Answer the previous poster's question. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:20:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Answer the previous poster's question. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Answer the previous poster's question.  (Read 4594 times)
LabourJersey
United States

« on: January 30, 2022, 06:10:59 PM »
« edited: January 30, 2022, 07:58:31 PM by LabourJersey »

The latter. Ricky Gervais likes to hear himself talk.

A man takes a bullet for a complete stranger during a robbery. If the man decided to sacrifice himself for the stranger based on his beliefs, and his beliefs are not under his direct control, does the man really have free will?

Free will is an illusion that has no basis in reality. All matter of effect is determination by our natural world.

Humans are primates. Our species fall under the taxonomy of Great Apes. Christian theologies tend to bypass our family to focus on the humans species. With that all back by scientific reasoning, if you are a theist, do you believe Apes(non-Humans) go to heaven?

Humans are defined by their consciousness; humans are the only animals that have fully formed senses of self and have a true sense of our own mortality. Therefore, I believe that a living being needs a consciousness to realize God as a concept to be saved.

I don't think any non-humans are in the afterlife, but I suppose that other living beings who are fully conscious (aliens?) would be, in this scenario.

Question: Do you find the Holy Trinity to be an adequate explanation of the Christian view of God, or do you disagree?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies