IL-GOV 2022 megathread

(1/51) > >>

Suburbia:
The ungovernable state of Illinois will have a gubernatorial election in 2022, in a Biden midterm.

People are moving out of IL for the 8th straight year. People are moving out of IL to move to IN, AZ, FL and other places deemed "low-tax".

Rightists are saying "Don't come to our state with your policies". What do you think?

But I rate IL-GOV 2022 as Lean D.

IL GOP are looking at a post-Rauner, post-Kirk future with Cubs co-owner Todd Ricketts mulling a run for governor.

http://www.chicagomag.com/city-life/December-2020/Todd-Ricketts-Illinois-Republicans-2022/

Clarko95 📚💰📈:
Probably still Likely Dem. The Illinois GOP is deeply unpopular.

Quote from: Suburbia on December 28, 2020, 12:31:57 PM

People are moving out of IL to move to IN, AZ, FL and other places deemed "low-tax".

Rightists are saying "Don't come to our state with your policies". What do you think?

My understanding is that the people who leave Illinois are generally more conservative leaning? They tend to be older, homeowners, and fleeing suburban property taxes. They're not really Democratic voters.

Also Indiana's population growth has been very anemic. For all the talk of people and businesses leaving Illinois and moving to Indiana, most of them actually just move to the Sunbelt, is my impression. The tax advantages of living in Lake County, Indiana and commuting to Chicago were pretty much eliminated over the 2013 - 2018 period when the county introduced a county income tax, many municipalities voted in referendums to raise property taxes to fund schools, and the state raised all kinds of fees and excise taxes despite passing a small income tax cut. And the weather is still just as bad.

Roll Roons:
Pritzker isn't safe, because an Illinois governor will always make a lot of enemies, but I think Republicans will make their strongest play for a row office. Probably Secretary of State, which is likely to be an open seat. I don't know who they might nominate, because I think it plays out like the 2018 AG race, where Democrats have a crowded primary and Republicans find someone who they largely clear the field for.

Suburbia:
Quote from: Roll Roons on December 28, 2020, 02:27:13 PM

Pritzker isn't safe, because an Illinois governor will always make a lot of enemies, but I think Republicans will make their strongest play for a row office. Probably Secretary of State, which is likely to be an open seat. I don't know who they might nominate, because I think it plays out like the 2018 AG race, where Democrats have a crowded primary and Republicans find someone who they largely clear the field for.

Kirk Dillard could beat Pritzker in 2022.

Pritzker is a rich progressive, but he is unhealthy. He should lose weight. He has no political future outside of IL, maybe future DNC chair.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers:
Why do Conservative think just because it's a Biden Midterm, D's are in a losing battle in 2014/2018 only 1 Dem lost in a blue state which was Mark Udall.  

Every competetive state in 2021/2022 including GA Runoffs and VA and NJ Govs and 2022 Midterms aside from NC are in states Biden won and Biden and Harris will campaign for D's.

Instead of winning by 20/ Pritzker is gonna win by 5 pts, that's the average D Govs win by anyways.

Pritzker is just as overweight as Trump

Ricketts is running for Gov due to fact his Cubbies are on the downtrend, the Roof top business is over until Covid is over. He's going bankrupt as of right now, Wrigleyville is dead, I lived in Chicago, Galena and Suburbs are becoming more popular than Chicago, you can buy a House for same price you pay rent a mnth

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page