
October 21: Meet with factory workers in Manchester, promise to fight for higher wages and to protect their jobs from bad trade deals.
October 22: Meet with students at The University of Manchester
October 23: Phonebank with supporters at local campaign headquarters
October 24-30: Treasurer Duties
October 31: Pass out candy and Campaign Fliers to local trick o'treaters in Laconia
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 02:51:35 AM »

Kyle Millenberg Debate Answers

Opening Statement:

Good evening, I want to thank WENH for hosting this debate and thank the moderators and my fellow candidates for being here. New Hampshire, it's time for a change. For the last six years we've seen George Bush and his cronies sell out the working people of this country at all costs. They passed a tax cut that gave all of the benefits to the top 1%. They've stripped away and expanded the surveillance state. They've passed free trade agreements that have shipped countless manufacturing jobs overseas. We've had enough! We've lost elections in 2002 and 2004 trying to pander by taking all of the same positions. It's time the Democratic wing of the Democratic party took back the reins. When I'm elected, I won't bow down to party pressure, I'll stand up to the cronies, Every. Single. Day. Thank you.

Q: How Would you reform the American Healthcare system?

We've seen years of progress of healthcare reform be stripped away over the last 6 years with bailouts for big pharma. The first thing we need to do is implement cost sharing programs. You offer free and subsidized healthcare for those living at a certain poverty level. We can pay for this by returning the top income tax bracket to the pre-Bush rate. We also need to require states to set up healthcare exchanges where consumers can view different plan options and select the best care for them. If we get this done as a start, we can move on to creating a public option provided by the government to keep the healthcare companies competitive and lower costs for all Americans. We can do this with a Democratic congress that listens to the people, not wealthy corporations and that is exactly what I intend to do.

Q: What is the biggest issue facing Granite staters today?

As I've spoken about in the past, I believe our crumbling infrastructure is the number one issue facing our state. We're a state that relies on commerce and travel but our roads are becoming unusable, our sidewalks unwalkable. Earlier this year in March, we saw what happened during the floods. Because of this weak infrastructure, over 1,000 people had to flee their homes and we saw seven people die. The federal government absolutely has to put an end to this mess to makes sure something like this never happens to our state again.

Q: To Kyle Millenberg: You worked to reform the Treasurer's office in Belknap county? What financial reforms would you implement nationally?

The main reform I've put in place was better assessment of the county's construction loans. My predecessor took a laissez-faire approach in this regard and we saw thousands upon thousands of taxpayer dollars being wasted on projects that were never completed. I was fed up with this failure and I took him on and won in a deep red county 7 years ago. I believe in this same concept of oversight on the federal level. That's why I believe in expanding scrutiny at the federal reserve to the loans it provides. I support protecting our consumers from predatory credit card companies. I have the fiscal record to get these things done in a smart and efficient way that works for main street.

Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2021, 12:45:28 AM »

Opening Statement:

Good evening, I want to thank WENH for hosting this debate and thank the moderators and my fellow candidates for being here. New Hampshire, it's time for a change. For the last six years we've seen George Bush and his cronies sell out the working people of this country at all costs. They passed a tax cut that gave all of the benefits to the top 1%. They've stripped away and expanded the surveillance state. They've passed free trade agreements that have shipped countless manufacturing jobs overseas. We've had enough! We've lost elections in 2002 and 2004 trying to pander by taking all of the same positions. It's time the Democratic wing of the Democratic party took back the reins. When I'm elected, I won't bow down to party pressure, I'll stand up to the cronies, Every. Single. Day. Thank you.

Q: How Would you reform the American Healthcare system?

We've seen years of progress of healthcare reform be stripped away over the last 6 years with bailouts for big pharma. The first thing we need to do is implement cost sharing programs. You offer free and subsidized healthcare for those living at a certain poverty level. We can pay for this by returning the top income tax bracket to the pre-Bush rate. We also need to require states to set up healthcare exchanges where consumers can view different plan options and select the best care for them. If we get this done as a start, we can move on to creating a public option provided by the government to keep the healthcare companies competitive and lower costs for all Americans. We can do this with a Democratic congress that listens to the people, not wealthy corporations and that is exactly what I intend to do.

Q: What is the biggest issue facing Granite staters today?

As I've spoken about in the past, I believe our crumbling infrastructure is the number one issue facing our state. We're a state that relies on commerce and travel but our roads are becoming unusable, our sidewalks unwalkable. Earlier this year in March, we saw what happened during the floods. Because of this weak infrastructure, over 1,000 people had to flee their homes and we saw seven people die. The federal government absolutely has to put an end to this mess to makes sure something like this never happens to our state again.

Q: To Kyle Millenberg: You worked to reform the Treasurer's office in Belknap county? What financial reforms would you implement nationally?

The main reform I've put in place was better assessment of the county's construction loans. My predecessor took a laissez-faire approach in this regard and we saw thousands upon thousands of taxpayer dollars being wasted on projects that were never completed. I was fed up with this failure and I took him on and won in a deep red county 7 years ago. I believe in this same concept of oversight on the federal level. That's why I believe in expanding scrutiny at the federal reserve to the loans it provides. I support protecting our consumers from predatory credit card companies. I have the fiscal record to get these things done in a smart and efficient way that works for main street.

Closing Statement:

New Hampshire, I'm in this race because I care about our community. For as long as I can remember, career politicians have sold out the working people of this country. They've taken away our jobs, our roads, our civil liberties and they've left us to clean up the mess. Our party has taken hit after hit in these elections. This shouldn't be happening, but it is. Our party has fallen out of touch with the everyday American. I'm not one of those politicians. I've been grateful to serve my local community in an effecient fashion. And look what's happened, this Republican county has re-elected me every single time. I know how to speak to voters who are feeling left out and cast aside by the political system. So please, if you want an end to the don-nothing congress in Washington, consider me for congress. Thank you.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2021, 04:02:41 AM »

End of Year Schedule for Kyle Millenberg
(LATE!)
November 1st-7th: Treasurer Duties
November 8th: Rally in Dover
November 9th: Phonebanking with supporters in Dover
November 10: Meet again with New Hampshire gun club to ask for consideration for endorsement in general election
November 11-12: Door knocking in Laconia
November 13: Rally in Laconia
November 14th-21st: Treasurer Duties
November 20: Open door fundraiser in Gilford
November 22: Tour local small businesses in Gilford
November 23: Pass out campaign flyers at Turkey trot starting line in Laconia
November 24: Take break from campaign to celebrate Thanksgiving
November 25-27: Rallies in Portsmouth
November 28-December 5: Treasurer Duties
December 5-8: Door knocking in Manchester
December 9: Meet again with Senator Lou D'Allesandro in private to court endorsement.
December 12-19: Treasurer Duties
December 20: Open Door fundraiser in Wolfesboro
December 21: Meet with State Senator Maggie Hassan to stress progressive credentials and request endorsement
December 22-23: Christmas fundraisers in Meredith and Alton
December 24: Christmas party with staff at campaign headquarters
December 25: Celebrate Christmas at home with family
December 26-December 30: Treasurer Duties
December 31: New Year's celebration at home
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2021, 08:59:56 PM »

Early 2006 schedule for Kyle Millenberg

January 2: Meet with United Steelworkers Laconia to thank them for endorsement
January 3-6: Treasurer Duties
January 7: Fundraiser at a supporter's home in Brentwood
January 8: Meet again with State Senator Lou D'Allesandro to continue to seek endorsement
January 9-12: Door-Knocking in Manchester
January 13: Launch Youtube Channel for campaign
January 14-15: Canvassing in Tilton
January 16-17: Canvassing in Sanborton
January 20-23: Treasurer Duties
February 1-3: Door-Knocking in Laconia
February 4-5: Door-Knocking in Belmont
February 6-9: Treasurer Duties
February 10: Fundraiser in Meredith
February 11: Phonebank with supporters in Meredith
February 12: Interview on Air America Radio
Excerpt from interview with Al Franken:
Franken: So we've got an interview with a candidate for congress coming up, he's in running in Ne Hampshire's um.. First congressionald district. He's the treasurer of Balknap County, Kyle Millenberg, thanks for coming on.

Millenberg: Great to be here Al.

Franken: So you're running for congress, So there are a lot of candidates in this race, all of them have uh sort of staked themselves out as the person who can win this seat and take back the house. Give us your pitch on why you think you need to be the candidate in this race.

Millenberg: Well, I believe I'm the candidate who's most in touch with the needs of this community. You know, we can't just win this race by repeating slogans handed to us by some think tanks we need people who are out there and listening to the voter's concerns. I know a lot of people who vote for George Bush aren't happy with the way this economy is going and I've worked hard to earn the support of my mostly Republican community.

Franken: So you're saying you think like these candidates are too consultant driven?

Millenberg: Well frankly yeah. We've seen what happened to these kinds of candidates that got tied to leadership did in 2004, they all performed pretty poorly. We didn't even really comce close to winning the house and our senate leader lost re-election. I'm saying we need to re-focus the target of out campaigns.

Franken: Uh huh. Well you see as we were talking about before you came on, we were talking about, Bush uh has a pretty low approval right now, but... so does Harry Reid so yu may have a point there o detaching yourself from leadership. But I do want to get your thoughts on what happened yesterday with Dick Cheney. If I am to understand this correctly, he shot a man, he'll probably get away with it I just want to hear what you have to say.

Millenberg: Well yeah, there's no doubt in my mind that he'll get away with it, this White House has gotten away with everything basically. My hope is that when I'm elected to be on the House Oversight Committee and hopefully, fingers crossed, with a Democratic house majority we can start taking this president and this administration to task on everything they've gotten away with.

February 13: Phonebanking with supporters in Laconia
February 14-17: Door knocking in Laconia with Belknap County Dems volunteers
February 17-21: Barnstorming in Salem
February 22: Dinner with New Hampshire Assistant Whip David Gottesman, seek endorsement
February 23-26: Treasurer Duties
February 27: Meet with State Senator Maggie Hassan again to seek endorsement, emphasize progressive economic views
February 28: Fundraiser in Kingston, New Hampshire
March 1st: Meet with the IBEW 1837 at their headquarters in Dover to seek endorsement
March 2nd: Sign Wave with supporters in Dover
March 3-6th: Door knocking in Dover
March 7th-11th: Barnstorming in Somersworth
March 12-15: Treasurer Duties
March 16: First Ad to be premiered online
Start out ad with shot of Millenberg standing in field in rural New Hampshire. He walks towards camera before he begins to speak
Hi there, my name is Kyle Millenberg. I'm a veteran, a dad and a proud American who has had the pleasure to serve the community of Belknap County as it's treasurer for the last 7 years. In 1998, I broke down the walls of this Republican stronghold by bringing voters of both parties together to recognize we needed a change. Now, we need that same kind of change. For the last 5 years, George Bush and his cronies have run amok on Capitol Hill, selling out the working people of this country to rich megadonors. They spent billions on a war overseas while the people at home lose their jobs, their shelter and their healthcare. We've been lacking in leadership to stand up this president, but I can promise you this, I will never back down to protect New Hampshire and I will never fall in line for the sake of consensus. I'm in this race to deliver for our community, but I need your help. My opponents from out of state are flooding the airwaves with money, I can barely keep up as it is, so please, if you believe in bringing true progressive New Hampshire values to Washington, make a contribution, it goes a long way. Thank you
March 17: Hand out campaign fliers at St. Patrick's Day parade in Manchester
March 18-19: Door-Knocking in Manchester
March 21: Youth Town Hall with Joe Trippi at University of Manchester
March 22-28: Barnstorming in Hampstead, Rye and Stratham
March 29-31: Treasurer Duties
April 1-7: Barnstorming in Atkinson, Cambia and Londonderry to discuss infrastructure plans with voters
April 8-12: Take a few days off campaigning
April 13-16: Treasurer Duties
April 17: Door knocking in Weare
April 18-20: Barnstorming in Hampton
April 21-23: Barnstorming in North Hampton
April 24: Meet with State Senator David Gottesman
April 25-28: Treasurer Duties
April 29: Rally in Manchester
April 30: Sign wave with supporters in Wonolancet
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2021, 08:31:25 PM »

Opening Statement:

I want to thank WENH for hosting this debate and I want to thank my opponents for being here. My Campaign is about Eastern New Hampshire. I’m running because I want to fight for what’s best for our state. No matter your background, your income level, your ethnicity, your age, I promise to be a congressman for you. And to help our state, it’s time we put an end to the conservative extremism coming out of Washington. If we’re going to improve the lives of our citizens, it’s time we move on from the disaster George Bush has left us. We need to elect people who will fight for our community's values. I’m in touch with those values, I was born and raised here. I know that the people here need jobs, healthcare and a government that listens. If you share these simple goals, please, join me in this fight.

Question 2:

I mean let’s look at the facts. George Bush, he lied us into a war, he took advantage of his position of power to crack down on our civil liberties, he has failed to recognize warnings of threats against our nation, he’s committed numerous war crimes while in office, his administration leaked the identity of a member of our intelligence community for purely political reasons, he’s suggested bombing journalists who don’t agree with him, this is all impeachable conduct. If we retake the house of representatives in 2007 and we do not fully investigate every single dirty deed Bush has done these last six years, we will be failing the American people. If we win, it will be because we have a mandate to put a check on the president. As a legislative body, this is the most meaningful way we can put a check on him. This president deserves to have the book thrown at him, we’re not going to play by his rules anymore. We are going to review all the facts and if we can prove he committed a crime, it’s gotta happen.

Question 3:

As I’ve said before we need to fight for better trade deals for New Hampshire families. We can’t continue to ship jobs overseas like we have done over the last many years. We need to keep American businesses here. We need to have strong protections for our workers while also fostering a climate that attracts businesses. We can do this by investing in programs like job training, so we have a versatile workforce.The people need the good paying jobs they’ve lost and if I’m elected to congress, I’ll fight tooth and nail for them.

Personalized Question:

Well I think Governor Dean is someone who sees the importance of reaching out to local communities. He knows the effectiveness of grassroots support. When I supported him in 2004 I recognised these were some of the strongest assets of his campaign. I have emphasised these tactics as part of my campaign. As Treasurer, I’ve been an active member of my community. I’ve knocked on hundreds of doors to discuss the issues that are affecting people. I’ve gained the trust of my constituents. As public servants that should be our number one goal. And I see and Governor Dean sees that that’s the way we’re going to retake congress in the year 2006.

Closing Statement:

We deserve better than what we’re getting from Washington. I think we can all agree on that. We have a government that’s not honest. A government that doesn’t work for the people. A government that is corrupted by outside influence. But we can do better. We can get aid to the families that need them. We can work for a government of, by and for the people. The days of George Bush moving around D.C unchecked will soon be over. But only if we fight like hell this year. I’m the candidate in this race who has the local connections we need to win this race. I’m going to bring all sorts of people together who have been cast out by this winner-take-all economy. I’ve won several times in a deeply conservative county because I listen.I can win Republicans and Independents while not sacrificing my principles for the sake of fake bipartisanship. This is the kind of movement that will flip this seat and that’s why we’re going to win this December, I hope you’ll join me, thank you.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2021, 11:11:39 PM »

Summer Schedule for Kyle Millenberg

May 1-2: Short break from campaigning
May 3-5: Campaigning in Manchester
May 6: Meet with State Senator Marthara Fuller Clark to seek endorsement
May 8-11: Treasurer Duties
May 12-17: Door to door campaigning in rural Belknap
May 18-21: Treasurer Duties
May 22: Sign wave in Portsmouth
May 23-25: Portsmouth canvassing
May 26: Meet again with the gun owners of New Hampshire to emphasize moderate views on guns
May 28-31: Door knocking in Campton
June 1-3: Calls to supporters who’ve donated along with phonebanking with volunteers in Laconia
June 3-6: Treasurer Duties
June 7-11: Barnstorming in Somersworth
June 11-12: Barnstorming in Dover
June 13: Door knocking in Exeter
June 14 Door Knocking in Atkinson
June 15: Sign wave in Plaistow
June 16-19: Door knocking in Hookestt
June 19-26: Treasurer Duties
June 27-30: Door knocking in Rochester
July 1-3: Door Knocking in Durham
July 4 Outdoor Barbecue in Laconia with supporters
July 5-7: Door-Knocking in Laconia
July 8-11: Phonebanking with supporters in Laconia
July 12-15: Treasurer Duties
July 16: Meet with the New Hampshire Union Leader editorial board to seek endorsement
July 17: Fundraiser at supporter’s home in Manchester
July 18: Town Hall in Manchester
Excerpt from Town Hall:
Q: So I wanted to ask you about the redistricting process in congress, as you probably know, here in New Hampshire the state legislature gets to draw the lines, do you think that’s fair and how will you vote on redistricting related matters in congress?
A: Well that’s an interesting question, I think almost anyone across the political spectrum can agree that gerrymandering is an undesirable affront to democracy. We’ve seen how state legislatures can abuse it like what happened in Texas three years ago. We need to pass a law establishing independent commissions in every state to stop this kind of anti-democratic behavior.
July 19-23: Canvassing with volunteers in Manchester
July 24-27: Treasurer Duties
July 28-31: Barnstorming in Seabrook
August 1: Fundraiser in Dover
August 2-3: Door-Knocking in Dover
August 4-7:Treasurer Duties
August 8: Meet again with Marthara Fuller Clark to seek endorsement
August 9: Phone conference with Howard Dean and Joe Trippi to discuss strategy in closing days of primary campaign
August 10-13: Door Knocking in Portsmouth
August 14: Meet with the Editorial Board of the Portsmouth Herald, seek endorsement
August 15-20: Door Knocking in Hampton and North Hampton
August 18-21: Treasurer Duties
August 22: Greet Dick Gephardt to New Hampshire to campaign together for the week
August 23: Stump speech with Gephardt in Manchester
August 23-27: Door knocking with Gephardt in Manchester
August 28: Open door fundraiser with Gephardt in Dover
August 29-30: Door knocking with Gephardt in Dover
August 31: Rally with Gephardt in Laconia
Excerpt from event
Millenberg: I just want to thank you all for coming out tonight. You know, since this campaign’s started, I can’t tell you how many doors I’ve knocked on, how many phone calls I’ve made, how many people’s stories I’ve heard. Because this campaign is about the people of this district. I’m listening to your concerns, not paying someone else to tell you about me. I’m running because I want to address local issues and that’s the only way we’re gonna win this November. Dick Gephardt knows this and that’s why he’s shown up to New Hampshire for me. Folks, the days of George Bush’s divisiveness will soon be over, let’s end them together!
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2021, 11:45:10 PM »

September schedule for Kyle Millenberg

September 1-3: Door Knocking in Manchester

September 4: Rally in Machester

Excerpt from rally:

The people of New Hampshire are tired of politicians who don't tell the truth! We're tired of empty promises from focus group tested candidates. We need real aid for our communities! That can only happen if we listen to the needs of the people. It's what I've done my entire career and I will continue to fight every single day for you in congress!

September 5: Meet with National Rural Letter Carriers Association, thank them for endorsement and pledge full support if elected

September 6-9: Barnstorming in Bedford, Gofstown and Merrimack

September 10th: Call supporters with volunteers to provide voting information

September 11th: Join Laconia Police Department to honor the victims of 9/11 outside of the station

September 12th: Rally with Dick Gephardt, Dennis Kucinich, David Gottesman and Martha Fuller Clark in Laconia

Excerpt from Speech:
We're putting together an all encompassing coalition here in New Hampshire. We've got people all over the political spectrum recognizing it's time to make a change. Our economy is not working for ordinary people, we've got massive income inequality, we have healthcare that no one can afford, we've got jobs being shipped overseas regularly. And what do we get from the leadership in this country? radio silence.

Look folks, I'm a small businessman who was born and raised here in Belknap county. I care deeply about Eastern New Hampshire. That's why it makes my blood boil when I see sleazy career politicians like George Bush ripping off the people of this community. As treasurer, I've always thought about what's best for the people first. I wasn't thinking about donors or interest groups, I was thinking about Belknap. That's the difference you get when compared to the corruption in Washington. Well, I'm ready to head on down there and sort things out. We are going to end George Bush's reign of terror once and for all and we're going to do it together!
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2021, 05:07:13 PM »

Surrogates

Throughout the week senators Gottesman and Fuller Clark knocked on doors in their districts for Kyle Millenberg. In addition to continuing to fundraise for Millenberg, former Minority Leader Gephardt sent out robocalls to voters in the district. Congressman Kucinich stumped for Millenberg along with volunteers at several major colleges in the district. Millenberg also coordinated with the unions supporting the candidate to provide campaign literature to union members with information on where and how to vote.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2021, 05:18:02 PM »

Speech from Kyle Millenberg HQ on results

Well folks, the results are in. And, it wasn't quite what we were hoping for. But know this, this was a win against the political establishment in Washington! We received over 20% of the vote, far higher than where we were polling when this all started. You knocked an thousands of doors, made thousands of phone calls, made thousands of donations, all of those efforts won those votes and for that, I am eternally grateful to you all. We may not have won this election, but we made a statement with the results. A statement that you can run all the slick ads you want, receive all the talking points form the board room, but you can't beat the power of earning the voter's trust by local service. So I'm asking you, not to wonder what my next political campaign will be, but to wonder about yours. Take it from me, you can make difference in your community if you run.

I also want to congratulate our nominee, Mayor Winters! She ran a great campaign and this was a well-deserved victory for her. I have already called her to inform her I will do anything she needs to win this general election. It's important we unite this party to put an end to the days of Bush's free reign in Washington. I also want to congratulate my fellow defeated candidates in this primary on very well-run campaigns. I was glad to see we all remained above the fray and didn't engage in many personal attacks on each other. Our debates were very civil and I very much appreciated it. I also want to thank my family for sticking by me and always helping when they could throughout my time in office and throughout this campaign. And lastly, I want to thank Belknap County, I won't be your treasurer for very much longer, but I want to say that serving you over these last eight years has been the opportunity of a lifetime. Voters of both parties placed their trust in me time and time again for this job and I really hope you feel I have served you to the best of my ability.

Well folks, thank you, thank you, thank you, God bless America and don't forget to vote Winters!

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies