Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread 2021
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:08:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread 2021
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread 2021  (Read 5803 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2021, 08:39:28 PM »

Former President Tmthforu94 Holds Media Blitz

Virtual Appearance on Good Morning Show with CBS-affiliate KPIX in San Francisco, CA
Good morning! It is great to be on your show this morning. In the last election, we came just short of winning. Mayor Chu is uncontroversial to most, but that is because she hasn't taken action, she hasn't done enough. There are challenges facing The People of San Francisco every day, lack of affordable housing being one of the greatest. In the South where I governed, the DA recently passed through legislation, unifying both sides, that would provide additional incentives for first time home owners. This is just one of many solutions that is needed to fix this issue, but we need a Mayor who is ready to hit the ground running, get to work and work with all sides to get the job done. That is what our DA candidate will do once elected!!

Radio Appearance on the Pete Mundo Show, Kansas City, MO (Political talk show)
Hey Pete, it is good to be on your show again, I listen almost daily! We kicked off our campaign here in Missouri last week and we're happy with where it is going. Our internal polling has us gaining already in several states as voters are resonating with our message - I've been talking a lot about Governor Benson and using him as a model for what DA governance looks like. Kansas has had great success under his leadership and it can happen elsewhere as well. We saw a lot of action in the Southern Chamber and a lot of it was attributed to DA leadership - Missourians have seen this firsthand. When I'm talking to our candidates, a message I continue to dry home is consensus-building and honing in on strong leadership skills to make it happen, it is much easier said than done. We have the candidates who can do that, and I think voters will see that.

Virtual Call with the Inside Texas Politics
Hi all! Thanks for letting me hop on briefly and join your meeting. Texas has been part of a lot of politicking, as I know you're all getting a front row seat to! Thank you for being engaged in the democratic process. We have some really good candidates running in Texas, I hope you all will look them up and go volunteer/engage with our candidates. You are the future of our nation, is important that your voice is heard. The two big parties are going to getting slinging back and forth, but I think we have a real opportunity to take the center and show Texans the benefit of having a Governor and legislature that can work with both sides and come up with some common-sense solutions. Governor Bryant has been ineffective working with the legislature, and ya'll are seeing firsthand the effects of partisan politics. Bryant's team talks a lot of talk, but when push comes to shove and it's time for action, they aren't anywhere to be seen. The contract could not be clearer here for us, which is why I think we will do well here!
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2021, 11:06:24 PM »

TURN UTAH BLUE TOUR, PART 2.5

RALLY
@ Plat C Park, Tooele, UT

Approx. 1000 attendees w/social distancing guidelines followed

Hello Tooele!

Well, even with everything going on I wanna talk about local issues, and like my good friend said earlier, transportation is a big issue.

Tooele has been growing phenomenally quickly, nearly tripling its population in the past 2 decades. With growing population would mean growing travel to Salt Lake City. However, there's only 1 way that goes directly to there, I-80, which is only 2 lanes wide in each direction. That's not going to be sustainable in the future. However, Tooele also has a railroad going to SLC and that's what will be important. We can have a short line heading from here into SLC, something that would bring a much needed connection to Tooele. We can do it, but we need your support. Vote DA to make it a reality.

RALLY
@Fox Field, Provo, UT

Approx. 2,000 attendees w/social distancing guidelines followed

Hello Provo!

Well, today's been a busy day, and while I've been scrambling around Utah making sure every corner of the state hears our message, Labor has been scrambling doing damage control.

Governor Udall, even with the DA leading the charge in calls for his resignation, continues to insist that he will serve out his term. Us in the DA believe that he can not. That's why with me is Provo's MP Angela Kipling, who has just introduced Articles of Impeachment against the Governor. We must send a strong message that this behavior can not be tolerated. We must also make sure that there was not anyone else covering this up. Utah, as a state, can't be taken advantage of like this. That's why this campaign's theme song is gonna be Won't Get Fooled Again by the Who, because I know that Utah won't get fooled again!

With that, here's the honorable MP who is fighting to make sure the Governor faces consequences for his actions, Angela Kipling!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2021, 12:53:51 AM »

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The following was disseminated through press releases to all major Utah papers, WB's Twitter account, the Utah DA state website, and other DA media outlets

I want to clear the air for a moment to ensure that things are not misconstrued.

I will admit that my actions tonight were a bit too passionate. However, I will say that the only thing rushed about MP Angela Kipling's articles of impeachment was that she rushed down to talk to the people she represents, even though she did not need to.

DA did lead the charge (the first MP to call for Udall's impeachment, Eric Smith of South Salt Lake, is a member of the DA), but I did not mean to imply that we are the only ones doing this, and if we were acting alone it would mean nothing given our power in the Utah Parliament. This is work that all of us are doing together, and I'm aware that my wording, though not my intention, was not indicative of that.

Chair OBD's statement appears to imply that we would handle this trial in a partisan manner. This is untrue. In fact, our plans were nearly the exact same as Labor's, and I will commend them on that. Once again I feel as if there was a miscommunication between the parties on this, and this is in a way my own fault. There should be greater communication as the campaign continues to make sure this doesn't happen again. I do not shy away from apologizing like most politicians. I also realize that I too may be misunderstanding the Chair's words, and as such I apologize if that's the case.

I do feel as if Labor was slightly slow to react to this incident, but I have no interest in turning this into a circus, either. The only clown in this whole affair is Governor Udall, and perhaps even saying that is too good for him after what he's done.

I plan on letting the impending impeachment stick in the minds of voters, but I will be back to discussing local issues like I always have in the coming days as I complete my 29-county tour of Utah, because the issues that people care about most are often local. That's the DA way.

I plan on completing the tour by the end of the week, although that does not mean I won't come back to Utah. At the very least I plan on seeing the Governor impeached in person, perhaps I'll even meet with OBD to celebrate the swift yet thorough execution of justice that is soon to occur, although it is a shame that this entire situation transpired in the first place. Like the Chair said, this is in everyone's interest.

-WB
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2021, 10:04:12 AM »
« Edited: May 11, 2021, 11:51:23 AM by Utah Neolib »

These rallies are limited attendance, socially distanced rallies with masks required.

RALLY
Fillmore, Utah
05-11-2021
I am thrilled to be in Fillmore this mornin’.
Fillmore, is a once thriving small town. We can make this town thrive again, through the DAs Small Town Revitalization Plan. We need to stimulate the economy of towns like Fillmore, and we will! These towns have long been neglected over many decades, but it’s time for that to change! I will pass off the microphone, to State Senate Candidate Chris McAdams, who has spent his life advocating for small town revitalization!
*crowd cheers*

RALLY
Delta, Utah
05-11-2021
HELLLOOOOOOOOO DELLLLTTTAAAAAAA *crowd cheers*
(that hurt my voice a bit)
Delta, is a town with a lot of farms. I’m sure y’all know that. But these small farming communities have been neglected. Well, it’s time for that to change. Delta has been hurt by droughts recently, and that has severely impacted the growing of crops. The Democratic Alliance candidate for Governor, Ben Mateson, stands for a better drought prevention and management plan. Ben Matheson would be willing to negotiate with the Legislature to make that happen.
*crowd cheers*

TURN UTAH BLUE TOUR, PT2
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2021, 02:31:17 AM »

TURN UTAH BLUE TOUR, PART 3

RALLY
@Wasatch County Veteran's Memorial Park, Heber City UT

Good morning Heber City!!

With everything going on, I feel like it's more important to talk about what's going to help you out. Don't worry, justice is indeed coming for Governor Udall.

No, the more pertinent issue that faces Heber City in the future is self-sustainability. Currently, more and more of the population works far away, as far as away as Salt Lake City, nearly an hour's drive away. Recently, local leaders, like Mayor Charles Smith, a member of the DA, have worked hard to promote local business and self-reliance. We here in the DA want to help out because these sorts of projects can be expensive. That's why we'll help cover the cost that localities incur while establishing more self-sufficiency. Let's make it happen, and elect Ben Matheson as your next governor, and re-elect Mayor Smith!

RALLY
@Constitution Park, Roosevelt UT

Hello Roosevelt!

I'm happy to see a big turnout for a small town like y'all, though like I said several months back, small towns can do great things.

And Roosevelt certainly does. Being a business hub and the only hospital in the county, y'all sure can throw your weight around. But the problem is that you're falling on hard times. This town has relied on oil for decades, and with the turn away from oil, y'all are struggling. The solution is to renew what Roosevelt does. I think that y'all could keep being an energy hub, but in another way. Solar power. Let's be honest that outside a few towns, Duchesne County is pretty empty. By working with the Uintah and Ouray reservation government, we can see Roosevelt become a new, green power center. We will start the process to bring back this town. But we need your help to do it. Let's turn Utah blue with Ben Matheson!

RALLY
@Ashley Valley Community Park, Vernal, UT

Approx. 1500 attendees w/social distancing guidelines followed

Hello Vernal!

Glad to be here. As I usually do, I don't like all the frills of a speech, so I'll get right to the point that Vernal needs a bit of a push. Just like in Roosevelt, where I was just a little while ago, y'all are having a bit of economic trouble with the decline of fossil fuels. However, you are doing far better because there's other fossils that fuel your economy. Specifically dinosaur fossils, bringing in tourists.  We've gotta make Vernal a cornerstone in Utah's tourism. The conventions we've seen in the area also help. In fact, a good friend of mine, Sal Kessler, better known online as Samson Whitepaw, wants to bring more conventions here to Vernal. He's part of the small, but still impactful, Fremont Future Party, part of the AFP, which is in turn part of DA. He knows that these events can bring in big money, and that's why he's running to be your next MP! Come on out here!

SPEECH
@Corner of 1st West and 1st North Streets in Manila, UT

Approx. 50 attendees
Good afternoon Manila!

Happy to be here in the smallest county in the state. Y'all split from Uintah county because of transportation issues many, many years ago, but it seems like from the state of these roads, you have your own transportation issues to deal with. It has to be hard to maintain these considering that Daggett County barely has 1000 people. Don't worry, because the DA won't let that continue. We may talk mostly about rail when we're talking about transportation, but having functioning roads is also extremely important, and we will deliver on it by allocating more to rural communities like yours.

SPEECH
On Willow Creek Drive, Washam WY

Approx. 10 attendees
Hello Washam!

I wanted to take a little detour from Utah and hop across the border here just to discuss something similar to what I did over in Manila. Your kids are going across the border into Utah for school, understandably so with other schools so far away, but with roads like this, I'd wager it's not a fun trip. Here in Wyoming we'll fight for you just as hard as we will across the border. Let's get our roads under control!

RALLY
@Washington Park, Price UT

Approx. 900 attendees w/social distancing guidelines followed

Hello Price!

I'm here because y'all are a strong and diverse community, and like everywhere else, the DA wants to support that through helping out small communities with funding. I know, I know, I sound like I don't have a lot to talk about, but don't worry, because your next Governor Ben Matheson will have a lot more to say. I'm here to talk about the logo we're using for this campaign, made by a good friend of mine. They didn't state if they wanted to be credited, but their style is well-known, so you should tell who it is.

As you can see, it's just like our tour's slogan says. We're turning Utah from red to blue! And the guy who's gonna do it is Ben Matheson, let's give him a warm welcome!
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2021, 05:58:22 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2021, 06:42:30 PM by Utah Neolib »

RALLY
Beaver, Utah
ARE WE FIRRRED UPPP??
*yes we are!* (from the socially distanced crowd)
We understand that most households in Beaver have children. The Democratic Alliance stands for responsibly re-opening schools, so your child can go back to in-school learning and meeting their friends again. Ben Matheson also has a plan to move some state government buildings and offices to other places throughout Utah, to expand employment opportunities where they are needed.

Speech
Milford, Utah
Hello y’all! It’s good to see ya!
Milford was once a railroad boom-town in the late 1800s. Sadly, that prosperity didn’t last. But,  this town WILL become the boom-town it once was again. The Democratic Alliance has a small town revitalization plan, to stimulate the economies of these towns. These towns, like Milford, contribute to our economy and state, and deserve to see some investment in these towns in return.

RALLY
Junction, Utah
There aren’t many faces here today, but I hope to see more of y’all soon. Junction, is a historical small town. Junction faces a challenge with poverty, but the Democratic Alliance has a plan to stop that. Expanding food banks, and putting money where it needs to be to help stop poverty, is our plan. Many of these towns have been forgotten. We come here, not to make empty promises, but to make real promises, and real solutions.
(All rallies had social distancing with masks required)
Utah needs change, and Ben Matheson is the one to lead that change.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2021, 09:28:45 PM »

TURN UTAH BLUE TOUR, PART 4

RALLY
@Swanney City Park, Moab UT

Approx. 1,000 attendees w/social distancing guidelines followed

Hello Moab!

I wanted to talk about the beauty of this town, because that's where a lot of this town makes its living. Bikers love the trails around here, and I can't blame 'em. But air pollution has been an issue in the past. An easy way to fight air pollution is, say it with me, public transportation. Which Moab has none of. There are some bus lines, but they're privately owned, something that somewhat defeats the purpose of this. We need to bring the lines that used to go to Grand Junction and Salt Lake back, because if we do so, we'll be helping keep Moab beautiful for years to come.

RALLY
@City Park, Blanding UT

Approx. 450 attendees w/social distancing guidelines followed

Hello Blanding!

Happy to be here down near the southern edge of this great state.

Someone down here just told me this really neat story about how y'all changed your town name to try and get a 1000 book library from Thomas Bicknell. As a guy who loves learning, that sort of dedication really makes me happy. It also makes me think about how our libraries today need help. Libraries are not just places to read books anymore, they can often be poor folks' only internet connection and widespread job finder! That's why it's important now more than ever to make sure we fund our libraries more, or at least protect them from spending cuts. The DA will do it. By providing more to communities, we can prevent austerity measures that can turn to the libraries as an easy cut. Let's have that fight for libraries that Blanding took place in so long ago keep going.

RALLY
In the parking lot of Royal's Food Town, Loa, UT

Approx. 50 attendees

Hello Loa!

Well, I gotta say that I love the lack of big business here. I know that sounds odd, but as someone who's hometown has mostly big chains, it feels like a breath of fresh air seeing so many locally owned businesses. But as I've always said, we gotta do more. Once you get off of main you have to walk in the grass or on the road. Pedestrian friendliness is a big issue, and it's one the DA has been solving in other states. We'll help get more sidewalk down in this town so that folks that want or have to walk into the city center don't have to worry about getting hit by someone who isn't paying attention or getting bit by some insect.

RALLY
@Castle Dale Ballpark, Castle Dale UT

Approx. 300 attendants w/social distancing guidelines followed.

Good afternoon Castle Dale!

Well, I feel like I'm a bit of a broken record because I keep on heading to towns in this area and keep on having the same things to say. Castle Dale, and Emery County as a whole, have been having economic issues with the decline of fossil fuels.

The solution, although some folks aren't fans, is through nuclear power. Power plants, on the whole, bring in lots of jobs, and nuclear power needs to be part of our plan to reduce emissions. Now, I realize that a lot of you hear "nuclear power" and think about Fukushima and Chernobyl. Let me ask you, would the causes of those two events occur here in Utah? Fukushima had an extreme set of circumstances that Utah would not face. Chernobyl was caused by incompetence. I know the people of Utah aren't incompetent.

And my own proposal, that of the AFP, is to invest more into Thorium reactors, which have multiple benefits, including lower amounts of harmful radiation and the ability to quickly stop any dangerous situation.

We can reinvent eastern Utah, we just need to think in terms of the future. That's what the AFP does, and that's what the DA does.

RALLY
@Ephraim City Park, Ephraim UT

Approx. 600 attendees w/social distancing guidelines followed

Hello Ephraim!

You all are the agricultural backbone of this state. Especially in regards to turkey farming. I gotta tell you, I love me some turkey. But enough of my breakfast sausage preferences. What do we need to do in this county? We gotta make sure that the agriculture here stays in the hands of the more efficient small farmers, rather than wasteful megacorps. Having strong disincentives for agricultural corporations from owning a large amount of land, we can hit them where it hurts most. Doing so would free up land for the Average Joe.

These issues have plagued civilization since the Roman age. We need to make sure that we don't have repeats of that. With me now is a man who lived on his parent's farm, but when the economy hurt, his folks were forced to sell and move into town to survive. He's worked his way back up since then, and now he's running to be your next MP! Give it up for Charles McKinney!

RALLY
@Nephi City Pioneer Park, Nephi UT

Hello Nephi!

Well, it's getting a bit late and it'll be cold soon, so I don't wanna keep you out here too long.

I talked a couple days ago about the FrontRunner, and how it has been slow to its planned expansion, which would reach down here to Nephi. Let me tell you that such a connection would be started under a Ben Matheson governorship. With the DA's specific focus on public transport, we can push that project forward, hopefully getting easy transit between here and Salt Lake City, all the way up to Brigham City, within a few years. Perhaps even faster than that considering that the rail infrastructure is already there.

Such a route would be a boon to the city, and I predict that once that station opens you would see Nephi double in population within 10 years. We've proven that we can get it done elsewhere, and we will get it done here.

Now, one last thing before you go, here's a word from your next governor, Ben Matheson!!
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2021, 11:39:25 AM »

Speech
Circleville, Utah
Helloooo Circleville!
I am very excited to be hear today, to talk to people about Ben Matheson’s plan for Utah. Ben Matheson plans to repair this broken state. Ben Matheson plans to not neglect little towns like these. With the Small Town Revitalization plan and the For The Farmers Plan, we can make this state great. By moving some state government resources, down to places like these, it helps employ people and create opportunities. The For the Farmers Act is made to build off of some previous laws in Utah. Paying for Carbon Capture is also included in the For The Farmers plan.
When we talk about Infrastructure, we don’t just mean public transit. Repairing old roads, and re-paving them helps ensure that goods and people can get from place to place in rural areas. I will now hand the microphone, to Lieutenant Governor Nominee, Billllll Shepard!

It’s time for change in Utah, and Ben Matheson is the one to lead that change.
Turn Utah Blue Tour, Part 3
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2021, 10:23:33 PM »
« Edited: May 13, 2021, 10:31:58 PM by Utah Neolib »

RALLY
Cedar City, Utah
Hello, ARE WEEE FIRRED UPPP?
*YES WE ARE!*
This election is a battle for Utah. This campaign is a battle, for transparency in government, infrastructure, transportation, farmers and many, many other things. While our recent rallies have had a lot to do with farmers and farming issues, we care as much about the urban areas as well. These roads down here are somewhat known for being bad. If Ben Matheson is elected Governor, we will fix every pothole. That may sound ambitious to you, but it really isn’t. We also need a transportation system, like the FrontRunner or TRAX, but for southern Utah. Connecting cities like St George and Cedar City to smaller towns, and possibly up to the Salt Lake area. This campaign is a campaign to FIX Utah. Vote for the Ben Matheson / Bill Shepard Ticket this May! And vote for local state senate candidate, Karen Orton!
A vote for either or all of these people helps guarantee a better Utah.

RALLY
Parowan, Utah
HELLOOOOOOOO!!
I come here to campaign for a few great people, who want to help Utah. Parowan is a town that, has deep, rich history, and many groundbreaking people were born in this beautiful, great town. The DA’s southern Utah transit plan would help this county, a lot. Some people think that it’s too early to have a transit system in southern Utah. But, Southern Utah is an important, and decently highly populated area of Utah. A commuter train, like the FrontRunner would be perfect for southern Utah. It could link Parowan to Saint George and Cedar city, and to other small towns. This could help grow the population of this town, and help create economic opportunities. Vote for Ben Matheson / Ben Shepard and state house candidate Ben Otter!
(All rallies are socially distanced with masks required)
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2021, 11:59:43 PM »

TURN UTAH BLUE TOUR, PART 5

RALLY
@Blue Star Park, Fillmore UT

Approx. 200 attendees w/social distancing guidelines followed

Good morning Fillmore!

I heard this county is in need of help, like a lot of other rural ones. My good friend was here the other day talking about our small town revitalization plan, but we have also promoted ecological, environmentally friendly housing. I heard that the county is trying to promote that, and we here in the DA would be happy to help out with that, and the effort put towards that project by the county can go to other targeted projects. Every county, every town, hell every household has to decide what issues are best to focus on now and which ones are best to focus on later. The least we can do is relieve some of the pressure so that problems don't grow until they cause disaster. That's what the DA will do.

RALLY
@Richfield City Park, Richfield UT

Hello Richfield!

Well, I'm happy to be here in a town that was named for its own rich fields so long ago, and here in the DA we want to help keep those fields rich. As any good farmer would know, the soil grows less fertile over time if you keep farming the same stuff. That's why we'd help farmers get by if they use methods to help keep their soil rich, so that they don't have to worry about the loss of production. We're talking about changing crops from year to year, planting a variety of crops, and other things. We need to make sure our land is good for future generations, and that's what DA's forward-thinking policy would do.

RALLY
@Circleville Community Center, Circleville UT

Approx. 100 attendees w/social distancing guidelines followed

Hello Circleville!

Well, I don't think my friend could've put it any better when he talked to you earlier. I'll give you a look at some of our plans. Giving money directly to communities so they can put it where it matters. Increasing the infrastructure budget. Helping out first-time and environmental homeowners. Carbon capture. Keeping our fields fertile rather than fallow through diversification. We have plans for Utah, and they are big. But they're needed changes.

The big one we're going to especially do, however, is making this government more transparent. Although Governor Udall is impeached and likely to be on his way out, this does not end the issue. We need to make sure people are able to see what their government is doing. If it weren't for the smaller measures already in place we likely never would've found out about this.

Now, I'm gonna hand it over to your next governor, Ben Matheson!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2021, 12:07:21 AM »

AD: We Won't Get Fooled Again

[OPEN with news coverage]
Reporter: Utah, one of the best COVID responses in the nation...
Reporter 2: Governor Udall praised for his work in slowing down COVID...
[short pause]
Councilman Ben Matheson:... they lied.
Reporter 2: Governor Udall under fire after leaked phone calls show that he faked COVID death numbers...
Reporter 3: Udall refuses to resign...
Recording of Udall: We’ve gotta cover this up... we can’t have Truman looking bad over in Denver...
[Shot changes to Ben Matheson standing alone]
Matheson: They lied to you. They lied to me. They lied to all of Utah.
But we have a chance to make sure they you don’t get lied to again. That you don’t get fooled again.
[Won’t Get Fooled Again fades in. Camera jumps to candidate's faces as they speak.]
MP Candidate Chase Hunter: WE won’t get fooled again.
MP Eric Smith (DA-South Salt Lake): we won’t get fooled again.
State Senate Candidate Jesús Romero: we won’t get fooled again.
[Camera pans to show all DA candidates]
Together: Utah won’t get fooled again.
Narrator: Don’t get fooled again, Utah. Vote DA this month.
[DA logo fades in]
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2021, 12:46:34 PM »

Speech
St George, Utah
Hellooooo Saint George!
I am thrilled to be here, surrounded by thousands of years of geological history. The Saint George metropolitan area has been growing rapidly, with an estimated population of around 175,000. Wow! But, this area needs public transport and better roads desperately. Using the northern FrontRunner as an example, we can run a commuter train from here to Cedar City, and having stops in many small towns. This would help get rid of traffic, boost population and economic opportunities. And, under Ben Matheson’s Fix The Roads Plan, we promise to fix every pothole. That seems overly ambitious, doesn’t it? But it really isn’t, as we have the money to fix every pothole and the ways to do so. We won’t just fix potholes, but re-pave roads that need it, and make the roads better as well. These are just some of Ben Matheson’s plans to fix a broken Utah.

RALLY
Hurricane, Utah
I am very thrilled to be here today. To fire up all of y’all to vote for a better Utah. These days, schools have been closed, among other things. But Hurricane has done especially well, due to the sudden expanded popularity of national parks, to get away from more crowded places. Hurricane is a small town. Many roads out here are dirt roads, in places where better roads should be constructed, but the county/ city doesn’t have the money for it. We understand. Ben Matheson’s road fixin’ plan will make these roads better. No more roads that have potholes. Ben Matheon’s Southern Commuter Rail plan is another plan to help a broken Utah. By, negotiating with railroads, and building track, we can create a rail system, from St George and Cedar City to all of these small towns. It would grow your town’s economy even more, and bring in more people. And, some of these schools are getting to be quite old. Old schools aren’t bad, but newer facilities can help the learning experience for our young population. To elaborate more, I will now pass the microphone to Hurricane Mayoral candidate, Dan Sinema!

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2021, 07:51:50 PM »

TURN UTAH BLUE TOUR, PART 6

RALLY
@Main Street Park, Beaver UT

Approx. 300 attendees w/social distancing guidelines followed

Good morning Beaver!

Your town has lived on its water for its whole lifetime. From the name of the town itself, to the fact that this town was the first electrified in the state because of a hydroelectric plant, and to the best tasting water in the country, as your welcome signs proclaim.

But we need to protect that. We have all heard too many times of horror stories where water was contaminated. A friend of mine lived in Indiana for a time, many years back. He drank his tap water assuming it was safe because, well, why wouldn't you think it was? Well, had he known that a steel mill was dumping their waste into that water, he wouldn't have drank a drop. But, since it was covered up, he and others suffered horrible diseases. Types of cancer especially. He's recovered well but it's a cautionary tale. We gotta make sure our water is safe. Here in Utah we'd pass additional measures to inspect municipal water and make sure it's as safe as possible. And, here in Beaver, as good tasting as possible too.

RALLY
@Panguitch City Park, Panguitch UT

Approx. 200 attendees w/social distancing guidelines followed

Hello Panguitch!

Well, I always hate to get distracted from real, local issues like this, but it seems as if Labor has forced my hand. You all have heard what they've said, and I'll say a quick response because I honestly don't want to deal with this nonsense.

They call the DA "radical neoliberals". Perhaps if the only person in the party was my good friend and campaigning partner then the second point would be true. However he understands that his position is not the party line. DA is, at its core, a center-to-center-left party. If we were a neoliberal party, there would be no way that I, a known social democrat, would have been elected leader of the party. It is simple as that. Don't call us something we aren't.

As for the radical part, I have no idea where they get this from. Radicals can be characterized by firey, angry rhetoric. We have seen little of that in the DA campaign, aside from areas where, understandably, emotions took hold. Keeping a cool head is extremely important for any administration.

Meanwhile the First Minister continues to insult us, our voters, and pretty much everyone who doesn't have "LAB" next to their name. It's nothing other than childish at this point. The people of Utah aren’t your zombie voters, Truman. They won’t be won over with crude attacks. They’re won over with real words, and not just fluff, but words that speak straight to the people. We have them in abundance. You have a drought.

RALLY
@Bicentennial Park, Cedar City UT

Approx. 4,500 attendees w/social distancing guidelines followed

Hello Cedar City!

If you took a look at this town, you'd expect prosperity. And for many that is the case, but for a surprising amount of folks, it's not. Cedar City, sadly, has a poverty rate nearly twice that of the statewide average. Well, once again I can only say that the big parties are ignoring small towns. Oh yes, they go to them and say they've done a lot, but with all the legislation they've passed, we still see problems.

The answer is to place more power into local hands to deal with issues. It is always difficult for a town to decide what problems to tackle, because they don't have enough money. The DA plan takes a portion of the state budget and redistributes it back to communities so they can build a stable foundation. We know it works. Look at Calhoun Falls, South Carolina. Over 1/4 of the population in poverty. Schools closing and businesses forever shutting their doors. When the DA got into power, they helped raise up that town, and although progress is never immediate, we're seeing those poverty rates fall into the teens, and dropping. Local businesses are coming back (including an old pizza shop I loved in the day). We've proven ourselves elsewhere, and we'll prove ourselves again in Utah!

RALLY
@Jacob Hamblin Park, Kanab UT

Approx. 500 attendees w/social distancing guidelines followed

Hello Kanab!

Just behind us and to the your left is the county hospital. Now, I'm sure we can all agree it's doing a fine job. I also think we can all agree that we can do better. The DA small town revitalization plan gives money directly to communities to modernize their facilities. Medical, educational, whatever. That way you all can be sure that you're getting the best care and education possible, no matter where you are.

RALLY
@St. James Park, St. George UT

Approx. 5,250 attendees w/social distancing guidelines followed

HELLO ST. GEORGE!

Wow, I'm so amazed with what we've accomplished the past week. In just 6 days we visited every county in Utah. And we talked about a variety of issues, because the DA cares about a lot of things. From Logan's schools to Nephi's future railway, and from Manila's roads to Blanding's libraries. And here in St. George? We want to create a small new rail system. Just like my good friend said earlier today, Ben Matheson and our candidate for Mayor, Georgia Petersen, plan on creating a new rail system in southern Utah, albeit on a bit of a smaller scale. Yes, it is ambitious. But it's necessary, and we have the resources to do it. We just need to make sure we put those resources in the right spot!

Now, I hand over the mic to your great next Governor, BEN MATHESON!!!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2021, 08:24:19 PM »

After finishing up his Utah tour, WB took a stop in KY while waiting for results to come out.

MEET THE CANDIDATES
@Blue Holler Cafe, Mammoth Cave KY

WB and local candidates, including DA candidate for Governor Harold Cunningham (A Judge in Fayette County), met locals at the cafe and enjoyed good food while talking about the issues.

NEW AD IN UTAH
To be posted across Utah by volunteers until the end of the campaign

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2021, 09:53:22 PM »

Posted on Social Media by DA Youth

Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2021, 11:46:06 PM »

Ad aired across Utah, on local news stations such as KSL
*image of a roof falling apart*
If your roof fell apart, you would fix it, right? You wouldn’t settle for a slight bit of the roof being repaired, when you payed for the full roof replacement. Ben Matheson is the fix, and Amanda Young, is not the solution. Vote for Ben Matheson and downballot DA candidates to fix a broken Utah.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2021, 06:30:03 PM »

Campaigning in NJ

Meet the Candidates
@Sam I Am Bagels in Piscataway, NJ

WB and local candidates including Governor Baglieri met with constituents over breakfast at the small shop.

RALLY
@Durham Park, Piscataway NJ

Hello Piscataway!

Ah, I love this town. I lived here for a year and I have never really lost that year in my mind. Such great folks here.

Of course, we've had some not so great folks spreading complete lies around this state.

First off, discussing guns. Yes, we have rolled back some of the worst and most restrictive regulations, but as we've said time and time again, even in our platform, we're for reasonable and responsible gun ownership. Meanwhile Labor continues to not have their act straight. Listen to S019 and you would think that most guns would be under heavy restrictions. Listen to other folks in Labor and you hear a completely different story. It's fine to have ideological differences, but don't campaign on something your own party doesn't agree on!

Whatever idea S019 has about the DA and abortion also is clueless. When we were creating a platform for this party, we had a debate about this, and we agreed: abortion should be safe, legal, and rare, and shouldn't be restricted within the first 20 weeks.

S019 doesn't have any positive ideas for New Jersey, and I'd wager Labor doesn't either. It's just lies.

Instead, we here in the DA plan to run on our accomplishments: better trains, community help projects, and a strong COVID response. Now for the man who helped New Jersey accomplish that, Bryan Baglieri!

Door Knocking
In Piscataway NJ

WB, legislative candidates, and Governor Baglieri knocked on doors around Piscataway to spread awareness about the election and DA's goals.

Meet the Candidates
@Crown Fish and Chicken in Piscataway, NJ

WB and local candidates including Governor Baglieri met with constituents over lunch at the small shop.

RALLY
@Quibbletown Park, Piscataway NJ

Hello Quibbletown!

Just behind you is Quibbletown Middle School, where I went for a year. It was a stressful time for me because of personal circumstances. I had been relentlessly bullied at my old school, and I still had that stress. Luckily, one woman, my school counselor, helped me through, and I still keep in touch with her today. Mrs. Husbands, if you're out in the crowd here or watching this, thank you so much.

I know there's so many other stories like mine. School counselors are underappreciated. But thanks to Governor Baglieri, they aren't underpaid. Under the DA, we've seen teacher salaries as well as the salaries of school counselors go up. With more folks being able to help out worried kids, like me all those years ago, we'll see things get better. Let's make sure it stays that way. Let's re-elect Governor Baglieri.

And let's also make sure he has a mandate for more progress on this front! With me now is a man I respect so much. The one time I got bullied at Quibbletown, he was the one who stood up for me. And I returned the favor when he was getting bullied. Now, he wants to help you. Give it up for your next state Rep, Angel DeShaun!

Meet the Candidates
@Stelton Pizza in Piscataway, NJ

WB and local candidates including Governor Baglieri met with constituents over dinner at the pizza parlor.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2021, 12:14:58 AM »

AD: ROAD TO NOWHERE
Airing in SW Utah

[A car is shown driving down a state road]

[Camera shifts to a MAN in the car. "Road to Nowhere" by the Talking Heads plays lightly]

[Noises of the car breaking down are heard, the MAN becoming frustrated. He steps outside to see a WORKER painting over a sign, his body obscuring what he works on]

MAN: Hey, can ya help me out here? This hunk-a-junk broke down on me again! Damn thing's the only thing I could afford too...

WORKER: Sorry man, can't help ya.

MAN: What are you even doing?

WORKER steps aside to show that he has been painting over St. George and Cedar City on the sign.

WORKER: Just giving this sign an update is all.

[The MAN looks quizzical but shakes his head]

[The WORKER returns to painting over the sign]

MAN: Have you got a phone or something?

WORKER: Even if I did, they don't extend cell service to nowhere.

MAN: We're 10 miles out from St. George though!

WORKER: That's the old name for it.

MAN: What?

[The WORKER moves away again, Cedar City and St. George have been replaced with "NOWHERE"]

WORKER: Like I said, no cell service in nowhere.

MAN: That's insane! Cedar City's big, and St. George? It's like, 80 thousand people! Who authorized this?!

[WORKER shrugs]

WORKER: Don't blame me, I voted DA.

[Road to Nowhere grows louder as the camera zooms out]

NARRATOR: Don't let your town become "nowhere". Vote DA this month.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2021, 12:33:11 AM »

AD: Clearing the List
Airing across Utah

[A MAN is sitting at his desk, a notebook in front of him, and a bottle of white-out next to it]

[COWORKER peeks around the cubicle wall]

COWORKER: What 'cha doing?

MAN: Just correcting some records, that's all.

COWORKER: Ah, that's always boring... it's almost lunch hour if you need some help. It's taco Tuesday after all.

MAN: Nah, this won't take long.

[The MAN uncaps the bottle of white-out, about to spill it onto the page before the COWORKER grabs his hand]

COWORKER: Whoa whoa whoa! What's so unimportant that you're just gonna get rid of all of it?!

[The MAN gestures to his computer and the notebook page sadly. The camera pans to show the computer screen, simply stating "All towns below 80,000 persons are to be purged from the records. Any recent transactions with them are to be re-labeled as transactions to nowhere."]

[The camera then pans to the notebook, with a list of Utah cities by population on it]

COWORKER: Hey, hey. Don't worry. You go grab lunch, and I'll do this neatly for you, ok?

MAN: I don't know... I-

COWORKER: Shh. I know how to handle this.

[The MAN nods and leaves. The camera changes to show each town be whited out one at a time as the NARRATOR begins to speak.

Towns whited out include:
St. George, Cedar City, Brigham City, Nephi, Tooele, Washington, Heber City, Hurricane, Vernal, Pleasant View, and Ephraim]

NARRATOR: When is YOUR town going to be whited out by big party interests? Don't risk it, vote DA this month.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2021, 08:53:50 AM »

RALLY
Kanab, Utah

I AM THRILLED TO BE HERE THIS MORNING! TO FIRE Y’ALL UP TO VOTE FOR DA CANDIDATES!
Kanab would be a town that would greatly benefit from a rail link. Firstly, it would give a easy way to go to St. George or another town, like Cedar City or all the way to Parowan. I know my time seemed short, but I’m now passing the microphone to state house candidate Robin Jay!

RALLY
Alton, Utah
HELLLLOO ALTON!
We have a plan for small towns like these! A rail system to connect y’all to cities like Cedar City or St George. This helps increase population, jobs, and economic opportunities. Under the Matheson governorship, we won’t neglect towns like these! Better roads, public transit, and better farming. This race is a battle for Utah, and to fix a broken Utah. Small towns have been neglected, and farmers given empty promises. That won’t happen under Matheson leadership.

TURN UTAH BLUE TOUR, PART 6
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2021, 08:47:52 PM »

RALLY
Salt Lake City, Utah
Helloooo to all who have attended this! I want to emphasize that this is a battle for Utah. A battle for change in a broken state. And a battle for a better Utah. Expanding the FrontRunner to many cities, in the SLC area is a high priority here. The FrontRunner is an essential train service, to many in the SLC area. I also want to talk about schools here. Schools help educate our future. Building more schools is also a top priority, and more funding for schools in the state is key to repairing a broken Utah. And the Ben Matheson Governor Administration will represent all Utahns. Laborites, Federalists, Liberals, all will be represented under Matheson.

RALLY
West Valley, Utah
Hello to all who attended this rally! This is a battle for Utah. Why would you elect another Labor governor when they have just made Utah broken. Ben Matheson intends to fix the labor mess. Utah needs change. Don’t listen to those who have said that Utah isn’t broken. Look. There are underfunded schools, too large classrooms, not enough schools, and public transport not expanded. Matheson or any other DA candidate ran on false accusations or nicknames, but Labor candidates did. DA candidates are running on real issues, and real solutions to those issues. Labor has had so much time in the state governorship, and they haven’t fixed these problems. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and I understand that. But, why would you give Labor another term when they haven’t atleast created solutions to the problems that already exist!
We campaign on solutions for Utahns from Salt Lake City to Saint George, but Labor campaigns on keeping Labor control in Denver.
Utah Needs Change, and Ben Matheson is the one to lead that change.

TURN UTAH BLUE TOUR, PART 7
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2021, 08:26:08 AM »

RALLY
@Murray City Park, Murray UT

NOTE: Future Rallies will be larger as roughly half the area of each rally will be a vaccinated section. Those who bring proof of full vaccination will be seated half the distance that the non-vaccinated section does (meaning 9π square feet per attendee rather than 36π square feet)

Approx. 10,000 attendees

Hello Murray!!!

Man, I'm so happy to see that things are changing back to normal. We've got a lot of folks here today.

Of course, Utah seems to also want change! We've seen this state shift hard away from Labor! Right now, we're within the margin of error, and I am confident that we're gonna keep that momentum up!

Murray has long been called the hub of Salt Lake County. Light rail helps connect this area to the airport, the University of Utah, and thanks to the FrontRunner, all the way north to Ogden and south to Provo. But we've gotta make sure that all folks in the county can get to where they need to. That's why as a councilman, Ben Matheson proposed new lines that serve the communities directly east and west of here. From Oquirrh in the west to Cottonwood in the east. Sadly, other folks in the council didn't agree. This is something that he has said he won't interfere in as governor. But that doesn't mean we're giving up on it. That's why the downballot races matter!

Folks down the ballot like the woman running for county council in this district, Jenny Snow! Give her a warm welcome!
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2021, 08:52:33 PM »

RALLY
Provo, Utah
Helloooooo people of Provo!
Expanding the FrontRunner to here is something I want to talk about today. Expanding the FrontRunner to more cities in the salt lake area helps all of the cities in the area. Economically, population, among other things. More schools, and helping to raise pay for our teachers will also help make a better Utah. You may know, that we may have talked about trains a lot in the past days. Trains are just an essential part of public transportation. Ok, back to what I was saying about schools. Schools educate our future. The past few labor governors haven’t done enough to help our teachers, children and teachers. Utah has a problem when it comes to overcrowded schools, large class sizes and low teacher pay. Well, under the Matheson administration that WILL change. I promise. . The Help Utah Schools Plan will help our teachers, students, and schools. Don’t give Labor another term to sit in Salt Lake City, give Matheson a term to actually DO WORK in Salt Lake City.
Utah Needs Change, and Ben Matheson is the One To Lead That Change.

TURN UTAH BLUE TOUR, PART 7
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2021, 09:02:17 PM »

AD
To be aired on TV news stations such as KSL, and on Utah radio stations in an altered version. 

[NARRATOR]: Have you recently worried about your child’s class sizes?
[NARRATOR]: Studies show, that children in larger class sizes often don’t perform as well on tests as children in smaller class sizes.
[BRIEF STUDY RESULTS FLASH ON SCREEN FOR A FEW SECONDS]

[NARRATOR] You don’t want your child to be in a a large class where they can’t perform as well as a child in a smaller class size can.

[VOICES OF BEN MATHESON, BILL SHEPARD, AND STATE SENATORIAL CANDIDATE WALKER SMITH]: Vote DA this month, and you won’t have to worry about your child not performing as well as other children because of class sizes.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2021, 11:14:11 PM »

RALLY
@Oquirrh Park, Kearns UT

Approx. 11,000 attendees

Hello Kearns!

I already said this out in Murray, but damn am I glad to see things slowly getting back to normal.

But we can't just go "back to normal", because our normal is flawed. We need to take this opportunity to make some changes.

One thing the DA has long stood for is mixed-zoning. Now, some folks may say that such a thing would make the Atlasian Dream impossible. But in fact, it would make it far easier for most. Think about it. How much money do you spend to get to your workplace? Not a lot every day, but it adds up. As do the fumes your cars emit. Working, learning, shopping, everything, could be closer to home if we took this step. That saves you money, and saves the environment too. Now, the state government, of course, can't enforce something like that. But we can remove as many roadblocks as we reasonably can to ensure that localities can implement these ideas.

That's exactly what we'll do. We need to do everything we can to make life easier for all, and changing our zoning laws is one of them. With me now is a guy who's got a plan for this area, and he's running to be your next mayor! Please welcome the great Wayne Maramir! 

RALLY
@Southridge Park, Taylorsville UT

Approx. 13,000 attendees

Hello Taylorsville!

Well, I'm back at it again, talking about light rail. This is an issue I continue to stand by, and let's be honest that a lot of evidence shows that it's beneficial.

But the nearest station to here is nearly 3 miles away in West Valley City. Within walking distance, perhaps, but we can do better.

The DA plan is paving the way for the county to expand the TRAX system. We saw Councilman Matheson's proposal fail, mostly because of budgetary concerns. That's why the state government would chip in and help finance the expansion.

This is not just a bunch of track to "nowhere", but instead an investment that connects suburban areas like Taylorsville to Salt Lake City. This is something that will help tons of folks out here, and the environment too. Let's do it.

With that, here's the councilman who masterminded that expansion plan, and your next governor, Ben Matheson!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies