Describe the religious/philosophical beliefs of the previous hypothetical person (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:04:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Describe the religious/philosophical beliefs of the previous hypothetical person (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Describe the religious/philosophical beliefs of the previous hypothetical person  (Read 3642 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« on: January 04, 2021, 11:04:57 PM »
« edited: January 04, 2021, 11:09:24 PM by Marxpilled Red Tory »

The Salem thing might be what got discovolante thinking pagan. It's not the sort of place one is born and raised in, then stays in as an adult, unless one is at least somewhat-more-than-ordinarily into the ~witchy vibes~.

Asenath Waite's strikes me as a Reform Jew, especially since in Reform it wouldn't matter which side of her family was Jewish.

Ethnicity: White (mostly German and Scottish)
Sexual orientation: Bisexual
Relationship status: Single
Hometown: Annapolis, Maryland
Current location: Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Education: BA in English
Current occupation: Typical jobbing millennial, currently works retail
Political views: Left-liberal but with a slight neocon streak
Interests: Anime, fashion, action movies, genre fiction, going to museums, going to the beach
Other: Is from a Navy family, hence the neocon streak.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 10:23:32 AM »
« Edited: January 05, 2021, 06:32:59 PM by Marxpilled Red Tory »

The Salem thing might be what got discovolante thinking pagan. It's not the sort of place one is born and raised in, then stays in as an adult, unless one is at least somewhat-more-than-ordinarily into the ~witchy vibes~.

Well, I had completely forgot about what makes Salem famous. Lol
I think originally I just picked it as some "old famous Massachusetts town not too distant from Boston" or something like that.

Gloucester or Newburyport would have worked well for that, although in those cases you have "Shadow over Innsmouth" vibes...

Your sounds pretty much agnostic or generic deist to me.

It's an aged-up version of my high school girlfriend and, yeah, generic deist comes close, although she is/was culturally Lutheran.

Your guy seems Latino Evangelical/Pentecostal rather than Latino Catholic, but probably not super engaged with any church community either way.

Ethnicity: White (English and German)
Hometown: Birmingham
Current location: Oxford
Education: MA (Oxon.)
Relationship status: Married with four grown-up children
Political views: Staunchly conservative views but not aggressively political and has little party loyalty. Mostly thinks and talks about things other than current affairs.
Interests: Linguistics, genealogy, botany, painting/drawing, writing, cycling
Other: Born in South Africa to British parents but returned to England in early childhood.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 09:43:52 PM »

Lapsed cultural Anglican that's basically an agnostic. Went to church for his kids sake when they were young, now almost never does.

It's J.R.R. Tolkien around the time that The Fellowship of the Ring was published; he was an exceptionally devout and strict Catholic.

*skip*
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies