1917 Russia Game Interest Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:08:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  1917 Russia Game Interest Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 1917 Russia Game Interest Thread  (Read 2913 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2021, 02:43:54 PM »
« edited: April 26, 2021, 02:46:55 PM by KaiserDave »

I am tentatively down. Preemptively calling dibs on Roman von Ungern-Sternberg if he is a playable character.
Was going to message to see if you were interested! Great news.

When in 1917 do you plan on basing the game start? The cast is quite different if you start in January versus starting in June.

My first instinct was between the two, specifically immediately after the abdication of Nicholas II. However, I am very interested in the possible case for the game to start before that (perhaps right after the death of Rasputin).
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2021, 10:37:45 PM »

There is also the question of whether it should start before/after Michael Alexandrovich declined the throne.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2021, 10:57:51 PM »

There is also the question of whether it should start before/after Michael Alexandrovich declined the throne.

Any time between the January and October Revolutions would be reasonable.

Since World War One would be ongoing, and Russia would still be an active combatant, would the leaders of Britain/France/Germany/Austria-Hungary be available as possible characters?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2021, 11:04:44 PM »

Any time between the January and October Revolutions would be reasonable.

Since World War One would be ongoing, and Russia would still be an active combatant, would the leaders of Britain/France/Germany/Austria-Hungary be available as possible characters?

They would not be available, I want to focus on Russia
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2021, 10:40:29 AM »

I suggest we start right after the February Revolution
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2021, 10:41:18 AM »

I suggest we start right after the February Revolution

I concur
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2021, 12:13:44 PM »

Very excited to see this start! I'm curious as far as characters are concerned, how closely are we going to be bound by their real life decisions? Is it going to be follow the broad strokes generally, or will characters like Kerensky and Milyukov be more stringently bound to their more disastrous ideas?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2021, 12:39:18 PM »

Very excited to see this start! I'm curious as far as characters are concerned, how closely are we going to be bound by their real life decisions? Is it going to be follow the broad strokes generally, or will characters like Kerensky and Milyukov be more stringently bound to their more disastrous ideas?

You will be free to make decisions as your character that they may or could have taken, reasonably. There's no point in merely replaying history, but obviously there are some things some characters can't reasonably do.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2021, 01:33:47 PM »

You will be free to make decisions as your character that they may or could have taken, reasonably. There's no point in merely replaying history, but obviously there are some things some characters can't reasonably do.

How dare you deny us Black Hundreds leader Trotsky facing off with the Bolshevik general Kornilov.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2021, 02:19:19 PM »

How dare you deny us Black Hundreds leader Trotsky facing off with the Bolshevik general Kornilov.
Tongue

Are you too on board with starting immediately after abdication?
RGM2609
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2021, 02:21:27 PM »

Have you reached a conclusion on the Michael Alexandrovich question?
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2021, 02:27:31 PM »

Tongue

The only person who should have input is you; the role of GM is too much time and work to let anyone else make that decision.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2021, 02:30:15 PM »

Tongue

The only person who should have input is you; the role of GM is too much time and work to let anyone else make that decision.

Fair enough, I’m fine with ruling as an autocrat! Cheesy

I just have to decide the Michael Alexandrovich question and then post the sign up
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2021, 12:12:34 PM »

It's here!

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=441159.0
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »