Answer the previous poster's question. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:21:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Answer the previous poster's question. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Answer the previous poster's question.  (Read 4603 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: August 30, 2021, 03:20:26 PM »

My question: To what extent does consumer ethics apply? Should individuals try and limit their red meat consumption due to environmental concerns? Should a liberal-minded person avoid buying from Amazon because of how they treat their workers? Is it ethical to pay for Chris Brown’s music?

It depends on who you ask and what the issue is. I personally think curtailing red meat consumption (and all meat consumption) is a good choice, ethically, environmentally and from a health perspective, but I am a hypocrite and fraud, because I love nonvegetarian food so much that I will continue eating it no matter what. And while I don't necessarily have qualms about how Amazon treats it employees, even if I did, Amazon is a must and it's simply impractical to stop using it as a silent protest. It will change nothing about how they treat their employees but just make my life harder.

My questions are this for those who support unconditionally banning the death penalty: Why do you support banning the death penalty? Do you not think a single crime is so bad someone deserves to die for committing it?
My questions are this for those who don't support unconditionally banning the death penalty: Why do you support the death penalty? What justification is there for it? In what all scenarios is it acceptable to use the death penalty?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies