Who would right-wing evangelicals rather their kids have as a teacher?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:38:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  Who would right-wing evangelicals rather their kids have as a teacher?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would right-wing evangelicals rather their kids have as a teacher?
A lesbian woman

A non-LGBT topless woman

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: Who would right-wing evangelicals rather their kids have as a teacher?  (Read 1415 times)
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 22, 2020, 11:56:19 PM »

?
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 07:21:52 AM »

Is it even legal for a teacher to go to her classroom topless?
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 06:15:16 PM »

I thought this question was going to be something like "an atheist vs. a Muslim". It turns out the question was much weird than that...
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 07:16:06 PM »

I thought this question would be "Donald Trump or Jimmy Carter."
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2020, 12:10:33 AM »

Hope she sees this, OP.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2020, 06:28:59 AM »
« Edited: December 25, 2020, 06:32:06 AM by dead0man »

most evangelicals I know would have no problem with the lesbian teaching their kids in public school unless she made a big deal about it on a regular basis...which she shouldn't be doing.  I'd bet a large sum of money that there are many evangelicals in the US who know one of their kids is being taught by a lesbian and don't care.

me, I'll take the bare titties, but I'm only an ex-evangelical.

edit-the fundies would have more difficult time if a gay man was teaching their kids.  Lesbians aren't threatening to their little girls (generally), but "the f**s"?  They are threatening to their little boys.  It would be more acceptable in High School...maybe.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2020, 03:17:25 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2021, 02:58:03 AM by Kingpoleon »

most evangelicals I know would have no problem with the lesbian teaching their kids in public school unless she made a big deal about it on a regular basis...which she shouldn't be doing.  I'd bet a large sum of money that there are many evangelicals in the US who know one of their kids is being taught by a lesbian and don't care.

edit-the fundies would have more difficult time if a gay man was teaching their kids.  Lesbians aren't threatening to their little girls (generally), but "the f**s"?  They are threatening to their little boys.  It would be more acceptable in High School...maybe.
I’ve known evangelicals who were uncomfortable selling their house to lesbian women, and basically none who would be happy under those circumstances.

As is traditionally the case, yes, gay men are viewed as more sinful, in a sense.
Asenath Waite
Fulbright DNC
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2021, 11:07:02 PM »

I assumed at first that the question applied "a women who goes topless when she's not in the classroom" which I'd be inclined to think the answer to this would be. If it was a woman who went topless in the classroom I imagine they'd realize they'd accidently plugged into the hippie homeschooler network rather then the evangelical one.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2021, 03:01:07 AM »

I’ve known evangelicals who were uncomfortable selling their house to lesbian women, and basically none who would be happy under those circumstances.

As is traditionally the case, yes, gay men are viewed as more sinful, in a sense.
I feel as though I ought to clarify this. With regards to gay people, there is a general inverse of sexism which some sociologists have described as altering typical gender hierarchy. This is the case both within the group and with non gay people, in terms of perception and action.

In spite of this, gay men make more money and are half as likely to divorce as straight/lesbian couples are, promoting generally better outcomes for children. I considered writing a paper on this, but it feels a little provocative for me.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies