2022: Midterm Madness (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:57:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2022: Midterm Madness (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 2022: Midterm Madness (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 3003 times)
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2021, 12:09:41 PM »

August Campaign Schedule:

August 1-5th:

Townhalls in Elkin and Statesville
Rally in Hickory on infrastructure spending, the impact of national funding of fiber optic cable laying on city’s economy

“Hickory is the world leader in fiber optic cable production. Congress has the opportunity to invest in the economy of this region by passing an infrastructure bill that includes investing in rural broadband by laying fiber in underserviced communities. However, Republicans are more interested in obstructing anything the President supports, whether or not it is good for the people. But North Carolinians deserve more than partisan gridlock, we should have a Congress that invests in the economy and infrastructure of North Carolina, rather than their own political careers. As your Senator, I will support an infrastructure deal that includes investing in rural broadband, using fiber optic cables produced right here in the United States, right here in Hickory, North Carolina.”

Visit campaign office in Hickory
Townhalls in Morgantown and Marion
Rally in Asheville
Visit breweries and restaurants in Asheville, speak with owners and patrons
Fundraiser with Heath Schuler in Asheville
Visit campaign office in Hendersonville
Townhalls in Rutherfordton, Shelby, and Gastonia on investing in education, including vocational schools and tuition-free community college
Rally in Charlotte
Fundraiser in Charlotte

6-10th:
Townhalls in Matthews, Monroe, and Rockingham
Rally in Laurinburg
Rally in Lumberton with Charles Graham
Townhalls in Elizabethtown and Whiteville
Tour paper mill in Riegelwood, speaking with workers
Rally in Leland
Rally in Wilmington with Zita Almeida
Visit campaign office in Wilmington
Speak at East Carolina University
Meet with faculty at East Carolina University

11-15th:

Fundraiser in Wilmington with Zita Almeida and Mayor Bill Saffo
Townhalls in Hampstead, Surf City, and Sneads Ferry on the impact of climate change on tourism in the region
Rally in Jacksonville
Townhalls in Beulaville, Clinton, and Roseboro
Rally in Fayetteville
Visit small businesses in Fayetteville, speaking with owners and patrons
Attend church in Fayetteville
Attend Woman’s Club of Fayetteville meeting, speak about paid family leave

“Our lack of paid leave is exacerbating the income gap between men and women, especially for women of color. I know this isn’t news to any of you here, but this issue is personal to me. Like many of you, I put off having my children until later in my career. How am I supposed to raise my daughters from the International Space Station? But it’s not just me, and it’s not just women in this room. Millions of families in this country are putting off having children or deciding not to entirely because they can’t afford the time off of work, the childcare involved, or the rising costs of raising a child on stagnant wages. Congress keeps talking about how important families are, but haven’t acted on behalf of American families. If I’m elected to the United States Senate, I will push for paid leave for American families and caregivers, so no one has to put their life on hold to raise a child or care for a sick parent or loved one. This shouldn’t be a partisan issue, but a patriotic one, we need to invest in the American family.”

16-20th:

Townhalls in Dunn and Newton Grove
Tour Seymour Johnson Air Force Base
Visit campaign office in Goldsboro
Townhalls in Snow Hill and Farmville
Rally in Greenville

“About one-fourth of the population of Greenville lives below the poverty line, yet Congress refuses to raise the minimum wage while cutting taxes for the wealthiest. I say enough. The people who need the support from our government aren’t Wall Street investors, pharmaceutical executives, or wealthy donors, they’re the people of Greenville who are barely making ends meet. Congress doesn’t have to sit back while North Carolinians struggle, they can raise the minimum wage, pass a public option and protect private insurance to make sure every American family has options for affordable healthcare, and end the tax cuts on the mega wealthy that expand the national debt with no return for North Carolinians. As your Senator, I’ll fight to give you a raise, to invest in communities just like Greenville, and work to ensure every single North Carolinian has access to affordable higher education or vocational training. One’s zip code shouldn’t dictate their ability to realize the American Dream!”

Visit campaign office in Greenville
Townhalls in Robersonville and Tarboro
Rally in Rocky Mount with Representative Butterfield
Visit small businesses in Rocky Mount
Speak at North Carolina Wesleyan College

21-25th:

Rally in Wilson
Visit campaign office in Wilson
Townhalls in Bailey, Zebulon, and Knightdale
Fundraiser in Raleigh with Deborah Ross

“I’ve been to every single congressional district over the course of this campaign. Democrats can’t afford to take a single voter in this state for granted, whether or not their district is competitive. The truth is, whether a voter is in Raleigh or Asheville, in Wilson or Hickory, they deserve their voices heard. What I keep hearing around our state is the people want leadership. They look at our current Senate delegation and see a Senator willing to dump stocks ahead of a pandemic, putting his interests before the people of North Carolna, they see a Senator who is a loyal footsoldier to Mitch McConnell, and they see Senators who take the interests of drug companies over the people. I’m running a race without the help of corporate PAC money, one that is focused on the people not just wealthy donors. But we can’t just win the Senate race, we need to re-elect Deborah Ross to the House, I know she will be a fellow leader in representing the interests of North Carolina over party bosses and interest groups.”

Rally in Raleigh with Deborah Ross
Visit local restaurants in Raleigh
Rally in Durham
Visit campaign office in Durham
Rally in Chapel Hill
Tour UNC Healthcare facilities in Chapel Hill, speaking with union workers

26-31st:

Townhalls in Carpenter and Clegg
Rally in Cary
Rally in Apex
Townhalls in Garner, Clayton, and Smithfield
Rally in Wilson with Representative Butterfield

“Representative Butterfield has been a leader on protecting voting rights and in investing in underserviced communities. Thanks his leadership on HR1, North Carolinians have a fair congressional map that accurately matches the the competitiveness of the state. We can’t get complacent just because we passed HR1 however. We still need to remain vigilant in attempts to supress the right to vote. We must renew the Voting Rights Act, ensuring states with a history of voter suppression are under scrutiny for laws that seek to use legal loopholes to allow politicians to pick their voters. If elected to the United States Senate, I’ll join Representative Butterfield as a fighter for voting rights and against any and all attempts to suppress our sacred right to vote.”

Visit campaign office in Rocky Mount
Townhalls in Nashville, Spring Hope, and Rolesville
Rally in Raleigh
Townhalls in Lilington and Dunn
Rally in Fayetteville
Townhalls in Southern Pines and Asheboro
Rally in Greensboro
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2021, 02:54:21 PM »

Schedule for Scott Walker-Part Two

August 12-17

Series of Town Halls with voters in Dane County.

August 18

Speech/Rally, Art Keller Field, Carthage College, Kenosha, Wisconsin

As Governor, I was proud to sign a bill dramatically restricting the rights of public sector employees to collectively bargain. I'll introduce a similar bill aiming at every worker on the federal if I'm elected Senator.

Meet with Editorial Board for the Kenosha News

August 19-23

Meet with the editorial boards for the Green Bay Press-Gazette, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and the Wisconsin State Journal.

August 24-30

Meet with Rick Scott, Mitch McConnell, Reince Preibus and Karl Rove for postmortem of July and August, Washington D.C

August 31

Attend Milwaukee Brewers game, vs Miami Marlins, Miller Park, Milwaukee (With Paul Ryan)
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2021, 03:57:24 PM »

Statewide Ad "Get to Work"

"Congress needs to get to work. North Carolinians are facing crumbling bridges, stagnant wages, and a lack of investment in their families."

"In fact, even a crucial bipartisan piece of legislation, the Violence Against Women Act has been expired for three whole years. While Congress argues, women remain unprotected."

"North Carolinians deserve representation in Washington that deliver results, not the current partisan yes men we have in Congress."

"Joan Higginbotham is an independent thinker who will fight for the interests of North Carolinians and help get Congress back to work delivering for the American people. She won't allow party bosses or dark money groups influence her vote, and will take a stand on behalf of the people of North Carolina."

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies