Slovenia Politics Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:21:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Slovenia Politics Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Slovenia Politics Megathread  (Read 2470 times)
Estrella
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)

« on: January 16, 2021, 12:07:23 PM »

I wouldn't read too much into the polling numbers, Slovenia's parties constantly experience ups and downs. For instance, SAB polled constantly below 4 % for four years until the 2018 elections, when they gained momentum at the exact right time just ahead of the vote and made it into Parliament with slight gains. Slovene polls always have a high number of undecideds and non-voters, it is really annoying the overview in Wikipedia doesn't include the 'party only' numbers.
Which is largely a reflection of the fact that only the SDS (by which we mean Janša) seems to have a significantly-sized firm core vote. It's all a bit Israeli.

And from what I read somewhere (not sure how accurate it was tho), it's for similar reasons - the society is split into two camps, there isn't a lot of voter movement within one of them or between them, but the other one is very volatile. Astatine is the resident Balkans expert here, so he'll hopefully correct me, but apparently there's a divide within Slovenian society that goes back to WW2, where people who would've supported partisans vote for liberals/left and četnik apologists vote for SDS/right.
Estrella
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 05:04:53 PM »

Might be a stupid question, but what does KUL stand for?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies