East of the Merrimack (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:45:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  East of the Merrimack (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: East of the Merrimack (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 11520 times)
Brother Jonathan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2021, 08:47:13 PM »

1. An Opening Statement
Well, thank you Russel, and thank you to our hosts for having us here this evening to discuss the issues that matter to the people of the Granite State. I am running to represent the people of this district, to represent you. I am not running to be anyone's rubber stamp or a party-line voter. I am running to be your common sense, independent-minded Representative. If you elect me, I promise to fight for fairer and lower taxes, more transparency in government, and I will always fight for the people of this district. My roots in New Hampshire are deep, and I know that Granite Staters are independent-minded, hard-working people. That's what we demand of our Representatives as well, and I promise to fill that role. And I know you'll hold me to it.

2. What is the biggest national security threat to America today?
Terrorism remains perhaps the single greatest threat to this country, simply because it is a threat that does not conform to old methods of crisis management. Terrorists are not countries you can hit back at when they hit you. They are shadowy groups that take root in places where poverty and anger motivate far too many young men to find a cause and a purpose in a radical struggle against our values. We can deal with China, or with Russia, and we can deal with terrorism too, but it takes a certain type of thinking which doesn't conform to our standard foreign policy prescriptions. We are dealing with people who hate our way of life, our freedoms, and we have to be willing to stand up to that. We have made a lot of progress recently in this fight, but we can't now take our eye off the ball now.

3. How serious is the threat of a nuclear Iran?
A nuclear Iran is a very serious threat for several reasons. In the first instance, a nuclear Iran is likely to be even more aggressive than it is at the moment, secure behind its nuclear shield. Not only that, but a nuclear Iran may very well supply terrorist groups or other rogue states like Syria with the capabilities to make their own weapons, and frankly those weapons are going to be pointed at us and our allies. We have to step up our sanctions on Iran and try to get them to the negotiating table, we have to show them that the costs of getting a nuclear weapon are not going to be worth it, and that will take a real commitment on our part, but it is one we have to make in order to secure a safer future.

4. Generally speaking, is government the problem or the solution?
Well, generally speaking, the government is the problem. Ask any small businessman what the biggest problems they face today and almost always it comes back to some government policy or other. We have an overcomplicated and inefficient tax code, we have a bloated bureaucracy that over-regulates us with red tape, we have too many loopholes and exemptions that let the small sliver of people with the most wiggle their way out of taxes, shifting the burden down. These are big problems, but they have common-sense solutions. You start by simplifying the tax code, you cut rates while closing loopholes, you reduce regulations on business, and give job creators room to breathe. I think we have seen, both in this country and around the world, that this is how you get things on the right track.

5. Do you believe the American economy is sound?
Well, yes, I do think it is strong, but we do face some long-term challenges. But at the end of the day, the engines of American growth remain strong. Our small businesses and entrepreneurs remain just as innovative as ever, helping to build the economy of the future right here in New Hampshire. I was talking with some web developers in Manchester just the other day, updating my campaign website, and I mean it really is remarkable how far we have come since I was using slide rulers in high school. It won't be all sunshine and rainbows forever, but I have no doubt that the spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship the built this country are just as alive and well as they were in 1776, and I have no doubt our best days are ahead of us. It is our job, as a government, to help and not hinder this economic progress by streamlining regulations and reforming our tax code for the 21st century.

In a recent interview, you came out against the PATRIOT Act, supported by most Republicans. Care to elaborate on your position?
Certainly. I support efforts to combat terrorism, I think some provisions of the PATRIOT Act were good, but at the end of the day, I would have had to join the Republicans and Democrats who opposed the act on the grounds, which I think are right, that the Act went too far, and endangered our civil liberties. We cannot forget our values in this fight against terrorism, that is why we are in it, and while I think the PATRIOT Act had a lot of decent provisions, I simply think it went too far and I would have opposed it. With some changes, I think it would make a fine law, but I would not have supported it.

Closing Statement
Well, thank you again to our hosts here in Manchester and to all of you watching at home for joining us. I am proud that ours is a state with such a high voter turnout, I think it is a reflection of the fact that in New Hampshire we demand more of our elected officials than simply party lines and platitudes. We demand real leaders, real independent thinkers who stand up for their values and for the values of Granite Staters. I can promise you that as your Congressman, I will always put our New Hampshire values first, and I will always strive to live by those immortal words of John Stark "Live free or die, death is not the worst of evils". Thank you.
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #126 on: April 12, 2021, 03:58:01 AM »
« Edited: April 12, 2021, 01:21:04 PM by Frémont Nationalist Kuumo »

Lauren Winters Debate Answers

Opening Statement

Thank you to PBS, the Union Leader, and WMUR for making this debate possible. I’m not running for Congress today as another promise big, do nothing, career politician. I’m running as a no-nonsense community member who will fight to bring openness and accountability back to Washington. I’ve worked hard to build a stronger community as mayor of Durham by improving infrastructure, protecting the environment, and guaranteeing strong schools. And I hope to continue my mission on a wider scale as a member of Congress.

What is the biggest national security threat to America today?

The greatest threat to America right now is Islamic terrorism. We must remain vigilant overseas and at home to combat this threat, while making sure not to violate human rights. We need to tackle this issue at its root; this battle will never end if we just try to kill all the terrorists. We should consider the reasons this became a problem in the first place. When our influence reaches every corner of the globe, for better and for worse, it’s inevitable that the people of other countries will be colored by what they see of us. When they see a foreign nation invading their country and bombing their homes, it makes it easier for them to be swayed by hateful leaders who seek to murder us. We must be tough but humble; we must stand for our own interests without encroaching on the rights of others.

How serious is the threat of a nuclear Iran?

A nuclear-armed Iran would be a catastrophe for any possibility of peace and stability in the Middle East. We have seen Iran fund terrorist groups in Iraq and threaten the sovereignty of its neighbors. Their current leadership incites sectarian violence and wants Israel ‘wiped off the map.’ A successful Iranian nuclear program would destabilize the region even further. To prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons, we need to get on the same page with our European allies and agree to a multinational sanctions strategy with the other world powers to deter Iran from continuing their nuclear program.

Generally speaking, is government the problem or the solution?

If we truly lived in a fair and equal society, we wouldn’t need much of a government. But I’ve met many honest, hard-working people who barely scrape by paycheck to paycheck, some of them with young children, that deserve better than what our system has to offer. I’ve met people who lost their jobs to outsourcing. I’ve met people with serious health conditions that don’t have healthcare. I’ve met people who were financially ruined when their homes were destroyed by flooding. Cutting red tape for corporations isn’t going to make these people’s lives better. What we need are better safeguards to prevent them from falling through the cracks. We didn’t get out of the Great Depression by slashing the corporate tax rate. We recovered through targeted programs to get everyday Americans back to work and stimulating the economy again. And I don’t hate businesses. I’ve talked to owners of small-town mom-and-pop restaurants and founders of tech startups here in Manchester that want a stronger social safety net and more aggressive anti-trust laws and penalties against outsourcing. Only by using government action when necessary will we achieve the fair and equal society that we strive for.

Do you believe the American economy is sound?

The numbers for the economy look great if you only look at the stock market. And this would be an accurate assessment for the people and companies who put money in the stock exchange. But we also have to consider everyone else. Over the last 20 years, wage growth has not kept up with GDP growth because the top earners are reaping the lion’s share of gains in our current economy. Looking at past periods of growth like this, it’s not sustainable. The last few times we had unchecked speculation, we hit a recession five or ten years down the line. If we don’t act to protect our workers and consumers, I fear the same could happen again.

Why do you support single-payer healthcare?

I support single-payer healthcare because it would cover more people and provide higher quality care than our current system. We have an inconsistent, dysfunctional healthcare system where insurers can deny coverage to people with pre-existing conditions. Where premiums have skyrocketed while wages have stagnated. Where common prescription drugs like insulin cost five times as much as north of the border. The big insurance and pharma companies have run roughshod over consumers for too long. A single-payer system would expand affordable healthcare to millions of currently uninsured Americans and bring accountability to the drug industry.

Rebuttal

I’m curious which portions of the Patriot Act Senator Parsons supports and which he opposes. For a person typically glad to dig into policy, he didn’t point to any specific provisions such as roving wiretaps or sneak-and-peek warrants or National Security Letters that he objected to. Instead, there were just a few mundane statements about supporting efforts to combat terrorism and supporting civil liberties and not much of substance. He is right to oppose the Patriot Act, but I can’t help but question the sincerity of his opinions on the matter.

Closing Statement

Well, thanks again Russel, Wesley, and Ray for hosting us. And also thank you to our viewers for tuning in tonight. Twenty-five years ago, I never would have guessed I would be standing here today. My father had just been laid off as I was starting college at UNH. It felt like it was all over. But we overcame with a lot of hard work and the moral support of family and friends. I am forever thankful to them for making me the person I am now. I hope to repay the people of my community by fighting to help them in hard times as they did for me. Thank you again, and good luck on making your choice.

Note: I accidentally edited this post instead of creating a new post. I have kept the words as they were when I posted the first time.
Brother Jonathan

« Reply #127 on: April 12, 2021, 07:41:03 AM »

Rebuttal

I'm frankly offended that Mrs. Winters would echo the talking points of radicals across the political spectrum in declaring that attacks like those on September 11th were somehow the fault of this nation, the somehow our global presence alone has brought this upon us. Yes, our influence has made us more likely to be hit in a terrorist attack, but that is because our values and the triumph of our values are a direct threat to the bigoted and violent worldview of the Islamic extremists who now threaten us. We could withdraw behind the seas and through up our walls, but still, they would hate us because here we cherish free expression, free worship, and free people. We can blame America first all we want, but I for one am proud that this nation has stood for a fairer, more just world. We have made enemies for it, yes, but I am proud to say we have time and time again stood up for freedom and democracy, using the flame of liberty to illuminate some of the darkest and most hopeless places in the world.
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #128 on: April 12, 2021, 01:04:00 PM »

Rebuttal 2

Let me remind our viewers that I have supported our actions in Afghanistan to combat radical Islamic terrorism. Like the Pearl Harbor attacks before it, we were attacked on our own soil on 9/11 and needed a strong response to put its perpetrators to justice. What I don't support is the constant cycle of forever wars in far-flung corners of the globe. Particularly when the invasion of a foreign country is based on the lie of "weapons of mass destruction"! Sometimes wars are justified. American will rid the world of Nazism in World War II. But when our President sends our men in uniform to fight and give their lives in a years-long battle on the other side of the world based on a false pretense with no clear objective, we need to reconsider our foreign policy. As someone with an uncle who died in the line of duty, we cannot treat our own peoples' lives as if they are expendable. I am frankly offended that Senator Parsons would question my patriotism based on my willingness to protect American lives and belief that we should fight only our own battles.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2021, 09:59:25 PM »
« Edited: April 14, 2021, 12:26:58 PM by KaiserDave »

General Election: Final Turn October 31st-November 7th

[1]

Tom Griffith: Good morning New Hampshire. Welcome to WMUR New Hampshire, broadcasting from Manchester. We've got a bit of wind today, but it's temperate for November I'd say. Halloween is now behind us, and Thanksgiving ahead, but before then we have Election Day, only a week away.

Jennifer Vaughn: And the race remains close, as money begins to flow into New Hampshire.

Tom Griffith: I'm sure people are noticing, I know I have, I'm getting TV ads all the time now, and I'm sure you'll see them too. All kinds of stuff, including some attacks from outside groups.

Jennifer Vaughn: Me too, but I'm really interested to see if it's moving the needle. We've got a poll from Rasmussen, the first one we've had since September.

Rasmussen Research Group: Who do you support for Congress in New Hampshire's First District?
Conducted from September 15th-September 19th
Sample Size: 551
MoE: +/- 4.5%
Jabez Parsons: 48%
Lauren Winters: 43%

Undecided/Other: 9%

Tom Griffith: Jabez Parsons looking strong, ahead by 5 points over Mayor Winters. But I caution our viewers. Watch that 4.5% margin of error, and watch that number, 9% undecided. So there's around, using my improved mathematics, around 14% that could be moved around here, and a lot that could change.

Jennifer Vaughn: Well, it's still a Parsons lead. Republicans I've spoken too are feeling good, some think that even if Democrats are swept into power in the House, Parsons will hold this seat for the Grand Old Party.

Tom Griffith: Some Republicans I've spoken too were very impressed by his debate performance, but I also spoke to several more conservative Republicans frustrated by his opposition to the Patriot Act, worrying he'll annoy pro security voters or dampen turnout among the base. Analysts, including at WMUR, disagree. Well, we have coverage on Senator Barack Obama visiting Manchester to campaign for Mayor Winters, more on that after the break.

Folks, it's been great, but here we are at the end. We've got one week of campaigning left. Throw everything on the field. Ads, schedules, and anything else you deem reasonable! Go out and win! You can utilize any surrogates from your party you deem reasonable (check with me if it's borderline though), and I'll be sending you some additional names you can use (you don't have to), mostly prospective 2008 candidates. Go out and win! Thank you for participating! Content due a week from today.

[1] Wikimedia Commons, media logo used under Fair Use

Kuumo

P P
« Reply #130 on: April 18, 2021, 05:12:44 PM »

Lauren Winters for Congress
November 1st, 2006 - November 7th, 2006

November 1st: Rally in Manchester with Senator Barack Obama, barnstorm Manchester.

Quote from: Lauren Winters, Manchester rally, November 1st, 2006
Over the last few years, we've had to deal with the consequences of an incompetent and out-of-touch President. We've had cuts in funding for struggling public schools. We've seen more of our manufacturing jobs shipped off to sweatshops in China and Mexico. We've seen a disastrous response to one of the deadliest and costliest hurricanes ever. And we've become embroiled in a years-long conflict in Iraq based on a false pretense. I am here with Senator Obama today because we both have hope for a brighter future. At the end of the day, a vote for Senator Parsons is a vote for the status quo. A vote for me will give you a voice for lasting change in Washington. Thank you!

November 2nd: Barnstorm Manchester, Hooksett, Candia, Londonderry, and Derry.
November 3rd: Rally in Portsmouth with Mayor Steve Marchand, barnstorm Portsmouth.
November 4th: Rally in Seabrook with Governor John Lynch, barnstorm Seabrook, Hampton Falls, Hampton, Rye, and Portsmouth.
November 5th: Rally in Exeter, barnstorm Exeter, Epping, Nottingham, Deerfield, Northwood, Strafford, and Laconia, rally in Laconia with Kyle Millenberg.

Quote from: Lauren Winters, Laconia rally, November 5th, 2006
It's time that we stop electing people beholden to corporate donors who constantly change their positions based on what paid consultants tell them. I am have proudly refused the donations of corporate PACs in my campaign and will stay true to my values by fighting for campaign finance reform in Congress. I will also fight to protect the civil liberties we hold dear in the "Live Free or Die" state. I will stand strong against FBI overreach into your phone and electronic records by introducing amendments to the Patriot Act limiting the use of roving wiretaps and unwarranted searches of private communications and financial statements.

November 6th: Rally in Conway with Bill Fiske, barnstorm Conway, Wolfeboro, Freedom, Ossipee, and Rochester, rally in Rochester.

Quote from: Lauren Winters, Rochester rally, November 6th, 2006
This place is my home. Ever since my great-grandparents moved here from Massachusetts 100 years ago, my family has lived and worked in the Rochester and Dover areas. I could easily have been one of the typical ladder-climbing politicians who go off to law school far from home, mingle with the ultra-rich, work various prestigious jobs in Washington to build up their resumes, and return to their former homes to run for office as a ticket to try to join the ranks of powerful elites they always looked up to. Instead, I was eager to return to my family and community where I truly belong. I am running for Congress today as someone who has strived to make her community better as Durham's mayor. Throughout my life, it has pained me to see the closure of the factories and warehouses that brought my ancestors to this state a century ago. It hurts to see how many people here have to get by without healthcare. I've witnessed the effects of crumbling infrastructure and an ever-worsening opioid epidemic. As mayor of Durham, I did my best to make my town a better place but always wished to address these vital issues for my state and country.

November 7th: Barnstorm Rochester, Dover, Rollinsford, and Somersworth, final rally in Dover.

Surrogate Schedules

Bill Fiske
November 1st-3rd: Barnstorm Carroll County.
November 4th: Barnstorm Dover.
November 5th: Barnstorm Portsmouth.
November 6th: Barnstorm Durham, Newmarket, Exeter, Stratham, Rye, Hampton, and Seabrook.
November 7th: Barnstorm Conway, Madison, Eaton, and Freedom.

John Kerry
November 5th: Barnstorm Dover.
November 6th: Barnstorm Manchester.

John Lynch
November 4th: Rally in Seabrook with Lauren Winters.
November 5th-6th: Recorded robocalls go out to numbers of Winters supporters throughout the district.

Steve Marchand
November 1st-7th: Barnstorm Portsmouth, lead GOTV efforts in the Portsmouth area.

Kyle Millenberg
November 1st-3rd: Barnstorm Belknap County.
November 4th: Barnstorm Deerfield, Candia, Raymond, Chester, Derry, Sandown, Hempstead, and Kingston.
November 5th: Rally in Laconia with Lauren Winters.
November 6th-7th: Barnstorm Belknap County.

Barack Obama
November 1st: Rally in Manchester with Lauren Winters.
November 2nd: Barnstorm Manchester.
November 3rd: Barnstorm Rochester and Dover.
November 4th: Barnstorm Portsmouth.

Jeanne Shaheen
November 1st-4th: Barnstorm Strafford County.
November 5th: Barnstorm Portsmouth.
November 6th: Barnstorm Manchester.

Firefighters', industrial, and teachers' unions lead GOTV efforts in Dover, Laconia, Manchester, Portsmouth, and Rochester from November 4th-7th.

Campaign volunteers barnstorm all over the district for the one-week period, particularly in the Conway, Deerfield, Derry, Dover, Durham, Manchester, Laconia, Londonderry, Portsmouth, Rochester, Seabrook, and Wolfeboro areas.

Rented campaign buses transport supporters without cars to the polls in Derry, Dover, Manchester, Portsmouth, and Rochester on Election Day.
Brother Jonathan

« Reply #131 on: April 22, 2021, 03:19:09 PM »

Jabez Parsons for Congress
Schedule, November 1st to 7th

November 1st- Town halls in North Hampton, Hampton Falls, and Seabrook. Rally with former President George H. W. Bush

We cannot afford to let our guard down now. We face today a threat from terrorism that, however much we wish we could simply will it away, must be confronted and fought wherever it rears its ugly head. I will never apologize for this nation, and I will never allow the values of our nation to be compromised by terrorists who hate our freedom and the very fabric of our free society. We can be sure of our moral purpose in this cause, and we must act with even-handed resolve to defend our nation and our shared values.

November 2nd- Town halls in Kensington, East Kingston, South Hampton, Newton, and Brentwood. Rally in Kingston with Rudy Giuliani

As Mayor Giuliani well knows, the will of our enemies to strike us at home has always been strong. We are a beacon to the rest of the world, a shining city on the hill. We must never dim our light, must never back down from a challenge. We must remember the words of President Kennedy, and let the word go forth that we will bear any burden, support any friend, and oppose any foe to ensure the survival and the success of liberty. Our national interest are the interests of free people everywhere, and we must never flag in our sense of moral purpose.

November 3rd- Town halls in Plaistow, Hampstead, Danville, Freemont, and Sandown. Town hall and rally in Chester with Senator John McCain

We need more leaders like Senator McCain in Congress, more Representatives who are willing to stand up for their values and the values of those they represent no matter what party they come from. I will not be a party-line vote. I share, as Senator McCain does, the values and convictions of the Republican party in most respects, but I will never surrender my judgment or our values for any reason.

November 4th- Town halls in Candia, Auburn, and Hooksett. Rally in Derry with Mitt Romney.

America is a nation of entrepreneurs, strivers, and hard workers, and it must be the role of the government to support the creation of jobs and the development of new technology by trimming regulations and getting out of the way of our cutting edge businesses. We cannot tax and regulate our businesses into oblivion.

November 5th- Town halls in Goffstown and Bedford, rally in Merrimack with state Republican leaders

As your representative in Congress, I will be a tireless fighter for our New Hampshire values, a fighter for the interests of New Hampshire, and a Congressman for all the people of this great district. I will never shy away in the face of adversity, I will always stand up for the 1st District, and I will be your independent voice in Congress.

November 6th- Rally in Londonderry with Senator John McCain and frm. Rep Bill Zeliff

Daniel Webster was quoted as saying something along these lines; 'Everywhere you go, men hang signs to show you the products of their labor. A cobbler hangs a sign with a show, a cooper a barrel, a tanner place hides in front of his shop. In New Hampshire, it seems, God has hung out a sign to say that he makes men." This state has a character like no other, a fierce independence that it demands of all of its leaders, a love of liberty as can be found nowhere else in the same quantity or quality. If I have learned anything in my time serving the great people of the Granite state it is this; we don't simply elect representatives, we elect leaders. We don't simply demand commitment, we require a sense of duty. Ladies and gentlemen I ask for your vote so that I can represent this great district in Congress with that same sense of spirit and determination that this state has instilled in generations of Parsons.

November 7th- "Fighting for You" final rally in Manchester with Mayor Guinta, frm. Rep Zeliff, Gene Chandler, and family

Over the course of this campaign, I have visited every town in New Hampshire's lovely first district not once but twice. From the great northern wilderness of Bartlett and Jackson, to the lovely lakes region, our beautiful seacoast, and neighborhoods throughout Rockingham and Hillsborough county. I have spoken to thousands of voters, answered just as many questions, and I promise to you today that I will bring this same commitment to Washington DC. I am running to represent you, and I will never forget where my roots are—right here in this New Hampshire soil that my family has farmed for generations.

Since the start of this campaign, I have held over 200 town halls across the district, and everywhere I went this spirit pervaded. I am running because I believe I best embody that spirit, that independent streak, that firey determination to live free or die, for death is not the worst of evils. As your Congressman, I will fight tirelessly for the reforms we need to create a more competitive tax system, a strong and growing economy, and work hard to keep our country safe from those who threaten us. In years of public service, I have worked tirelessly to promote the interests of New Hampshire however I could, and as your Congressman, I will redouble those efforts, and remind Washington that New Hampshire is not to be trifled with, that our state, our granite state, demands more.

I ask for your vote so that I can continue to represent the values of our district, to be your voice in a Washington so often drowning in idle chatter. Let's cut through the gridlock and get things done for New Hampshire. Thank you!

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2021, 10:39:25 AM »

Election Night

[1]

Tom Griffith: Hello, good evening, and welcome back to WMUR's Election Night Coverage. It is decision day 2006, and voters across the country and lining up to let their voices be heard on the state of the country. On the overseas wars, on the economy, on energy, on schools, and on local issues. In New Hampshire this is also true, where voters will have a chance to vote for the state legislature, the Governorship, and two congressional seats that have received a lot of attention.

Jennifer Vaughn: Attention indeed Tom, with national figures like Barack Obama and Former President Bush coming into New Hampshire to campaign for their respective parties. Ads are all over the television as millions of dollars pour into the state to support sophisticated campaign infrastructure. The results here in battleground New Hampshire may very well foretell the nation's. Will Nancy Pelosi take the Speakers gavel? Will Harry Reid take back power in the Senate? Will George W. Bush be dealt a decisive blow, or a new mandate? We'll find out very soon.

(Cuts to clips of Jabez Parsons and Lauren Winters campaigning, as well as clips of John Lynch, John McCain, Barack Obama, Rudy Giuliani, and Bernie Sanders)

Tom Griffith: Talk about national attention. Republican presidential frontrunner for 2008 Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani even came out here, along with new liberal icon Barack Obama of Illinois.

Jennifer Vaughn: Indeed, with national news crews following them!

Tom Griffith: Well we're approaching poll closing, and the beginning of results. Stick with us folks

Welcome folks. This is the end of the game. There is no more campaigning to be done, no more ads to be run. The voters have gone to the polls, and the votes are waiting to be counted. This game was a great time, and I'm happy we did it. I enjoyed reading your writing and I hope you enjoyed writing it! It was fantastic. Thank you for playing! Now, onwards with the results!

[1] Wikimedia Commons, media logo used under Fair Use
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #133 on: May 03, 2021, 10:02:13 PM »

Results

I have unfortunately been very busy as of late, and I do not possess the will or effort to do the usual festivities, for which I apologize. I do feel bad, given the effort you all showed, but I feel as if the true heart of the game was the primary night and all of it's glory. But again, I do apologize. So, without further ado, here are the results.

Lauren Winters: 50.6%-207,188
Jabez Parsons: 49.3%-201,865
Other: .1%-410

The results are razor thin, but riding on a strong Democratic nationwide performance, far stronger than expected in the House and Senate, Durham Mayor Lauren Winters defeated Rockingham County State Senator Jabez Parsons. The election wasn't called until the early hours of the next morning, but Winters won by a few thousand votes, with the key difference coming from Strafford County, where Winters dominated, especially on the Maine border. Parsons drew strong support from the entire district, winning all but one county. Unfortunately, his weaker than expected numbers on on the seacoast did him in as voters revolted against the perceived corruption of the Bush Administration.

If I may, the ultimate matchup heavily reflected the real life matchup. A moderate New England Republican, personifying the "Yankee Republican spirit" against a progressive woman calling for universal healthcare and railing against the wars. The result reflected this, although Parson's (and to be frank, Brother Jonathan's knowledge and precise campaigning) made it far closer, and my calculations nearly yielded a win for him.

I greatly enjoyed this game, and I hope you did as well! Thank you to all players, and our general election players in particular. To the future games my friends!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies