Answer the previous poster's question. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:24:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Answer the previous poster's question. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Answer the previous poster's question.  (Read 4593 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« on: July 25, 2021, 04:32:40 PM »

Do you think people can have a psychic sixth sense? If so can they use dreams to predict the future?

No.

Do you think that anyone deserves eternal damnation in Hell?

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 09:25:36 AM »

What is the relationship between dreams (while sleeping) and creativity?

I think that dreams can often be a reflection of the subconscious, so a creative individual may have more elaborate and creative dreams. And often creative people may use their dreams to express their creativity through art.

My question: To what extent does consumer ethics apply? Should individuals try and limit their red meat consumption due to environmental concerns? Should a liberal-minded person avoid buying from Amazon because of how they treat their workers? Is it ethical to pay for Chris Brown’s music?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 12:05:46 PM »

My questions are this for those who support unconditionally banning the death penalty: Why do you support banning the death penalty? Do you not think a single crime is so bad someone deserves to die for committing it?

If someone is falsely convicted of a crime and is sentenced to life in prison, if we find out 10 years later that they were innocent, they can be freed and given financial compsensation.

If someone is falsely convicted of a crime and sentenced to death, and we find out 10 years later that they were innocent... they're dead, so we can't give them compensation.

Basically, we can't undo an execution. The risk of execution an innocent person is always going to be too high. Even if 1 person out of 1,000,000 is wrongfully executed, that's still too high.

My question: what would your ideal afterlife system look like?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies