Feminism and the ordination of women as priestesses and ministers. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:31:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Feminism and the ordination of women as priestesses and ministers. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Feminism and the ordination of women as priestesses and ministers.  (Read 3587 times)
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« on: December 28, 2020, 05:43:37 PM »

Isn’t there something to be said for having one place in society that does things the way they’ve done them since time immemorial? Traditionalists understand that there are things they can’t control - will the modernists really not be satisfied until they have everything?

Well, I can't speak for all modernists, but I personally won't be satisfied until I'm God Himself. What's your life's ambition, to raise a family in a quaint Tuscan villa somewhere? That's cute.

Actually, it is.

Well, a Ligurian villa might make more sense, but I'd like to be closer to Florence.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 06:03:37 PM »

I forgot that sarcasm and irony don't translate well here.

On any note, my problem isn't with "traditional religion" (obviously), it's ancient cultural biases that are used to reinforce existing prejudices.

Sarcasm and irony translate very well in Italian (Ligurian-Tuscan-fringe variety) if I do say so myself.

I was actually planning not to comment in this thread for personal reasons, but you handed that one on a silver platter.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies