End of an Era: Tax Cuts Losing Steam on Capitol Hill
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 09:05:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  End of an Era: Tax Cuts Losing Steam on Capitol Hill
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: End of an Era: Tax Cuts Losing Steam on Capitol Hill  (Read 2184 times)
AuH2O
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2006, 02:07:10 PM »

You seem more moderate since taking a break from the forum.  Where is the old AuH2O?

Oh I'm here. But I have to be smart. Over the top statements can cause problems, unless you make a living off them (i.e. Coulter-- not that she's wrong necessarily). There are 2 ways to influence: involvement and money (and obviously they are not mutually exclusive). I'm going to be in DC and I'm going to be a securities lawyer. So the ingredients will be there.

Now, I'm not going to get my way just by being a Republican donor and function-attender. But maybe I can nudge things just a bit. No sense in limiting my influence by making myself vulnerable.
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2006, 07:42:10 AM »

You seem more moderate since taking a break from the forum.  Where is the old AuH2O?

Oh I'm here. But I have to be smart. Over the top statements can cause problems, unless you make a living off them (i.e. Coulter-- not that she's wrong necessarily). There are 2 ways to influence: involvement and money (and obviously they are not mutually exclusive). I'm going to be in DC and I'm going to be a securities lawyer. So the ingredients will be there.

Now, I'm not going to get my way just by being a Republican donor and function-attender. But maybe I can nudge things just a bit. No sense in limiting my influence by making myself vulnerable.

Oh please, you ridiculous megalomaniac, lighten up!  One anonymous attourney-worker does not influence anything.  Try to remember, in future, that you, are a nobody, and that the system itself is not amenable to such as you.  If it were would it have survived so perfectly?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies