East of the Merrimack (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:56:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  East of the Merrimack (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: East of the Merrimack (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 11516 times)
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2021, 11:04:38 PM »

David O'Connor for Congress
January and Feburuary Schedules

Manchester Union Leader

January

January 1-3: Celebrate New Years' with Bill and Jeanne Shaheen along with the O'Connors family at their home in Dover. Senator Kerry, and Former Representative Norman D'Amours in attendance as well.

January 4: Senator Kerry announces his endorsement of O'Connor at a rally in Portsmouth.

Hello! 2 years ago, David O'Connor was here in Portsmouth with me when we won the New Hampshire primary. I've known David for over 20 years, and he has stuck by my side every step of the way. David doesn't give up when the going gets tough, he's a fighter. When many wrote off my campaign 2 years ago, because of flailing poll numbers in Iowa and New Hampshire, David doubled down putting his reputation on the line to get much-needed cash so that we were able to win not just in Iowa and New Hampshire, but the entire Democratic primary. He has stuck up for our union workers and has been one of the loudest and proudest voices of protecting employees' rights to collectively bargain with their employers. That is why I am proud to endorse David today because we need someone in Washington who will help fight for the common people and not the business interests.

January 5: Accept the endorsement of former Representative Norman D'Amours in Manchester.

January 6: Roundtable with Union and Business leaders in Dover focus on reconciliation and support for further collective bargaining.

January 8: Meet and greet with Seniors at an assited living facility in Manchester, call for a patients bill of rights.

January 9: Meet with representatives of medical workers and healthcare providers.

January 12: Attend a strategy meeting with Bill Shaheen discussing the roll out of advertising in key areas of the state.

January 15: Announce a Workers Bill of Rights, outlining the right to a living wage, the right to collectively bargain, among others.

January 16: Announce the endorsement of  Local 131 of theUnited Association Plumbers and Steamfitters.

January 19: Speak to Union workers at a meeting of the New Hampshire IBEW.

January 21: Begin a Barnstorm of Belknap county in a campaign RV targetting possible Millenberg supporters

January 23: Meet and Greet outside the Laconia Walmart Super Center

Hello folks, I'm Dave O'Connor and I'm running to be your next Congressman. I understand that Mr.Millenberg is the county treauser here, and I respect him. Though we don't agree on all the issues, he has stated on the campaign trail that he would like to begin means testing Social Security, and I'm going to be frank and say that's a ludicrious proposal. As a Democrat, I think we should be protecting our senior citizens, and one of the rights I believe every American has the right to a dingified retirement and when I'm in Congress I won't let Social Security be gutted by President Bush and Kyle Millenberg.

January 24: Meet and Greet with Norman D'Amours in New Hampton at the local courthouse, speak on support for Medicare and Medicaid.

January 25: Continue tour of Belknap speak in Gilford on the importance of agriculture for the advancement of New Hampshire and the nation.

January 26: Speak in Tilton in opposition to CAFTA, and support for a higher minimum wage in New Hampshire across the nation.

January 27: Meet with volunteers in Meredith at a luncheon before a townhall at Interlakes High School

Voter: I voted for Senator Kerry and Congressman Jeb Bradley, why should I vote for you?

O'Connor: Well Sir, the reason you should vote for me in November is because I am going to be a check on President Bush. I understand you voted for Senator Kerry, because you thought he was either better than President Bush or you thought President Bush had failed our nation. I agree with you, and I voted for Senator Kerry as well. (pause) The reason I voted for Senator Kerry is because I have known him for many years and I truly believe he would be a great President. I am going to represent you by being a safe, moderate, and honest Congressman, who is going to oppose the war in Iraq, support Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security.

January 29: Meet and greet in Gilmantion focusing on Social Security and Mr.Millenberg's support of means testing

January 30: End the Belknap county tour with a speech in Belmont.

Feburary 2: Meet with leaders of the IBEW in Concord

Feburary 3: Meet with Senators Lou D'Allesandro and Maggie Hassen courting their endorsements in Concord

Feburary 4: Meet with national Democratic notables in Boston, highlighting connections with the national Democratic party.

Feburary 5: Meet with minority leader Nancy Pelosi in Washington.

Feburary 6: Meet with Rahm Emmanuel in Washington and discuss potential DCCC backing for the O'Connor campaign.

Feburary 9: Return to New Hampshire

Feburary 10: Meet with local Democratic leaders in Dover.

Feburary 11: Begin airing the first ads of the campaign

Feburary 12: Meet with the editorial board of the Manchester Union Leader

Feburary 13: Speak to a group of SEIU workers in Londonderry on the minimum wage increase

Feburary 15: Announce support of a further investigation into AIG, call for regulation on the insurnace industry.

Feburary 16-21: Recover from the flu at home

Feburary 22: Rally with Senator Kerry in Dover

Feburary 24: Meet with Senators Chris Dodd and Joe Lieberman in Connecticut to discuss an endorsement

Feburary 25: Meet with Planned Parenthood and other women's organizations in Concord

Kuumo

P P
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2021, 08:35:22 AM »

Lauren Winters for Congress
January 2006

January 1st: Celebrate New Year's at home in Durham.
January 3rd: Meet with Professional Firefighters of New Hampshire in Concord and thank them for endorsement.
January 6th: Town hall and meet and greet in Manchester.
January 7th-8th: Barnstorm Manchester.
January 10th: Phonebank with supporters in Rochester.
January 13th: Town hall and meet and greet in Dover.
January 14th-15th: Barnstorm Dover and Rochester.
January 21st-22nd: Voter registration drive at UNH.
January 23rd-24th: Barnstorm Laconia, Wolfeboro, Ossipee, and Conway.
January 24th: Speak at meeting of SNHU chapter of the College Democrats in Manchester.
January 25th: Voter registration drive at SNHU.
January 27th: Campaign event with State Senator Iris Estabrook in Portsmouth.
January 28th-29th: Barnstorm Durham, Portsmouth, Hampton, and Exeter.
January 31th: Meet with State Senator Maggie Hassan in Concord, discuss healthcare and environmental policy and possible endorsement.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2021, 06:26:26 PM »

Turn IV: May 1st 2006-September 1st

[1]

Tom Griffith: Hello, good morning, and welcome back to WMUR New Hampshire broadcasting from Manchester. It's a temperate May morning, we've got some wind going on here, some clouds in the sky, make sure to wear a sweater if you go out, the wind makes the chill chillier! Red Sox fans rejoice, as they defeat the Orioles, hopefully on their way to competitive Autumn Baseball. But the season is really just beginning. For automobile fans, good news, as Fiat announces Alfa Romeo will be returning to the United States, if you can afford it! We've got more stories coming to you today on spring events in the Granite State, but first, we've also got analysis on the race for Congress here in east New Hampshire.

Jennifer Vaughn: Well the campaign is really heating up, State Senator Maggie Hassan delivering the last shake up with an endorsement for Durham Mayor Lauren Winters. David O'Connor, Bill Fiske, Kyle Millenberg have all been in the press lately with their aggressive campaigning. Dr. Jennifer Annika on the other hand, has made news for the skiing accident that has kept her off the trail as of late.

Tom Griffith: On the Republican side things are no less heated. Jabez Parsons and Benjamin Smith are fighting for conservative votes, while Tyler Medford and Francis McGuinty are rising among those looking for an alternative to the usual goings on of politics. That race is no less close. The UNH Survey center has also supplied numbers to that effect, and in the Democratic primary, here they are.

Republican Primary Poll
Sample Size: 543
MoE: +/- 4.3%
Undecided/Unfamiliar/Other-20%  
Jabez Parsons-23%
Benjamin Smith-21%
Francis McGuinty-20%
Tyler Medford-18%

Democratic Primary Poll
Sample Size: 525
MoE: +/- 4.4%
Undecided/Unfamiliar/Other-19%
David O’Connor-20%
Bill Fiske-17%
Kyle Millenberg-15%
Jennifer Annika-15%
Lauren Winters-14%

Tom Griffith: A very competitive race, still with a lot of voters undecided, and remember there's that big margin of error, so who's to say what the make up of things really is.

Jennifer Vaughn: Anything else shaking up the race Tom?

Tom Griffith: Well Senator Chris Dodd has gotten behind O'Connor, the Human Rights Campaign, a homosexual rights advocacy group has endorsed Fiske, and there's a lot others, this race is a real exciting one. We'll cover it all after the break, including the next televised congressional debate!

News over the Duration of the Turn

• Al Qaeda in Iraq Leader Abu Musab Al Zarqawi is killed in a US air raid
  • North Korea tests long range missile Taepodong–2, reportedly a failure
  • Henry Paulson sworn in as new Treasury Secretary
  • Comair Flight 5191, carrying 50 people, crashes shortly after takeoff from Blue Grass Airport in Lexington, Kentucky

Welcome to the Fourth Turn of East of the Merrimack. This turn starts on May First and ends on September First. It will last in RL time for about 2-3 weeks. For this time you are free to post schedules for that period. There will be a debate this turn. I will still accept turn three schedules. Turn three was great, though I notice people are often cramming in the last few days. Do we not need as much time? I will keep the same week framework though this time because of the debate. The next turn will be brief but very exciting! Keep going!

[1] Wikimedia Commons, media logo used under Fair Use

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2021, 09:40:04 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2021, 09:44:40 PM by KaiserDave »

Endorsements List

Republicans
Francis McGuinty:
The New Hampshire Liberty Alliance
Citizens Against Government Waste
Republican Liberty Caucus of New Hampshire
Gun Owners of New Hampshire
U.S. Representative from TX-14 Ron Paul
FreedomWorks
Free State Project
Jabez Parsons:
U.S. Senator from Virginia John Warner
U.S. Senator from Indiana Richard Lugar
Manchester Mayor Frank Guinta
Bill Zeliff, Former U.S. Representative from NH-1
Charles Massahos*, Sheriff of Rockingham County
Scott Priestley*, Treasurer of Rockingham County
New Hampshire Lodging and Restaurant Association (Republican Endorsement)
Former U.S. Solicitor General Charles Fried
Former State House Speaker Gene G. Chandler
State House Speaker W. Douglas Scamman
Tyler Medford:
The Log Cabin Republicans of New Hampshire
U.S. Senator from Vermont Jim Jeffords
New Hampshire Young Republicans
Ted Gatsas, State Senator
U.S. Senator from Maine Olympia Snowe
Ret. Colonel Scott Brown
UNH College Republicans
NH Firearms Coalition
Benjamin Smith:
Americans for Tax Reform
Former Secretary of Commerce Peter G. Peterson
The Heritage Foundation
Tom DeLay, U.S. Representative for TX-22
Newt Gingrich, Former Speaker of the House
Executive Councillor Raymond Wieczorek
Former U.S. Senator Bob Smith
U.S. Senator from Mississippi Trent Lott

Democrats
David O'Connor:
IBEW Local 104
U.S. Senator from Massachusetts John Kerry
Attorney and 2004 Kerry New Hampshire Campaign Chair Bill Shaheen
Norman D'Amours, Former U.S. Representative from NH-1
UA Local 131 Plumbers & Steamfitters
U.S. Senator from Connecticut Chris Dodd
U.S. Representative from Massachusetts's 8th District Stephen Lynch
State Senator Lou D'Allesandro
SEIU Local 1984
Jennifer Annika:
Emily's List
New Hampshire Nurses's Association
State Senator Brian Wilson
New Hampshire Public Interest Research Group
Bill Fiske:
National Education Association-New Hampshire
Mayor of Portsmouth Steve Marchand
Business and Industry Association
New Hampshire Lodging and Restaurant Association (Democratic Endorsement)
Human Rights Campaign
Former Senator Warren Rudman
Kyle Millenberg:
Belknap County Democratic Party (Each Local Committee voted to endorse, County Committee does not endorse)
Dean 2004 Campaign Manager Joe Trippi
United Steelworkers Laconia
State Senator David Gottesman
Former Vermont Governor Howard Dean (Privately)
Former Minority Leader Dick Gephardt
IBEW Local 1837
Lauren Winters:
U.S. Representative from Vermont Bernie Sanders
Professional Firefighters of New Hampshire
Iris Estabrook, State Senator
State Senator Maggie Hassan
Granite State Progress
New Hampshire Citizens Alliance

If there is anything you believe to be missing, or things I should include that you should have to start, just tell me.

*Can't find the names for the people who held these offices in 2006, so using the modern names for convenience's sake and as a placeholder
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2021, 08:23:31 PM »

February 2006 - April 2006

February 3rd: Town hall in Hooksett.
February 4th-5th: Barnstorm Hooksett and other towns surrounding Manchester.
February 7th: Moderate second debate for Durham town administrator candidates.
February 10th: Phonebank with supporters in Dover.
February 11th: Barnstorm Dover.
February 16th: Speak at meeting of UNH College Democrats.
February 17th-19th: Barnstorm Epping, Deerfield, Derry, Londonderry, Kingston, Seabrook, Hampton, and Rye.
February 24th-26th: Barnstorm Rochester and Portsmouth.
February 27th: Speak at meeting of UNH College Feminists.

March 3rd: Town hall in Durham.
March 4th: Barnstorm Durham, Madbury, Lee, Newmarket, Newfields, and Exeter.
March 7th: Help administer Durham town elections.
March 8th-20th: Oversee town council transition period.
March 21st: Term as town administrator expires, successor sworn in.
March 23rd: Rally outside Wapack National Wildlife Refuge calling for more stringent protections for public lands and increased funding for the EPA and Department of the Interior.
March 24th: Town hall in Laconia.
March 25th-26th: Barnstorm Belknap County, disseminate campaign flyers.
March 29th: Town hall in Conway.
March 30th-31st: Barnstorm Carroll County, disseminate campaign flyers.

April 6th-8th: Barnstorm Manchester area, disseminate campaign flyers.
April 11th: Visit nursing home in Manchester, call for increasing Medicare benefits.
April 14th-15th: Barnstorm Rochester and Dover, disseminate campaign flyers.
April 16th: Attend church, take break from campaigning on Easter.
April 20th: Phonebank with supporters in Manchester.
April 21-23rd: Barnstorm Portsmouth and Seacoast region, disseminate campaign flyers.
April 24th-28th: Work with campaign staff on drafts for radio and YouTube ads.
April 29th: Co-host fundraiser for League of Conservation Voters in Concord.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2021, 08:30:53 PM »

Debate Rules and Regulations

Welcome to the second debate of East of the Merrimack. Debates in this game will be important in delineating differences between candidates, and forcing you to take tough positions. It will give you a chance to attack your opponents, and show why you're the best candidate. This opens up potential endorsements and other sources of support. Debates will be judged on the cohesiveness of your answers (not, cohesiveness is not grammar, people don't always speak in good grammar), and rhetorical skill. There will also be a randomized element for scoring. There will be an opening statement, two general questions, and a personalized question. You are also invited to post another written statement, rebutting the views of others or attacking other candidates. If you are posting your debate responses before everyone else and you want to wait to see what others do, you can post a response to what others have posted after you. But do not edit it after you post it (I will notice). Naturally there will also be a closing statement. Answers should be of reasonable lengths. Not four sentences, and also not two paragraphs. Responses are due on March 6th. I look forward to the joy this will bring!

University of New Hampshire PBS Republican Debate

Russel Morgan: Welcome to the Chamber of Commerce Republican Debate here at the Strand Dover. I'm Russel Morgan of the New Hampshire PBS, I'm joined by Ms. Evelyn Henry, senior at UNH and from the UNH political science department, and Wesley Jones of the Union Leader. Today we're moderating the second Republican debate for Congress in New Hampshire's First District. Let's begin.

1. An Opening Statement

2. What is your view on abortion and Roe vs. Wade?

3. How should America get to energy independence?

Personalized Questions:
To Tyler Medford: You've said that gun regulations are unacceptable, why is that?
To Francis McGuinty: You're the only candidate from background not in elected politics, do you want to elaborate on what that means?
To Jabez Parsons: What do you think is the biggest national security threat to the United States?
To Benjamin Smith: You've travelled out of state to various big dollar fundraisers, some have raised concerns this leaves you out of touch with the voters. What do you say to that?

4. Rebuttal Period

5. Closing Statement

WENH Democratic Debate

Tim Black: Welcome to the WENH Democratic debate, televised by WENH. I'm here with Edmund Williams from the New Hampshire Gazette. Let's begin.

1. An Opening Statement

2. Should President Bush be impeached?

3. How would you bring more jobs to New Hampshire?

Personalized Questions:

To Jennifer Annika: What will you do to bring federal dollars to New Hampshire?
To David O'Connor: What is the biggest threat to the American middle class today?
To Kyle Millenberg: Rumor has it, DNC Chair Howard Dean thinks you'd be the best nominee. Why do you think this is?
To Bill Fiske: You've gotten endorsed by the largest Teachers Union in New Hampshire. What's your plan for education?
Lauren Winters: You've made a few statements indicating potential support for a Canadian style single payer system? Care to elaborate?

4. Rebuttal Period

5. Closing Statement

President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2021, 12:15:59 AM »

Tyler Medford - Fighting For New Hampshire!
May 2005 - September 2006

May 2nd, 2006: Goes On Local Television
Question: Can you remind voters why you are running for Congress?
"I'm running to serve the people of New Hampshire and the United States as a whole. Congress right now is not working and both sides are not working together as they should be. I will be an independent voice that will work for everyone of all parties, not just Republicans and Conservatives of my party. I will fight hard for our state and what the voters wish to see."

May 5th, 2006: Fundraiser in Manchester, raises 80k (new record)

May 9th, 2006: Town Hall with voters in Manchester

May 12th, 2006: Meets with Sierra Club, urges environmental reform
"My meeting today went very well with the Sierra Club. We agree on so many issues and the importance of our environment and protecting it. I will work for them and push for reform in Congress."

May 16th, 2006: Visits Northwood and Deerfield, meets with voters and community members in those areas.

May 21st, 2006: Meets with Senator Judd Gregg in Nashua

May 24th, 2006: Visits state parks and other green areas

May 28th, 2006: Meets with NH Firearms Coalition
"As I've said many times in this campaign, the 2nd amendment is crucial and we must do everything to keep it and secure it from all threats. I am against most types of gun reform that is proposed and view guns as a very important part of New Hampshire."

May 31st, 2006: Town Hall in Dover

June 4th, 2006: Meets with Fmr Gov. Benson in Manchester, NH

June 8th, 2006: Fundraiser in Nashua, raises 60k

June 11th, 2006: Meets with Opioid Survivors in Manchester (district), talks about Opioids and the danger they face.
"Opioids are a cancer on our society and a huge threat to New Hampshire, that is specific to our state. It has taken so many lives and hurt so many others. We need to work together to fix this issue and to stop our great citizens from taking those drugs."

June 15th, 2006: Town Hall in Manchester

June 20th, 2006: Meets with ME Senator Susan Collins

June 24th, 2006: Meets with independent voters in Manchester
"Today, I met with independent voters in Manchester to talk about their main issues and what their beliefs are. We spoke about the issues that they are facing and other important topics. I am proud to represent independents and all other citizens of our great state."

June 27th, 2006:  Fundraiser in Portsmouth

July 1st, 2006: Visits NH historical sites in Manchester

July 4th, 2006: Attends Independence Day Parade in Manchester, meets with voters and other officials
"Today is a great day for our country. It is July 4th, which is a special day where we celebrate our nation and its great history."

July 8th, 2006: Town Hall in Dover

July 11th, 2006: Meets again with Log Cabin Republicans, discusses key issues

July 16th, 2006: Attends Sunday Church, talks about Family Values
"As a proud father and a proud American, I view family values as the bedrock of our society and something that is very important. I am a proud conservative that believes in a small government presence in American lives, which is part of the reason why I believe in civil unions for gay couples, as we should rights to everyone and should not interfere in our citizens lives."

July 20th, 2006: Meets with Fisherman in Portsmouth

July 26th, 2006: Visits small towns of Exeter, Stratham, and Newfields in district

July 30th, 2006: Meets with NH-2 Rep. Bass

August 2nd, 2006: Town Hall in Manchester

August 4th, 2006: Fundraiser in Dover

August 8th, 2006: Meets with youth and new voters in Manchester and other nearby towns (including UNH College Republicans)
"I met today with our nations future leaders. These great citizens are new voters in our state and will influence our nation for decades in the future. They are inspiring and smart as hell. I am proud to have the UNH College Republicans' endorsement and look forward to working with youth and our nation's next generation."

August 12th, 2006: Meets with voters in North Hampton and other nearby small towns including Hampton Beach, Rye, and Acorn Acres.

August 17th, 2006: Tours farms in district and what needs to be done to help those farms

August 21st, 2006: Town Hall in Salem

August 23rd, 2006: Goes back onto Local Television to urge all citizens to vote
"I urge all citizens of our great state to vote in the primary elections in a few weeks in September. This election is crucial and we need to elect somebody who represent the voters in Congress, which I will do. Please vote."

August 28th, 2006: Large Rally in Manchester with lots of supporters and volunteers to discuss final plan for last few week before primary.
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2021, 09:33:15 AM »

Tyler Medford Debate Answers

Opening Statement:
Hello, New Hampshire. I am running for the U.S. House to serve the people and bring back dignity and integrity to Washington. Currently, D.C. is not working for the people and I will try to fix that. We need politicians that serve the people and not special interests. I have proven through my record that I will do so and will try really hard to serve our great citizens of New Hampshire. I am excited for the opportunity and look forward to what is to come. Thank you!

What is your view on abortion and Roe vs. Wade?
This is a hard issue and it is very complicated. Personally, I'd prefer for people to not have abortions and in most cases people should not be getting abortions. However, there are exemptions including cases of rape and incest, danger to the mother or child, or teenage pregnancies. Other than these cases, people shouldn't be getting an abortion but there are circumstances that I just listed where people should have the choice to get an abortion.

How should America get to energy independence?
We need an all of the above energy strategy. We need to emphasize green technologies and new jobs. We also need to protect our public lands that are beautiful and important to our great state of New Hampshire. This is a conservative position in reality. It is conservative to conserve public lands and keeping our green parks and other spaces safe. 

Personalized Question: You've said that gun regulations are unacceptable, why is that?
Thank you for the question. I am not saying that gun regulations are never acceptable. However, in most cases they going too far and don't make sense for our state. Politicians in Washington often think that those gun regulations would solve all forms of gun violence, which isn't the case. Those are mental health issues that people have and the guns are not the cause or the solution. I am open to some forms of gun regulations, but only if it is proven that will solve those issues, and the gun regulation must not be too extreme.

Rebuttal Period, To Benjamin Smith:
You've travelled out of state to various big dollar fundraisers, some have raised concerns this leaves you out of touch with the voters. Why do you do this? The purpose of running for public office is to serve to people, and not special interests and rich donors. I haven't taken large donations from out of state, because they don't share our views and don't care about our great state. I don't understand this and think that this does leave you out of touch with the voters. I am in touch with the voters and what they want to see in Washington. I will work for my constituents in New Hampshire, and them alone. I urge everyone to vote for the candidate that will serve you and what you want to see. I believe that I am this person and will make you proud in Washington.

Closing Statement
As we close this campaign, I urge everyone to vote. Even if you are not going to vote for me, still vote. As Americans, it is our civic duty that everyone must do. As your next Representative, I will serve our people and work for them alone and not for special interests in Washington. I will work hard and have proven through my record that I will do this. Please vote and have a great night everyone!
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2021, 11:48:43 PM »

Annika for Us
May - August Campaign Schedule

May
May 1st - 11th: Rest, Physical Therapy due to Skiing Accident
May 12th: 1st event since accident, town hall in Portsmouth
May 13th - 17th: Rest
May 18th - 25th: Barnstorm Manchester
May 26th - 31st: Attend annual "Doctors of America" Convention in New York City

June
June 1st - 2nd: Put up Yard Signs with Campaign Staff in Hampton
June 3rd - 8th: Barnstorm Dover
June 9th: Hand out Campaign Fliers at the University of Southern New Hampshire
June 10th - 19th: Barnstorm Durham
June 20th: Rest
June 21st - 27th: Barnstorm Rochester
June 28th: Town Hall at Rochester City Hall
June 29th - 30th: Attend "Democratic Candidate Convention" in Manchester

July
July 1st - 15th: Barnstorm Manchester
July 16th - 19th: Rest
July 20th - 28th: Return to Dover to work at Medical Practice
July 29th - 31st: Barnstorm Dover

August
August 1st - 5th: Barnstorm Exeter
August 6th: Hold Town Hall at Exeter Recreational Center
August 7th: Bus Trip up to Conway, NH
August 8th - 16th: Spend the week in Conway, hold multiple events and go skiing
August 17th: Bus Trip back to Manchester
August 18th - 29th: Barnstorm Manchester
August 30th: Rally with nurses at local park in Manchester
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2021, 04:00:41 PM »

Annika for Us
Debate Answers
Credit to C-SPAN for the Photo

Opening Statement
Hello. My name is Jennifer Annika, I have been a doctor in Dover, New Hampshire for over a decade, and I am running to serve you in the U.S. Congress. Now, I'll let you in on a secret, I'm not a politician. I've worked on a a few political campaigns, but other than that, I have no idea how political insiders work. However, this has not deterred me from my task of taking on these Washington Insiders. I am a Democrat, but that means nothing when it comes to defending the people of New Hampshire. I will be a bipartisan fighter for real change in Washington, and taking the power out of the hands of the corrupt and putting it into the hands of the voters. I hope that you listen to what I have to say tonight, and help me go to Washington to fight for you and your family.
Question #1
This is a very interesting question. My answer is very simple, and may not be decisive but I don't know. I believe that there need to have an independent investigation into the President to see if he has committed any wrongdoing, and if we arrive at that point then I would examine the evidence, and make an informed decision. However, I will not commit to a yes or no unless there is proof that the President has committed crimes, or did anything with malice intent. Impeaching a President is a big decision for a Congress to make, and I think we need to be 100% sure that something has gone wrong if we arrive that point, otherwise the Congress would have failed at its duty.
Question #2
New Hampshire, along with many other states across the country, have began to feel the effects of a economic recession in these past months and years. People have been losing their jobs, and I have seen it first hand at my medical practice. People aren't able to come in to see what's wrong with them because they lost their Health Insurance because they lost their job. This is unacceptable. I have had to open my doors every other Saturday for free checkups because people can't come in anymore because they were fired. Washington has got to get, and excuse my language, their sh**t together. I refuse to stand by and watch people be demonized by power hungry, corrupt politicians that have no other motive than to help themselves become more powerful. I will work across party lines to bring jobs to New Hampshire through new employment programs, and other means to get real results for our citizens.
Personal Question
We all know that New Hampshire has needed more support from the Federal Government for years. Yet, time and time again we are overlooked by Washington, and it is a national disgrace. Every state in this union has the right to flourish, but New Hampshire has been denied that right for too long. It is my goal to go to Washington and push for spending ideas that will actually benefit New Hampshire families, and not give money away to those at the top of the economic food chain. We have to work towards real, meaningful change if we want to get anything accomplished for the citizens of our great state. Our motto is "Live Free or Die" and we have a duty to our people to ensure that they can live free. Live free of the worry of wondering they'll be able to eat tomorrow, get the live saving medicine they need, afford their rent, and so much more. We must do something.
Closing Statement
I want to thank my fellow candidates for joining me on the stage tonight, and to New Hampshire for listening to my ideas and opinions. We are on a mission. A mission to ensure that New Hampshire is represented fairly in the Congress, and that we are able to stop useless spending and redirect those federal dollars back into your pockets. We have to be bold, and we have to do it now. We cannot take our situation for granted. 2006 is the year to towards progressive ideas like more access to Healthcare, repealing the Bush Tax Cuts and putting money back into the pockets of the people, and so much more. I ask you to join me in this journey, because without you, we won't see anything get done and we will end up right back where we are now. Join me, and together we will show Washington just how serious New Hampshire is about change. Thank you.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2021, 06:25:25 PM »

Bill Fiske - Democrat for Congress
A voice for your community in Washington
May-June 2006 Schedule

2 May: Town Hall in Newmarket
5 May: Take part in a debate at the University of New Hampshire, arguing for raising the minimum wage:
We need to take action to safeguard the dignity of work and curb the increasingly grotesque levels of inequality in this country. Republicans claim that welfare should be cut to encourage people to work, but what’s the point if work doesn’t pay? The truth is that, in 2006, $5.25 an hour is nowhere near enough to pay for the basic standard of living that every American deserves, let alone raise a family. I believe a number closer to $8 strikes a fairer balance between these considerations and the needs of businesses.
7 May: Town Hall in Londonderry
10 May: Canvass in Meredith
12 May: Visit refugee resettlement site in Laconia
16 May: Accept endorsement from the Human Rights Campaign:
It is a great honour to accept this endorsement. Gay and lesbian people are of equal worth to anyone else, and that means that they ought to have the same rights in employment protections and marriage as everyone else. My message to those who continue to oppose progress in these fields is simple: stop playing politics with real people’s lives.
18 May: Rally in Manchester
21 May: Accept endorsement from the Business and Industry Association
First of all, my deepest gratitude for this very kind endorsement. As your representative, the many wonderful businesses of New Hampshire will always be at the front of my mind, as ultimately businesses are not mere organisations, but represent the livelihoods, hopes and dreams of countless real people. A particular priority for me will be removing red tape and increasing targeted funding to encourage innovation by businesses, especially small businesses.
24 May: Canvass in Portsmouth
28 May: Fundraiser in Manchester
30 May: Town Hall in Raymond

2 June: Open new summer camp facilities in Conway
4 June: Speech in Durham on the Iraq War
My message on this awful war is simple: a vote for Bill Fiske is a vote to end American involvement in Iraq. We need to efficiently transfer responsibility for Iraq’s security to the Iraqis themselves, while upholding our obligations to them through using diplomacy to push for greater democratisation. We then need to turn our attention to holding the Bush administration accountable for the terrible manner in which it has misled the American people, from manipulated intelligence to shameless corruption in handing out no-bid contracts to their buddies in big oil.
7 June: Rally in Manchester
9 June: Attend fundraiser for the Wildlife Heritage Foundation of New Hampshire
12 June: Town Hall in Hampton
15 June: Fundraiser in Portsmouth
17 June: Older voters’ forum in Exeter
My pledge to you today is this: I will always oppose any attempt to weaken Medicare or Social Security. The Bush administration's plan to privatise the latter is one of the most awful proposals of recent times, which would represent a wholesale betrayal by the government towards senior citizens and all Americans, to whom Social Security is a foundational part of the government’s obligations.
19 June: Take part in Juneteenth celebrations in Portsmouth.
22 June: Talk to patients and their families at the Memorial Hospital in Conway
24 June: Canvass in Rochester
28 June: Attend the New Hampshire Bar Association’s annual meeting, discuss support for the campaign with other politically active lawyers.
30 June: Accept endorsement from the New Hampshire Lodging and Restaurant Association:
As we enter another busy summer vacation season, we are reminded of the immense contribution of the hospitality industry to New Hampshire’s economy; it truly is the lifeblood of so many towns and areas, and an industry with tremendous growth potential. Coming from a resort town, no candidate appreciates this more than me, and I will always be a voice for Granite State hospitality in Washington, and put the small and family-run businesses which make up most of this industry above mega-corporations, for instance by clamping down on tax avoidance by them and using the money saved to give tax breaks and credits to small hospitality businesses.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2021, 08:31:25 PM »

Kyle Millenberg Debate Answers

Opening Statement:

I want to thank WENH for hosting this debate and I want to thank my opponents for being here. My Campaign is about Eastern New Hampshire. I’m running because I want to fight for what’s best for our state. No matter your background, your income level, your ethnicity, your age, I promise to be a congressman for you. And to help our state, it’s time we put an end to the conservative extremism coming out of Washington. If we’re going to improve the lives of our citizens, it’s time we move on from the disaster George Bush has left us. We need to elect people who will fight for our community's values. I’m in touch with those values, I was born and raised here. I know that the people here need jobs, healthcare and a government that listens. If you share these simple goals, please, join me in this fight.

Question 2:

I mean let’s look at the facts. George Bush, he lied us into a war, he took advantage of his position of power to crack down on our civil liberties, he has failed to recognize warnings of threats against our nation, he’s committed numerous war crimes while in office, his administration leaked the identity of a member of our intelligence community for purely political reasons, he’s suggested bombing journalists who don’t agree with him, this is all impeachable conduct. If we retake the house of representatives in 2007 and we do not fully investigate every single dirty deed Bush has done these last six years, we will be failing the American people. If we win, it will be because we have a mandate to put a check on the president. As a legislative body, this is the most meaningful way we can put a check on him. This president deserves to have the book thrown at him, we’re not going to play by his rules anymore. We are going to review all the facts and if we can prove he committed a crime, it’s gotta happen.

Question 3:

As I’ve said before we need to fight for better trade deals for New Hampshire families. We can’t continue to ship jobs overseas like we have done over the last many years. We need to keep American businesses here. We need to have strong protections for our workers while also fostering a climate that attracts businesses. We can do this by investing in programs like job training, so we have a versatile workforce.The people need the good paying jobs they’ve lost and if I’m elected to congress, I’ll fight tooth and nail for them.

Personalized Question:

Well I think Governor Dean is someone who sees the importance of reaching out to local communities. He knows the effectiveness of grassroots support. When I supported him in 2004 I recognised these were some of the strongest assets of his campaign. I have emphasised these tactics as part of my campaign. As Treasurer, I’ve been an active member of my community. I’ve knocked on hundreds of doors to discuss the issues that are affecting people. I’ve gained the trust of my constituents. As public servants that should be our number one goal. And I see and Governor Dean sees that that’s the way we’re going to retake congress in the year 2006.

Closing Statement:

We deserve better than what we’re getting from Washington. I think we can all agree on that. We have a government that’s not honest. A government that doesn’t work for the people. A government that is corrupted by outside influence. But we can do better. We can get aid to the families that need them. We can work for a government of, by and for the people. The days of George Bush moving around D.C unchecked will soon be over. But only if we fight like hell this year. I’m the candidate in this race who has the local connections we need to win this race. I’m going to bring all sorts of people together who have been cast out by this winner-take-all economy. I’ve won several times in a deeply conservative county because I listen.I can win Republicans and Independents while not sacrificing my principles for the sake of fake bipartisanship. This is the kind of movement that will flip this seat and that’s why we’re going to win this December, I hope you’ll join me, thank you.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2021, 07:24:19 PM »

Bill Fiske - Democrat for Congress
A voice for your community in Washington
July-August 2006 Schedule

2 July: Canvass in Dover
4 July: Take part in Conway Independence Day parade, followed by family barbecue
7 July: Rally and meet and greet supporters in Conway
10 July: Fundraiser in Durham
12 July: Talk in Manchester about the importance of investment in municipal public transport systems:
The benefits of expanding public transport, particularly at the local level, are manifold and will more than provide return on investment. It will make getting around cheaper and easier, increase air quality, combat global warming, ease congestion, and reduce dependence on foreign energy sources. This is definitely something the federal government should be incentivising.
15 July: Canvass in Laconia
18 July: Town hall in Seabrook
20 July: Meet with gay rights activists in Manchester
23 July: Young voters’ town hall in Portsmouth:
What will you do to reduce the cost of college?
First of all, I absolutely agree that this is a problem which urgently needs combatting. My plan would involve slashing interest rates on student loans, and significantly increasing aid to less well-off students. Nobody should be denied a college education because they cannot afford it. At the same time, we need to recognise that university is not for everyone, but sadly we do not provide enough alternative opportunities for young people at the moment. To that end, I would like to see an expansion of trade schools and vocational education, to give America the skilled workforce and competitive manufacturing sector it needs.
26 July: Help to install solar panels on the Conway Town Hall
28 July: Fundraiser in Conway
30 July: Canvass in Exeter

1 August: Town Hall in South Hookset
3 August: Speech on broadband in Rochester:
In today’s world, having access to high-quality broadband is fast becoming just as important as having electricity or a telephone, and extensive, up-to-date telecommunications infrastructure is what will drive America’s future economic growth. This has to be one of tue government’s number one investment priorities, especially to close the rural-urban divide by levelling up the broadband of rural areas, which are currently underserved.
6 August: Canvass in Hampton
8 August: Fundraiser in Portsmouth
11 August: Canvass in Jackson
14 August: Town Hall in Wolfeboro
17 August: Meet with tech start-up founders in Manchester
19 August: Rally in Portsmouth with Mayor Marchand
21 August: Meet with families of soldiers killed in Iraq
24 August: Interview with WEVO:
Is our political system dysfunctional, and if so, how should it be fixed?
I think there is a large degree of dysfunction in Washington today, yes. There are no easy answers, and I’m not going to pretend that I, as one of 435 representatives, will be able to fix it on my own, but I certainly think there are several things which can be done to make things better. First, what I would term clever bipartisanship. We Democrats should be willing to work across the aisle with Republicans, but not let them play games with us or take advantage of this extending a hand. As a town manager, I will bring the same attitude of pragmatic results-oriented legislating, not ideological grandstanding, to Washington. Secondly, stricter regulations around lobbying and campaign finance so that politicians focus on their constituents above special interests. I for one can promise to the people of this district that I will never enter lobbying.
26 August: Canvass in Freedom
28 August: Visit daycare in Dover, discuss need for affordable childcare and more generous maternity leave
31 August: Town Hall in Farmington
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2021, 10:20:26 PM »

January 2-September 1

January 2-20: Rockingham County, NH

January 2-6: Door knocking in Derry
January 7-11: Door knocking in Portsmouth
January 12-15: Rallies in Portsmouth
January 16-20: Rallies in Derry

January 21-February 4: Manchester County, NH

January 21-29: Door knock in Manchester
January 30-February 4: Rallies in Manchester

February 5-27: Strafford County, NH

February 5-10: Door knock in Dover
February 11-15: Rally in Dover
February 16-22: Door knock in Rochester
February 23-27: Rally in Rochester

February 28-March 3: Make calls to GOP donors and fundraisers
March 4-6: Disseminate campaign literature
March 7-21: Councilor duties
March 22-28: Attend fundraiser in Great Falls, Virginia
March 29-April 3: Meet with NH State GOP in Concord to seek support for campaign

April 4-May 12: Rockingham County, NH

April 4-10: Door knocking in Derry and distributing campaign literature
April 11-16: Rallies in Derry
April 17-24: Town halls in Derry
April 25-May 1: Door knocking in Portsmouth and distributing campaign literature
May 2-7: Rallies in Portsmouth
May 8-12: Town halls in Portsmouth

May 13-June 4: Manchester County, NH

May 13-20: Door knocking in Manchester and distributing campaign literature
May 21-27: Rallies in Manchester
May 28-June 4: Town halls in Manchester

June 5-July 19: Strafford County, NH

June 5-11: Door knocking in Dover and and distributing campaign literature
June 12-18: Rallies in Dover
June 19-25: Town halls in Dover
June 26-July 3: Door knocking in Rochester and distributing campaign literature
July 4: Attend July 4th Event in Rochester
July 5-11: Rallies in Rochester
July 12-19: Town halls in Rochester

July 20-31: Councilor duties
August 1-4: Make calls with donors to seek fundraising
August 5-8: Attend fundraiser in San Francisco, CA
August 9-11: Disseminate campaign literature

August 11-22: Rockingham County, NH

August 11-14: Door knocking in Derry and distributing campaign literature
August 15-18: Door knocking in Portsmouth and distributing campaign literature
August 19-20: Town halls in Portsmouth
August 21-22: Town halls in Derry

August 20-30: Manchester County, NH

August 20-23: Door knocking in Manchester and distributing campaign literature
August 24-27: Town halls in Manchester
August 28-30: Rallies in Manchester

August 31: Debate filler day

Debate coming next
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2021, 03:10:19 AM »
« Edited: March 08, 2021, 07:24:40 PM by Frémont Nationalist Old Idahoan »

May 2006

May 1st: Voter registration drive in Rochester.
May 2nd: Phonebank with supporters in Rochester.
May 3th-6th: Barnstorm Rochester and Dover.
May 8th: Rally in Exeter with State Senator Maggie Hassan.
May 9th: Voter registration drive in Derry.
May 10th-13th: Barnstorm Derry, Londonderry, Auburn, Candia, Bedford, and Merrimack.
May 16th: Town hall and voter registration drive in Manchester.
May 17th-20th: Barnstorm Manchester.
May 22nd: Campaign ads released on YouTube and radio.

Quote from: Lauren Winters campaign ad
*YouTube version shows Winters standing in the central square in Rochester*

"Hello, I'm Lauren Winters. I'm running for Congress because everyday Americans are being left behind. In recent years, our factories have closed, our wild places have been polluted, and our healthcare and education costs more than ever. Career politicians in Washington continue to ship our jobs out of the country and waste our taxpayer dollars on costly wars overseas. Growing up in Rochester, I experienced the very human costs of these policies firsthand when my uncle Frank died in Vietnam and when my father was laid off from his job as a machinist. As mayor of Durham, I expanded public education, enacted green policies, and kept in touch with my friends and neighbors. As your Representative, I will bring a fresh, open perspective to Washington and stop the cycle of inaction."

"I'm Lauren Winters, and I approve this message."

May 23rd-24th: Barnstorm Portsmouth.
May 25th-27th: Barnstorm Rye, Hampton, Hampton Falls, Seabrook, Kensington, and Kingston.
May 29th: Meet with Iraq Veterans Against the War members in Manchester, highlight opposition to the Iraq War and support for overhauling the mental health care system in the military.
May 30th-31st: Barnstorm Wolfeboro, Ossipee, Effingham, Freedom, and Conway.
Brother Jonathan

« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2021, 03:49:23 PM »

Jabez Parsons for Congress
May/June/July/August Schedule

May
May 1st-2nd- Meetings with State legislative leaders
May 3rd- State Senate session
May 4th- Meeting with the Governor, along with other legislators
May 5th- Town hall in Manchester with Mayor Guinta
May 6th- Town hall in Hampton
May 7th-10th- Meeting with legislative leaders
May 11th- State Senate session
May 12th-13th- Law firm work
May 14th-15th- Record audio for television ad
May 16th- Town hall in Bartlett
May 17th- Town hall in Conway
May 18th- Fundraiser in Manchester
May 19th- Town hall in Auburn
May 20th-23rd- Meetings with the Republican caucus
May 24th- State Senate session
May 25th- Meetings with Republican leadership
May 26th-27th- Law firm work
May 28th- Town hall in Portsmouth
May 29th- Attend Memorial Day service in Chester
May 30th- Law firm work
May 31st- Town hall in Rye

Jabez Parsons for Congress ad: "New Hampshire Values"

The Common, Chester, NH
Unknown authorUnknown author, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons

"I was born in New Hampshire, and I've always called her home..."

Manchester New Hampshire skyline
Graham Nadig, CC BY 2.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

"From her vibrant cities, full of small businesses and family shops..."

Lake Winnipesaukee and the Ossipee Mountains
Don Kasak, CC BY-SA 2.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

"To herwelcoming wilderness, where there is always something new to explore..."

Flag of New Hampshire
from the xrmap flag collection 2.7, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons

"But what really makes New Hampshire special is her people. Fiercely independent, strong-willed, and above all, hard-working lovers of liberty..."

"I'm Jabez Parsons, and I'm running to give you a voice in Washington, to fight for our values, and to show this country what some real New Hampshire leadership can do. I pledge to fight for a fair tax code, with lower rates for all, closing loopholes, reducing government waste, and protecting our nation from those who would do us harm. But most of all, I will be fighting for you. I'm Jabez Parsons, and I approve this message."

June
June 1st- Law firm work
June 2nd- Town hall in Laconia
June 3rd- Town hall in Manchester
June 4th- Town hall in Candia
June 5th- Rally in Freedom with Gene Chandler and Bill Zeliff
June 6th- Dinner with state legislative leaders
June 7th-10th- Law firm work
June 11th-15th- Summer retreat for State Republican leaders
June 16th- Fundraiser in Portsmouth
June 17th- Dinner with Steve Duprey
June 18th-19th- Meetings with state legislative leaders
June 20th- Town hall in Newfields
June 21st- Town hall in Exeter
June 22nd-23rd- Meetings with Republican leadership
June 24th- State Senate session
June 25th- Meeting with Union Leader editorial staff
June 26th- Rally with Mayor Frank Guinta in Manchester
June 27th- Meeting and Q&A session with Seacoast small business owners
June 28th-29th- Meetings with State legislative leaders
June 30th- Town hall in Londonderry

July
July 1st- Town hall in Lee
July 2nd- Town hall in Milton
July 3rd- Town hall in Plaistow
July 4th- March in Chester 4th of July Parade, help with town fireworks display
July 5th- Town hall in Ossipee
July 6th- Telephone town hall with farmers
July 7th- Telephone town hall with small business owners
July 8th- Town hall in Durham
July 9th- Barbeque for local Republicans in Chester
July 10th- Rally in Portsmouth
July 11th- Fundraiser in Manchester
July 12th-14th- Law firm work
July 15th- Meetings with Republican leadership
July 16th- Town hall in Merrimack
July 17th- Town hall in Tuftonboro
July 18th-20th- Law firm work
July 21st- Town hall in Sandwich
July 22nd- Fishing with local Republican officials
July 23rd- Town hall in Rollinsford
July 24th- Town hall in Derry
July 25th- Town hall in Meredith
July 26th- Town hall in Hooksett
July 27th- Town hall in Seabrook
July 28th- Launch “Fighting for the First District” tour in Merrimack
July 29th- Town halls in Bedford and Goffstown
July 30th- Two town halls in Manchester
July 31st- Town halls in Londonderry and Auburn

August
August 1st- Town hall and rally in Derry
August 2nd- Town halls in Hampstead and Sandown
August 3rd- Town halls in Danville and Kingston
August 4th- Town halls in Plaistow and Newton
August 5th- Visit Smith’s Corner Historic District in South Hampton, town hall in Seabrook
August 6th- Town hall in Hampton, dinner at the Orchard Grille in Hampton Falls
August 7th- Town halls in North Hampton and Rye
August 8th- Rest day in New Castle
August 9th- Breakfast at the Wentworth by the Sea, town hall in Portsmouth
August 10th- Tour the airport in Newington, discuss funding, and town hall in Greenland
August 11th- Town halls in Stratham, Exeter, and Kensington
August 12th- Town hall in East Kingston
August 13th- Town halls in Brentwood and Freemont
August 14th- Rally and relax in Chester
August 15th- Town halls in Hooksett, Candia, and Raymond
August 16th- Town halls in Deerfield, Northwood, and Nottingham
August 17th- Town halls in Epping and Newmarket, small party in Newfields
August 18th- Town halls in Lee, Durham, and Madbury
August 19th- Town halls in Dover, Rollinsford, and Somersworth
August 20th- Town halls in Rochester, Barrington, and Strafford
August 21st- Rest day
August 22nd- Town halls in Farmington, Milton, and Wakefield
August 23rd- Town halls in Brookfield, Middleton, and New Durham
August 24th- Town halls in Alton, Barnstead, and Gilmanton
August 25th- Town halls in Belmont, Laconia, and Gilford
August 26th- Town halls in Meredith, New Hampton, Center Harbor, and Moultonborough
August 27th- Town halls in Tuftonboro, Wolfeboro, Ossipee, and Effingham
August 28th- Town halls in Freedom, Eaton, Madison, and Tamworth
August 29th- Town halls in Sandwich, Albany, Conway, and Chatham
August 30th- Town halls in Jackson, Hart’s Location, Hale’s Location
August 31s- Rally to mark the end of the “Fighting for the First District” tour in Bartlett
Brother Jonathan

« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2021, 04:10:55 PM »

Jabez Parsons- Debate Answers

An Opening Statement

Well thank you, and thank you to New Hampshire PBS. And I a special thank you to my alma mater the University of New Hampshire for hosting this debate. It's good to be back!

Ladies and gentlemen, Washington needs to change. We've allowed ourselves to be blinded by partisanship and stalled by gridlock. We need to remember the wisdom of our founders, remember the duty of the leader and the statesman, and we have to work together to address the grave issues this nation faces. Ladies and gentlemen, I am running for Congress to work for you, not for the special interests or even for my party. I am running to lead, not to follow, and I am running to fight for you. Let's send a message to Washington, and let's tell them it's time to get to work.

What is your view on abortion and Roe vs. Wade?

I think abortion is a difficult subject, and it is one I have had to wrestle with. But if you, like me, have ever had the privilege of hearing a fetal heartbeat, of seeing those images of a small human, so innocent and so peaceful, I think you pretty quickly start having trouble with the idea of unrestricted abortion. I will say, without hesitation, that the Court was wrong, simply wrong, in Roe. There is no Constitutional right to an abortion. And we should, as soon as possible, ban late-term abortions. Beyond that, I think it should broadly be up to the states, and I would hope we could all recognize the real gravity of the matter.

How should America get to energy independence?

Well, there are a couple of pretty common-sense solutions we can start with. For one, you can increase the research and development tax credit. That not only stimulates the energy sector, but the entire economy, and we know from experience that policies like that do indeed stimulate new energy development. We need to expand our usage of renewables, but we don't want the government picking winners and losers in the economy, but we can get rid of unnecessary regulations and help all of our businesses, and reduce costs for consumers in the process. Finally, you can expand oil exploration on federal lands, balancing that with environmental concerns, which not only helps us expand our energy potential but also generates revenue through leasing fees and taxes.

What do you think is the biggest national security threat to the United States?

I'll have to take a page from my old friend Senator Lugar's book here and say that it is nuclear proliferation, and more broadly that it is the threat that all weapons of mass destruction pose to the entire world. I have spoken and worked with some of this nation's leading foreign and security policy thinkers, and I can safely say I have more foreign policy experience than any candidate in either party in this election. Whatever threats we face, I know I will be ready to meet them. That is why not only Senator Lugar but Senator Warner, a decorated war hero and chair of the Senate Armed Services Committee, has also endorsed me.

Closing Statement

Well, I think I'll end this debate where it began, by thanking all of you for watching tonight, and our gracious host for hosting us, and our experienced moderators for managing a really smooth debate. Ladies and gentlemen, I am asking for your vote to be your voice in Washington, to fight for our New Hampshire values, and to stand up against the failed policies of the past and for the policies best suited to build our bright future. Thank you.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2021, 05:00:38 PM »

Bill Fiske Debate Answers

Opening Statement
Good evening. America and New Hampshire deserve better. 6 years of the Republicans’ disastrous hard right agenda has left us mired in a terrible war, with more and more people uninsured, inequality increasing, and a plan to rip up Social Security as we know it. We can, and we must, do better. As your representative, I will pursue a pragmatic progressive agenda, fighting for a public option for health insurance, protecting the vital social programmes upon which many Granite Staters young and old depend, preserving our natural beauty, and leaving behind a planet fit for our kids and grandkids to flourish in. I will work across party lines where necessary, but I will not fall for Republican ploys to obstruct the policies which the people of New Hampshire want and need. With two decades’ worth of experience in the largely unglamorous, but crucial, world of local government, I know how to get things done. I’m not out to enrich myself, play ideological games, or secure a plush job in corporate lobbying, but to help the wonderful people of this district’s communities.

Should President Bush be impeached?
I know that voters rightfully hate it when candidates don’t give a direct answer, but I have to honestly say that I’m not able to reach a judgement on this question at this time. The impeachment process involves members of Congress carefully reviewing painstakingly-collected evidence, and we have not had an investigation into the President’s activities to glean such evidence yet. However, what I can say is that between the manipulation of evidence pertaining to Saddam Hussein’s now apparently nonexistent WMDs, no-bid contracts for Iraqi oil given to Halliburton, of which Vice President Cheney was Chief Executive, and the disgraceful Plame Affair, it is certainly far from inconceivable that the President has committed impeachable offences. Nonetheless, impeachment is a process which ought to be reserved for only the most grave of presidential misdeeds, and we must be careful not to turn it into a tool for petty partisan vengeance, as the Republicans did against President Clinton. But I’m not ruling anything out, and the current administration certainly seems to me to be unusually corrupt and deceitful.

How would you bring more jobs to New Hampshire?
I think there are a number of things we should be doing. First of all, get smarter in our trade agreements. At its best, free and fair trade can create jobs for all nations concerned, but our current agreements have been written with the interests of big corporations, which want to ship American jobs overseas to cheaper labour markets, prioritised over those of ordinary people in New Hampshire. Secondly, create an environment conducive for the success of small businesses, which are some of our greatest potential job creators, by investing in grants which encourage innovation and cutting unnecessarily burdensome regulations and sections of the tax code, often supported by big businesses, which can afford to hire lawyers and advisors to handle them, at the expense of small businesses. Finally, expand vocational education, trade schools and apprenticeships, so that workers have the skills they need to succeed, and stop telling kids that college and a white collar job is the only path to success in life.

You’ve gotten endorsed by the largest teachers’ union in New Hampshire. What’s your plan for education?
We need to completely rethink the way which we fund schools. The property tax method is unreliable and grossly unfair, leaving schools in poorer and more rural areas severely disadvantaged. We need the federal government to provide the support for states to introduce intelligent funding formulae which send the money where it is most needed. Moving to the classroom level, which is where learning actually takes place and thus our main focus must be, we have to trust teachers more. Most are fantastic professionals with a real flair for their job, and we need to let them get on with teaching and inspiring kids, not sucking the joy out of education with laborious teaching to standardised tests. Nonetheless, most teachers I talk to also recognise the need for some core curriculum content to ensure that all kids are learning what they need to, but with a good degree of flexibility. We also need to make sure that teachers are recruited and retained by paying them fairly for their vital work.

Rebuttal to Jennifer Annika
With all due respect, you haven’t answered the question on jobs at all. Just a lot of rhetoric, and no actual, concrete detail on how you would create jobs for Granite Staters. Voters want policy, not platitudes, and I promise that that is what I will focus on as your Representative.

Closing Statement
The people of New Hampshire’s 1st District rightfully demand more from their elected representatives than the same old lip service to constituents’ needs, followed by cosying up to special interests and exacerbating partisan gridlock. I promise to you that I will be a different kind of politician, working with my colleagues to achieve an ambitious, yet common sense agenda, which will make a real difference to people’s lives. From healthcare, to education, to the environment, we have got so much to do to realise the American Dream for every resident of the 1st District, and I will not waste any time on Washington insider hijinks. And you don’t have to take my word for it - just look at my record of achievement in my town of Conway. If you want pragmatic, transformative leadership grounded in New Hampshire communities which you can trust over the usual mix of incompetence and corporate connections, I humbly request your vote for the Democratic nomination for New Hampshire’s First District’s Representative.
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2021, 02:42:00 AM »
« Edited: March 08, 2021, 07:27:02 PM by Frémont Nationalist Old Idahoan »

June 2006 -  August 2006

June 1st: Town hall in Farmington.
June 2nd-3rd: Barnstorm Farmington, Milton, Wakefield, Brookfield, Middleton, New Durham, Wolfeboro, and Alton.
June 6th-8th: Barnstorm Durham, Madbury, Lee, Nottingham, Deerfield, Northwood, Strafford, and Barrington.
June 9th-10th: Barnstorm Rochester.
June 12th: Phonebank with supporters in Dover.
June 13th-16th: Barnstorm Dover, Somersworth, Rollinsford, and Newington.
June 19th: Town hall in Portsmouth.

Quote from: Lauren Winters, Portsmouth town hall, June 19th, 2006
Question: Is it true that you support a move toward automatic voter registration in New Hampshire and other states?
Yes; I strongly support expanding access to voting because it encourages more civic participation from people in all walks of life. This is just the logical next step of the Motor Voter Act that made it easy to register to vote after applying for a driver's license. Anyone who didn't want to register would be able to opt out; the insinuations from the right about lack of choice are unfounded. The only people who should fear automatic voter registration are those who would prefer fewer people voting so they can ignore the concerns of the less fortunate.

June 20th-22nd: Barnstorm Portsmouth.
June 23rd-24th: Barnstorm New Castle, Rye, North Hampton, Hampton, Seabrook, Exeter, and Epping.
June 26th: Phonebank with supporters in Manchester.
June 27th: Meet with tech startup leaders in Manchester. Announce support for more government investment in the tech industry.
June 28th-30th: Barnstorm Manchester.

July 1st: Barnstorm Manchester.
July 3rd: Town hall in Derry.
July 4th: Celebrate Independence Day in Durham.
July 5th-7th: Barnstorm Derry, Londonderry, Auburn, Candia, Raymond, Fremont, Kingston, and Newton.
July 8th: Joint rally with State Senator Iris Estabrook in Portsmouth.
July 10th: Phonebank and sign wave with supporters in Portsmouth.
July 11th-12th: Barnstorm Portsmouth.
July 13th: Attend a Sierra Club fundraiser in Concord.
July 14th: Joint rally with State Senator Maggie Hassan in Brentwood.
July 17th: Town hall in Somersworth.
July 18th: Phonebank and sign wave with supporters in Dover.
July 19th-20th: Barnstorm Dover.
July 21st: Meet with October 2005 flood survivors and town fire department in Alstead. Announce support for infrastructure programs to maintain rural bridges and roads and assist with planting new trees in the town.
July 24th-25th: Discuss possible new strategies and campaign ads with campaign manager.
July 26th: Phonebank and sign wave with supporters in Rochester.
July 27th-28th: Barnstorm Rochester.
July 29th: Co-host fundraiser for Strafford County Democratic Party in Dover.
July 31st: Work with campaign staff on new ads.

August 1st-2nd: Work with campaign staff on new ads.
August 3rd: Town hall in Manchester.
August 4th: Phonebank and sign wave with supporters in Manchester.
August 5th: Joint rally with Democratic state house candidates in Rochester.
August 7th: Meet with Rochester fire department, highlight support for increased protections for firefighters, rural infrastructure development, and raising the minimum wage to $8.50 per hour.
August 8th-9th: Barnstorm Rochester.
August 10th: Town hall in Dover.
August 11th-12th: Barnstorm Dover.
August 14th-15th: Work with campaign staff on finalizing ads.
August 16th-19th: Barnstorm Portsmouth.
August 21st: Town hall in Exeter.
August 21st: New YouTube ad goes online.

Quote from: Lauren Winters new YouTube campaign ad
*slideshow with photos of abandoned factories, war zones in Iraq, and Hurricane Katrina destruction accompanied by somber music*

Lauren Winters: "The world today is an unforgiving place. Decades of inaction by America's leaders haven't made it any better."

*video cuts to Winters standing at the top of a peak in the White Mountains*

"That's why I'm running for Congress. As a lifelong New Hampshirite, I've always stood for protecting our public lands, safeguarding our jobs, and defending our healthcare. I'm not afraid to challenge the system to fight for the livelihoods of my family, friends, and neighbors and for the future they will pass on to their children. So chip in just one dollar for the future."

"I'm Lauren Winters, and I approve this message."

August 22nd-25th: Barnstorm Manchester.
August 26th: Phonebank with supporters in Durham.
August 27th-30th: Debate preparation.
August 28th: New radio ad goes on air on WGIR in Manchester and WQSO in Rochester, Dover, and Portsmouth.

Quote from: New radio ad
Russel Morgan: "Councilor Benjamin Smith."
Benjamin Smith: "I am running for Congress because I believes New Hampshire needs a conservative voice to stand with President Bush."

Tom Griffith: "How do we get back to a balanced budget?"
Benjamin Smith: "Democratic administrations have refused to address the issues that Social Security and Medicare are becoming financially insolvent. I believe we need to privatize these programs at least partially to free up some funding for the federal government, and I commended President Bush's efforts on this front."

Russel Morgan: "What is your view on the American presence in Iraq?"
Benjamin Smith: "I believe that we should consider a surge of troops in Iraq."

Narrator: "Benjamin Smith proudly supports privatizing your Social Security and Medicare and can't wait to send a surge of more troops to Iraq. Do you really want an conservative extremist congressman for southeast New Hampshire?"

*ominous music*

Lauren Winters: "I'm Lauren Winters, and I approve this message."
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2021, 01:36:17 PM »

University of New Hampshire PBS Republican Debate

Russel Morgan: Welcome to the Chamber of Commerce Republican Debate here at the Strand Dover. I'm Russel Morgan of the New Hampshire PBS, I'm joined by Ms. Evelyn Henry, senior at UNH and from the UNH political science department, and Wesley Jones of the Union Leader. Today we're moderating the second Republican debate for Congress in New Hampshire's First District. Let's begin.

1. An Opening Statement

Good evening,

I am running for Congress because I believe New Hampshire needs a conservative champion. We need someone who will stand up for our taxpayers and small businesses which have been held back for too long by bureaucratic red tape. President Bush is doing all he can to reduce the red tape, but he can't do it alone. I've seen first hand, the impact that crushing taxes can have on a family. When I was a child, my mother raised me and my two siblings mostly alone due to my father always being out of town. While we were certainly more fortunate than many she would still keep a small book, where she recorded all of our transactions to determine if she could afford something or not. While traveling the state, I've heard countless stories of those who have been crushed by the massive tax burden that has been created, and I want to provide relief to these families.

2. What is your view on abortion and Roe vs. Wade?

I believe that the rights of the unborn should be protected. Abortion is a terrible unfortunate thing and we should seek to limit it as much as possible, however I believe overturning Roe v Wade would be a mistake. We need to acknowledge that many abortions do occur in cases of rape or incest or danger to the life of the mother, in this case, access to abortion should remain accessible. I also think we need to encourage the use of birth control like contraception to reduce the amount of abortions that occur.

3. How should America get to energy independence?

There is lots of untapped oil in the Alaskan frontier. The radical environmentalists in the Democratic Party have blocked access to drilling in the ANWR for years. We need the oil there to put this nation on a path to energy independence. We should also drill more in Texas, Oklahoma, and other oil producing states. I'd even consider reviving coal, the amount of coal produced in states like West Virginia and Pennsylvania is more than enough to be a viable fuel source. Lastly, let me be clear that I do not advocate abandoning our Middle Eastern allies and we should continue to use Middle Eastern oil as well.

Personalized Questions:

To Benjamin Smith: You've travelled out of state to various big dollar fundraisers, some have raised concerns this leaves you out of touch with the voters. What do you say to that?

Let me make one thing clear, this campaign is about the people of New Hampshire. Some people out of state are willing to support my campaign and I'm willing to accept their support, they share my vision for what New Hampshire should be. They stand for my values of fiscal responsibility in government and lower taxes and for interventionism abroad. I resent the insinuation that I am somehow beholden to out of state donors, they are supporting me because they agree with me, not because they want to buy my vote if I am elected to Congress. I will always be an independent voice who will do what is right for New Hampshire, and if you also believe in that, then join us!

4. Rebuttal Period

Mr. Medford has chosen to repeat the lies that I am somehow beholden to out of state interests. I will note simply that my platform is popular and is universal. It is something that everyone can get behind, and I welcome the support of anyone who represents my vision. However, those who support me cannot expect that I will adjust my vision to suit their needs, which is what Mr. Medford seems to be implying. Quite frankly this is a disgusting attack by Mr. Medford assuming that I'd sell out my principles for campaign cash and he should apologize.

5. Closing Statement

Ultimately, New Hampshire needs a conservative champion and they need one now. Too many families are being crushed by high, out of control taxes and we can't have more of the same. There's a reason that I have made low taxes the pillar of my campaign, because I truly believe that you, the people, are the most responsible spenders out there, not the federal government who too often wastes it on inefficient programs. We need something different, we need change, and I am running to enact that change. So, please if you agree with our vision please go to www.benjaminsmithforcongress.com and please give us your vote on September 12! Thank you!

Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2021, 11:11:39 PM »

Summer Schedule for Kyle Millenberg

May 1-2: Short break from campaigning
May 3-5: Campaigning in Manchester
May 6: Meet with State Senator Marthara Fuller Clark to seek endorsement
May 8-11: Treasurer Duties
May 12-17: Door to door campaigning in rural Belknap
May 18-21: Treasurer Duties
May 22: Sign wave in Portsmouth
May 23-25: Portsmouth canvassing
May 26: Meet again with the gun owners of New Hampshire to emphasize moderate views on guns
May 28-31: Door knocking in Campton
June 1-3: Calls to supporters who’ve donated along with phonebanking with volunteers in Laconia
June 3-6: Treasurer Duties
June 7-11: Barnstorming in Somersworth
June 11-12: Barnstorming in Dover
June 13: Door knocking in Exeter
June 14 Door Knocking in Atkinson
June 15: Sign wave in Plaistow
June 16-19: Door knocking in Hookestt
June 19-26: Treasurer Duties
June 27-30: Door knocking in Rochester
July 1-3: Door Knocking in Durham
July 4 Outdoor Barbecue in Laconia with supporters
July 5-7: Door-Knocking in Laconia
July 8-11: Phonebanking with supporters in Laconia
July 12-15: Treasurer Duties
July 16: Meet with the New Hampshire Union Leader editorial board to seek endorsement
July 17: Fundraiser at supporter’s home in Manchester
July 18: Town Hall in Manchester
Excerpt from Town Hall:
Q: So I wanted to ask you about the redistricting process in congress, as you probably know, here in New Hampshire the state legislature gets to draw the lines, do you think that’s fair and how will you vote on redistricting related matters in congress?
A: Well that’s an interesting question, I think almost anyone across the political spectrum can agree that gerrymandering is an undesirable affront to democracy. We’ve seen how state legislatures can abuse it like what happened in Texas three years ago. We need to pass a law establishing independent commissions in every state to stop this kind of anti-democratic behavior.
July 19-23: Canvassing with volunteers in Manchester
July 24-27: Treasurer Duties
July 28-31: Barnstorming in Seabrook
August 1: Fundraiser in Dover
August 2-3: Door-Knocking in Dover
August 4-7:Treasurer Duties
August 8: Meet again with Marthara Fuller Clark to seek endorsement
August 9: Phone conference with Howard Dean and Joe Trippi to discuss strategy in closing days of primary campaign
August 10-13: Door Knocking in Portsmouth
August 14: Meet with the Editorial Board of the Portsmouth Herald, seek endorsement
August 15-20: Door Knocking in Hampton and North Hampton
August 18-21: Treasurer Duties
August 22: Greet Dick Gephardt to New Hampshire to campaign together for the week
August 23: Stump speech with Gephardt in Manchester
August 23-27: Door knocking with Gephardt in Manchester
August 28: Open door fundraiser with Gephardt in Dover
August 29-30: Door knocking with Gephardt in Dover
August 31: Rally with Gephardt in Laconia
Excerpt from event
Millenberg: I just want to thank you all for coming out tonight. You know, since this campaign’s started, I can’t tell you how many doors I’ve knocked on, how many phone calls I’ve made, how many people’s stories I’ve heard. Because this campaign is about the people of this district. I’m listening to your concerns, not paying someone else to tell you about me. I’m running because I want to address local issues and that’s the only way we’re gonna win this November. Dick Gephardt knows this and that’s why he’s shown up to New Hampshire for me. Folks, the days of George Bush’s divisiveness will soon be over, let’s end them together!
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2021, 12:25:27 AM »

Lauren Winters Debate Answers

Opening Statement

Hello, I’m Lauren Winters. I would like to thank WENH and the New Hampshire Gazette for hosting us tonight. Our nation stands at a crossroads today. Do we want to continue standing by while millions cannot afford healthcare, our men in uniform continue to die in Iraq, our environment is recklessly exploited, and our crumbling infrastructure leaves us vulnerable to natural disasters? Or do we want to get to work and start addressing these problems? In my years as mayor of Durham, I worked with and listened to my friends and neighbors to strengthen our community, and I will do the same for the people of southeast New Hampshire.

Should President Bush be impeached?

I know that some of my supporters may be disappointed to hear this, but it’s too early for me to commit one way or the other. We certainly must have Congress investigate to determine whether he committed impeachable offenses. The Scooter Libby incident and the President’s false claim that Iraq was developing "weapons of mass destruction" show that we cannot take the current administration at their word. The lack of oversight in the federal government is another major problem that sorely needs change, and if we take back the House this November, we’ll bring that accountability back to the American people.

How would you bring more jobs to New Hampshire?

For starters, we should consider the impact of some of our recent trade deals such as CAFTA-DR on our local economy. The last few decades have been brutal for the manufacturing industry in cities like Manchester and Rochester. We need to renegotiate these trade deals and protect the exports that made our state what it is today. In addition to protecting existing jobs, we have a great opportunity to pass an infrastructure plan to revitalize our rural areas and invest in our budding tech industry to bring more jobs to our cities.

You’ve made a few statements indicating potential support for a Canadian-style single payer system. Care to elaborate?

Thank you for asking. I do support a single payer healthcare plan. Contrary to common belief, this would not eliminate private insurance. In Canada and many other first-world countries, private insurers still have a place in providing supplemental coverage for benefits such as dental care and prescription drugs not covered by the public healthcare system. We are well past the time for half measures. Thanks to their undue influence in Washington, the big insurance and pharma companies are still free to deny care to individuals with pre-existing conditions and charge exorbitant prices for life-saving drugs that are affordable north of the border. Healthcare is a right, not a privilege. In earlier generations, not every American had the right to vote. There were no restrictions on child labor and no minimum wages. Some of our older viewers remember a time before Medicare and Medicaid were options. What I’m proposing isn’t spooky, scary socialized medicine; it’s the logical next step to making America a place where anyone can have the opportunity to succeed.

Closing Statement

I’d like to offer my thanks again to WENH and the New Hampshire Gazette for making this debate possible. But most of all I want to thank all of you viewers for tuning in this evening. I stand here today not as a hero, but as a neighbor and friend. I’ve spent the last year travelling across our state and listening to people from all walks of life. Whether you live in a town or on a farm, whether you’re young or old, whether you’re a Democrat, a Republican, or an Independent, I want your voice to matter. If there’s one thing I want you to take away from tonight, go out and vote. While I hope that you’ll support me, your participation in the civic process strengthens our country by telling it what you think is best. Thank you!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2021, 02:14:28 PM »
« Edited: March 09, 2021, 08:57:15 PM by KaiserDave »

Turn V/Final Stretch: September 1st 2006-September 12th

[1]

Tom Griffith: Hello, good morning, and welcome back to WMUR New Hampshire broadcasting from Manchester. It's a mild September morning, we've got some decent winds, so put on a sweater before going out. In the sports world, the Red Sox edge out Toronto by a single run, and the entirety of New England eagerly awaits the inaugural Patriots game on September 10th, and the continued great deeds of Tom Brady. But Granite Staters are really paying attention to the Congressional primaries that have really heated up lately. Ads are hitting the air, candidates are traveling across the state, and people are really starting to tune in. We're expecting newspaper endorsements this week, and then primary day is on the 12th.

Jennifer Vaughn: You can say that again, the competitiveness and spirit of the primary in the first district really feels comparable to the presidential primary two and a half years ago. Folks are really intrigued, and it's reflected in the yard signs across the state. On my way to work today I walked by three yard signs for David O'Connor, a homemade Jabez Parsons sign, at least four for Benjamin Smith, one for Bill Fiske, two for Jennifer Annika, you know the list just goes on. Granite staters are seeing TV ads all the time, and in the papers and radio as well.

Tom Griffith: These ads, starting to go on the offensive too. Including across party lines, Lauren Winters attacked Benjamin Smith for his more conservative views on the issues. We've also gotten more endorsements as of late, though with New Hampshire Right to Life declining, Americans for Prosperity backing Smith, and the NRA backing Medford. Maybe putting Jabez Parsons on edge as primary day approaches, he better hope for some good writings from New Hampshire's papers. On the Democratic side, Wisconsin Senator Russ Feingold endorsed Lauren Winters, and Ohio Congressman Dennis Kucinish endorsing Kyle Millenberg. The League of Conservation Voters backed Bill Fiske, and the Sierra Club backed Lauren Winters. And of course as we covered last week, the really big one, U.S. Senator and former First Lady coming to bat for Jennifer Annika. She'll be back this week apparently to hold two rallies for her. Really really getting close.

Jennifer Vaughn: Speaking of, we've got a new poll that reflects that from NH-PBS partnering with Braun Research. Here they are.

Republican Primary Poll
Sample Size: 551
MoE: +/- 4.0%
Undecided/Unfamiliar/Other-5%  
Benjamin Smith-27%
Jabez Parsons-26%
Tyler Medford-24%
Francis McGuinty-20%

Democratic Primary Poll
Sample Size: 549
MoE: +/- 4.1%
Undecided/Unfamiliar/Other-6%
Bill Fiske-20%
David O’Connor-19%
Kyle Millenberg-19%
Lauren Winters-19%
Jennifer Annika-17%

Tom Griffith: This is really going down to the wire. Remember folks there's that big margin of error, as well as fact that we've got a lot of folks still undecided. It's really anybody's game.

Jennifer Vaughn: Well we've got about two weeks left. We'll be bringing you results as they come in on the night of.

Tom Griffith: We're going to break, when we come back, interviews with the voters on what they're thinking!

Welcome to the Fifth and final primary turn of East of the Merrimack. This turn starts on September First and ends on September 12th. Turns are due next Tuesday. For this time you are free to post schedules for that period. I will post the interviews with voters I mentioned above for flavor, and I will post the newspaper endorsements. Primary night results next week, very exciting! It's very close!

[1] Wikimedia Commons, media logo used under Fair Use

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2021, 09:03:24 PM »
« Edited: March 09, 2021, 09:57:52 PM by KaiserDave »

Endorsements List

Republicans
Francis McGuinty:
The New Hampshire Liberty Alliance
Citizens Against Government Waste
Republican Liberty Caucus of New Hampshire
Gun Owners of New Hampshire
U.S. Representative from TX-14 Ron Paul
FreedomWorks
Free State Project
Jabez Parsons:
U.S. Senator from Virginia John Warner
U.S. Senator from Indiana Richard Lugar
Manchester Mayor Frank Guinta
Bill Zeliff, Former U.S. Representative from NH-1
Charles Massahos*, Sheriff of Rockingham County
Scott Priestley*, Treasurer of Rockingham County
New Hampshire Lodging and Restaurant Association (Republican Endorsement)
Former U.S. Solicitor General Charles Fried
Former State House Speaker Gene G. Chandler
State House Speaker W. Douglas Scamman
Carl R. Johnson, President Pro Tempore of the State Senate
Tyler Medford:
The Log Cabin Republicans of New Hampshire
U.S. Senator from Vermont Jim Jeffords
New Hampshire Young Republicans
Ted Gatsas, State Senator
U.S. Senator from Maine Olympia Snowe
Ret. Colonel Scott Brown
UNH College Republicans
NH Firearms Coalition
New Hampshire NRA
Benjamin Smith:
Americans for Tax Reform
Former Secretary of Commerce Peter G. Peterson
The Heritage Foundation
Tom DeLay, U.S. Representative for TX-22
Newt Gingrich, Former Speaker of the House
Executive Councillor Raymond Wieczorek
Former U.S. Senator Bob Smith
U.S. Senator from Mississippi Trent Lott
Americans for Prosperity
Cornerstone Policy Research
New Hampshire Energy Forum (of the American Petroleum Institute)

Democrats
David O'Connor:
IBEW Local 104
U.S. Senator from Massachusetts John Kerry
Attorney and 2004 Kerry New Hampshire Campaign Chair Bill Shaheen
Norman D'Amours, Former U.S. Representative from NH-1
UA Local 131 Plumbers & Steamfitters
U.S. Senator from Connecticut Chris Dodd
U.S. Representative from Massachusetts's 8th District Stephen Lynch
State Senator Lou D'Allesandro
SEIU Local 1984
State Employees Association of New Hampshire
Robert A. Baines, Former Mayor of Manchester
U.S. Senator from Massachusetts Ted Kennedy
Jennifer Annika:
Emily's List
New Hampshire Nurses's Association
State Senator Brian Wilson
New Hampshire Public Interest Research Group
Planned Parenthood Action Fund
NH Democratic Women's Caucus
American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network
U.S. Senator from New York Hillary Clinton
Bill Fiske:
National Education Association-New Hampshire
Mayor of Portsmouth Steve Marchand
Business and Industry Association
New Hampshire Lodging and Restaurant Association (Democratic Endorsement)
Human Rights Campaign
Former Senator Warren Rudman
League of Conservation Voters
Kyle Millenberg:
Belknap County Democratic Party (Each Local Committee voted to endorse, County Committee does not endorse)
Dean 2004 Campaign Manager Joe Trippi
United Steelworkers Laconia
State Senator David Gottesman
Former Vermont Governor Howard Dean (Privately)
Former Minority Leader Dick Gephardt
IBEW Local 1837
Representative from Ohio-10 Dennis Kucinich
United Association 131 PPF Local
National Rural Letter Carriers Association
Laborer's Local 668
State Senator Martha Fuller Clark
Lauren Winters:
U.S. Representative from Vermont Bernie Sanders
Professional Firefighters of New Hampshire
Iris Estabrook, State Senator
State Senator Maggie Hassan
Granite State Progress
New Hampshire Citizens Alliance
U.S. Senator from Wisconsin Russ Feingold
Sierra Club
Teamsters 633 TCWH Local
IBEW 2320

If there is anything you believe to be missing, or things I should include that you should have to start, just tell me.

*Can't find the names for the people who held these offices in 2006, so using the modern names for convenience's sake and as a placeholder

President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2021, 09:46:03 PM »
« Edited: March 09, 2021, 10:02:07 PM by President Biden Democrat »

Tyler Medford - Fighting For New Hampshire!
September 1st-12th, 2006

September 1st, 2006: Final Town Hall in Manchester, NH

September 2nd, 2006: Goes Again On Local Television
Question: Why Should The Voters Vote For You Over The Other Candidates?
"The voters should vote for me because I am the right candidate for the job. I have worked hard to represent the people and I will continue to do so in Congress when elected. I am the best candidate and have proven this through my record. I will work for the people in Congress and not for the special interests."

September 3rd, 2006: Meets with the editorial boards of the NH Newspaper including "New Hampshire Union Leader" and "The Telegraph"

September 4th, 2006: Attends Labor Day Street Fair in Manchester, Advocates For American Labor
"American Labor is the bedrock of our society. Our people work so hard to make a living and to earn money. The American people are some of the best in the world and are special people. On this day, we celebrate American Labor and all of those people that work hard for the good of our society."

September 5th, 2006: Meets once again with Senator John Sununu, Meeting Goes Extremely Well

September 6th, 2006: Meets with Republican voters in Manchester and nearby towns, discusses key issues and stances

September 7th, 2006: Meets with NH Firearms Coalition, about guns rights and other issues
"Gun rights are very important. As a proud gun owner who believes in the 2nd amendment, I am against gun reform that are harmful. We do need to find solutions to combat School Shootings and other issues. I stand with New Hampshire's gun owners and the NH Firearms Coalition, as well as other pro-gun groups."

September 8th, 2006: Meets with Independent and Moderate voters in Manchester, discuss issues that are important to them individually

September 9th, 2006: Fundraiser in Nashua, raises 100k, new record

September 10th, 2006: Meets once again with youth and new voters in Manchester and other nearby towns (including UNH College Republicans), urges them to stay active and to vote
"I met today with our nations future leaders and urge them to vote. They are our next generation and will influence our country for decades in the future. I urge all people, especially our nation's youth to stay active in politics and in civics. This is very important and everyone should remain active during this important time in our nation's history."

September 11th, 2006: 9/11 Memorial in Manchester, NH, on the 5 year anniversary of the event
"9/11 was only 5 years ago to this day. It was one of the worst events in our nation's history that will be remembered forever. We need to memorialize those who were murdered and our first responders who risked their lives to save others. As a society, we need to continue to what we have been doing and remember that day. Never Forget."

September 12th, 2006: Goes Once Again On Local Television on Primary Day
Question: What message do you have for the voters today?
"I am an independent voice that will advocate and push hard for change. I obviously want everyone to vote for me, and believe that I am the best candidate in this race. However, if you support me and if you don't, still vote for me today. It is very important as it is crucial to our Democracy. Please vote!"

Agenda For Primary Day:
- Meets with Volunteers, Gives Out Pamphlets, Flyers, etc.
- Goes ON Television (Above)
- Meets with voters again
- Watch returns with Family, Friends, & Campaign Staff
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies