What exactly does it mean to be a “left-wing libertarian?” (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:35:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  What exactly does it mean to be a “left-wing libertarian?” (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What exactly does it mean to be a “left-wing libertarian?”  (Read 2087 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: December 28, 2020, 11:09:01 AM »

it seems like one of our worst posters of all time was a proud left libertarian....the only name that comes to mind is Ziggy (who's actual poster name I also can't remember), but I think it was the other train wreck of a poster from around the same time.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 03:41:34 PM »

it seems like one of our worst posters of all time was a proud left libertarian....the only name that comes to mind is Ziggy (who's actual poster name I also can't remember), but I think it was the other train wreck of a poster from around the same time.

Ziggy was an avowed fascist. You might be thinking of Libertas.
yes, that's it
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 08:00:45 AM »

Traditionally, libertarian was a more polite term for anarchists.
no it hasn't.

To be sure, many non-libertarians seem to think that.  It's why you get stupid sh**t like "Somalia is a libertarian paradise".  Somehow they also get accused of being Trump supporters.  It's almost like some people are ignorant about this stuff on purpose.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 07:22:27 PM »

Traditionally, libertarian was a more polite term for anarchists.
no it hasn't.

To be sure, many non-libertarians seem to think that.  It's why you get stupid sh**t like "Somalia is a libertarian paradise".  Somehow they also get accused of being Trump supporters.  It's almost like some people are ignorant about this stuff on purpose.
Speaking of ignorant on purpose, do you actually not know what anarchism is or are you pretending to be offended?
let's see
an·ar·chism
/ˈanərˌkizəm/
noun
belief in the abolition of all government and the organization of society on a voluntary, cooperative basis without recourse to force or compulsion.
since libertarians do NOT want the "abolition of all government" it is dumb to say libertarianism is a polite term for anarchism.
k
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies