Israel General Elections || 23.03.2021 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:08:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel General Elections || 23.03.2021 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Israel General Elections || 23.03.2021  (Read 69603 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« on: December 22, 2020, 11:41:16 AM »

What’s happening with the Joint List? Is Ra’am going to run themselves or abstain from the election?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 11:53:39 AM »

F•••ing Islamists I swear to god.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2020, 09:21:05 PM »

What in the world is this? Is, is this real?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2020, 11:59:21 PM »

This thread is for discussing an election, please.
Is this not election related?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2020, 05:14:29 PM »

This thread is for discussing an election, please.
Is this not election related?
How is an American Marvel production have anything to do with our election?
Oh ••••, thought it was a political ad for a moment, nvm
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021, 04:41:16 PM »

How are the relations between Meretz and Joint List, both before and now what with Ra’am disaffiliating? Are there even voter blocs that these lists even compete for competitively? Out of the few Jewish voters in JL (or just Maki), how do they differ from the predominantly Jewish voter base for Meretz?

Exactly why did the previous split in Yamina happen? Honestly, a better question is what exactly divides non-sephardi Hasidics/Haredim? Are the current parties not merging due to ideological differences or due to the parties being personality outfits?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2021, 01:24:21 PM »

Bibi is Dead! Long Live Bibi!

Told y’all before, the house always wins.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2021, 02:20:33 PM »

Israel needs to just legalize weed and just go vibing. Fo-sho that will end the stress of partisanship and unite everyone.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2021, 06:11:16 PM »

I think it's amazing to see how passionate can be the discussion  on whether the leader of the National (Netanyahu) or the Conservative (Bennett) parties become PM, using the Afrikaner nationalist equivalents to Likud and Yamina. In the end, this situation of endless deadlock and election repetitions is a mere symptom of some malfunction
While you for sure are one of the best posters on here, your stance on Israel is disturbing. Especially coming from a Spaniard, a country which actively denies the right to self determination to Basques and Catalans, and doesn't recognize the right to unilateral secession (Kosovo). Why are Palestinians worthy of a state while others aren't?
Velasco has no relation to the leaders deciding that in Spain, and I fail to see the relevance in bringing up Spain with no prior discussion or tie-in to the flow of this thread.

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2021, 10:03:26 PM »

I think it's amazing to see how passionate can be the discussion  on whether the leader of the National (Netanyahu) or the Conservative (Bennett) parties become PM, using the Afrikaner nationalist equivalents to Likud and Yamina. In the end, this situation of endless deadlock and election repetitions is a mere symptom of some malfunction
While you for sure are one of the best posters on here, your stance on Israel is disturbing. Especially coming from a Spaniard, a country which actively denies the right to self determination to Basques and Catalans, and doesn't recognize the right to unilateral secession (Kosovo). Why are Palestinians worthy of a state while others aren't?

I think talking about Basque Country and Catalonia in relation to the situation of Israel-Palestine is mixing apples and oranges. I have no problem in discussing if Basques and Catalans have the right to self-determination (surely I stated my opinion on this subject more than once), but regardless what you may think, the population of these regions is not living under an oppressive military dictatorship, apartheid or colonial regime.Catalans and Basques are Spanish citizens enjoying full rights. I know, the Spanish government is contrary to the indy-ref, but even separatists live in a democratic state and are protected from abuse by the laws ruling for all. Trying to compare these realities with the situation of a stateless people submitted to a brutal military occupation -under an apartheid or a colonial regime- must be a joke, because otherwise I don't understand what are you trying to mean with your post.

I don't support unilateral seccession as a general rule (I'm in the opinion these processes must be negotiated), even though I admit the situation of Kosovo was special because of the blatant oppression by the Milosevic regime. These matters are complex. As for the Palestinians, rather than a separate state for them, I simply advocate they enjoy the same status of the Jewish Israelis. The fact the former are not allowed to do the same things the latter are permitted, is the most obvious evidence of the existence of an apartheid regime.  Do you think is disturbing that Palestinians are allowed to vote the government that rules over their lives?

Neither do the Palestinians Roll Eyes

Untrue.
No, it’s true. Since the surrender of Barghouti and Saadat, it’s clear that the leadership of the Palestinian Authority have inadvertently became the official leadership of the Israeli-recognized bantustans.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies