Answer the previous poster's question. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:31:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Answer the previous poster's question. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Answer the previous poster's question.  (Read 4591 times)
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« on: December 29, 2020, 08:56:13 PM »

Question: Is dialectical materialism a religion?

In the context of its elevation by the Eastern Bloc's reverence of ideology, arguably (Ceaușescu once compared applying the theory to cocaine use), but there it was fairly removed from its original state, in which I'd say it's no more or less religious than any philosophical principle.

Do sexuality and religion have any intersection in your view? Does religion have a place in restricting or promoting any form of sexuality? Do you believe that sexuality can be harnessed for magical or ritual purposes?
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 11:31:58 AM »

Next poster:
What are your thoughts on the fact that Europe is dominated linguistically and socially by Indo-European roots but religiously by Semitic roots and culturally by some 'amalgamation' of both? Do you think modern European civilization could have happened without this union?

I think that union is very essential to the construction of European society ever since the classical era, first with the massive influence of the Phoenicians and their descendants (e.g. Carthage) on commerce, language, and religion (note how the Mesopotamian Inanna/Ishtar became the Canaanite Astarte/Ashtoreth, as mentioned in the Old Testament, and then Aphrodite and Venus), and then the second wave of the obvious massive influence of Judeo-Christian thought beginning in late antiquity. There were holdouts, of course, as in Scandinavia (cue obnoxious far-right pagan revivalist movements), but eventually they became subsumed into the strange marriage as well. For better and for worse, I doubt that present or past societies would have been as strong in their identities and cosmopolitan were they not built on this inherent syncretism.

Next poster: What is your view of Discordianism? Is it a genuine philosophical and spiritual path, an extended sh*tpost, or somewhere in between, or is that question even worth asking (fnord)?
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 06:41:10 PM »

Does everything matter, or nothing?

The etymological root of "matter" is the Latin "mater". Everything that we know constitutes our celestial Mother.

Is there any theological space in the present age for the veneration of war deities?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies