IL-GOV 2022 megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:21:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-GOV 2022 megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11
Author Topic: IL-GOV 2022 megathread  (Read 21153 times)
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: January 14, 2022, 09:11:10 PM »

Lol

Pritzker net worth: $3,600,000,000 --> $3,510,000,000

He has such an insane amount of money
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #126 on: January 15, 2022, 03:30:46 PM »

I don't think Irvin is even favored to get through the primary-

The attack ads just write themselves. I'm sure Darren Bailey or whoever will latch onto these points.
TBF Irvin does not have a prochoice record, it is just rumored that he is prochoice. His running mate is also decidedly to his right. That should help some.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #127 on: January 15, 2022, 03:37:37 PM »

Lol

Pritzker net worth: $3,600,000,000 --> $3,510,000,000

He has such an insane amount of money

Yeah, though it's still about 15 times less than Wall $treet Mike, lmao.
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2022, 03:41:28 PM »

I don't think Irvin is even favored to get through the primary-

The attack ads just write themselves. I'm sure Darren Bailey or whoever will latch onto these points.
TBF Irvin does not have a prochoice record, it is just rumored that he is prochoice. His running mate is also decidedly to his right. That should help some.

Yes, I realized shortly after posting this that his record on abortion isn't pro-choice. The fact remains that he is still a poor fit for the GOP primary electorate in Illinois - and I still don't see him having much of a shot.
Babeuf

« Reply #129 on: January 15, 2022, 03:55:08 PM »

Lol

Saw it reported that Ken Griffin has pledged $300 million to support the statewide GOP efforts in 2022. Going to be an awful election season for anyone with live tv between Pritzker and Griffin’s spending.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #130 on: January 15, 2022, 08:11:20 PM »

We about 11 months from the election and I just saw a Pritzker ad during the middle of NFL playoff football.
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #131 on: February 07, 2022, 06:44:10 PM »

Bumping this now based on the recent events in the state. Almost every suburban school district is going masks optional yet Pritzker is threatening to sue and have the ruling overturned. The township I live in is one of the few districts still mandating masks, and now there’s football players tweeting at the superintendent that they won’t be complying. This is at least bizarre fiasco and at most something that can galvanize the covid backlash vote.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #132 on: February 28, 2022, 07:41:10 PM »

The one and only Rod Blagojevich is trying to be able to run for political office. He would probably be a better contender than the jokes currently running for republican nom.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #133 on: March 01, 2022, 10:25:53 AM »

The one and only Rod Blagojevich is trying to be able to run for political office. He would probably be a better contender than the jokes currently running for republican nom.

How so? I couldn't find any info he attempts to run for office again.
Duke of York

« Reply #134 on: March 01, 2022, 11:15:55 AM »

He can't run. When he was removed from office the state legislature barred him from ever holding office in the state again.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #135 on: March 01, 2022, 10:54:32 PM »

How so? I couldn't find any info he attempts to run for office again.
He sued to get his impeachment Bar removed.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/rod-blagojevich-files-lawsuit-seeking-right-to-run-for-office-in-illinois-again/2577146/
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #136 on: March 02, 2022, 04:18:27 PM »

The door ended up hitting him on his way out Smiley
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #137 on: March 02, 2022, 05:34:45 PM »

He has been indicted so, he hasn't been convicted an indictment just means you are going to trial
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #138 on: April 11, 2022, 06:51:24 PM »

This is such a waste of money, regardless of the results of the race.
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #139 on: April 11, 2022, 07:04:25 PM »

Does anybody have someone they’re high on in the primaries and why?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #140 on: April 11, 2022, 10:31:16 PM »

This is such a waste of money, regardless of the results of the race.

The Illinois Supreme court races are important though.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #141 on: April 11, 2022, 10:39:01 PM »

The GOP is running quite a lot of black candidates for key races this cycle. I don't understand why they seem to always have such a hard time moderating on messaging when they could have real potential to reach out in communities the GOP doesn't ordinarily win, especially since someone like Pritzker can be painted as part of the IL elite Dem machine.

Irvin has potential, but I don't think he's going to use it.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #142 on: April 12, 2022, 06:26:47 PM »

The GOP is running quite a lot of black candidates for key races this cycle. I don't understand why they seem to always have such a hard time moderating on messaging when they could have real potential to reach out in communities the GOP doesn't ordinarily win, especially since someone like Pritzker can be painted as part of the IL elite Dem machine.

Irvin has potential, but I don't think he's going to use it.

Ann Coulter and Rick Shaftan types don't want the GOP to appeal to Black voters, because they will see nothing in return. Republicans will get 5%-10% of the black vote depending on the candidate; Tom Kean and Jim Edgar did well with Black voters because they appealed to Black voters aggressively and Democrats took black voters for granted.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #143 on: April 22, 2022, 10:35:20 AM »

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #144 on: April 22, 2022, 10:39:39 AM »

But, but, I was told the GOP is the fiscally responsible party and Dems bankrupt the state...
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #145 on: April 22, 2022, 10:57:02 AM »

There is a bad feeling in the air and I don’t like it. Outside of downballot incompetence and the Republican likelihood of sweeping the Supreme Court, the governor race may be somewhat more competitive after all. It won’t be like with New Jersey where due to just demographics the Democrats were saved, but it is going to be a defeat of morale nonetheless.

I’m getting reports from people I know that the Democratic auxiliaries are out in full force right now, and I doubt they get saved from the thrashing coming up.
UncleSam

« Reply #146 on: April 22, 2022, 11:18:31 AM »

There is a bad feeling in the air and I don’t like it. Outside of downballot incompetence and the Republican likelihood of sweeping the Supreme Court, the governor race may be somewhat more competitive after all. It won’t be like with New Jersey where due to just demographics the Democrats were saved, but it is going to be a defeat of morale nonetheless.

I’m getting reports from people I know that the Democratic auxiliaries are out in full force right now, and I doubt they get saved from the thrashing coming up.
i mean it’s IL, surely Dems will still win sizable majorities in both houses of the legislature? I strongly doubt Dems are in any danger of losing their hold on the state.
Roll Roons
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #147 on: April 22, 2022, 11:23:11 AM »

i mean it’s IL, surely Dems will still win sizable majorities in both houses of the legislature? I strongly doubt Dems are in any danger of losing their hold on the state.

Illinois does tend to swing wildly in midterms. Democrats are not in danger of losing their legislative majorities, but there's a good chance they lose supermajority status in the House and Senate.

On a very good night, Republicans may even be able to pick up a row office, one or two congressional seats and give Pritzker a real scare.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #148 on: April 22, 2022, 10:47:34 PM »

Illinois does tend to swing wildly in midterms. Democrats are not in danger of losing their legislative majorities, but there's a good chance they lose supermajority status in the House and Senate.

On a very good night, Republicans may even be able to pick up a row office, one or two congressional seats and give Pritzker a real scare.

IMO what will be the most consequential is if Rs can flip the court as that would actually give them some level of power.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #149 on: April 22, 2022, 10:51:15 PM »

State Supreme Court is up. Rs have to win 2 open suburban seats with downballot gop lean to win the court.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies