Sylvania (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:26:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Sylvania (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sylvania  (Read 4968 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 04, 2022, 04:33:20 PM »

Good work on this!

I can only imagine the massive amount of work you are putting on this.
What a beautiful project! I love fictional regions and maps. I don't think I ever tried to undertake anything remotely close to the staggering scope of this project, though.

That's incredibly kind!

I have to say, it isn't much work--my fictional states are the thing I think about when I go for walks, or take showers, or ride the bus. The challenge is translating what I have in my mind to posts.

I have to say, the exact same is true for me. I frequently imagine fake states and then start daydreaming about their state legislatures and congressional districts and sometimes counties and what not. Usually the product is a Google Doc that's taken up an hour or so of my time and which will soon be forgotten  Wink  I also sometimes come up with fake politicians who I then write fictional biographies of. I wonder if this is something anyone else does as well? (Always thought I was the only person who would do something like that.)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 04:41:27 PM »

Good work on this!

I can only imagine the massive amount of work you are putting on this.
What a beautiful project! I love fictional regions and maps. I don't think I ever tried to undertake anything remotely close to the staggering scope of this project, though.

That's incredibly kind!

I have to say, it isn't much work--my fictional states are the thing I think about when I go for walks, or take showers, or ride the bus. The challenge is translating what I have in my mind to posts.

I have to say, the exact same is true for me. I frequently imagine fake states and then start daydreaming about their state legislatures and congressional districts and sometimes counties and what not. Usually the product is a Google Doc that's taken up an hour or so of my time and which will soon be forgotten  Wink  I also sometimes come up with fake politicians who I then write fictional biographies of. I wonder if this is something anyone else does as well? (Always thought I was the only person who would do something like that.)

When I'm distracted in class I'll redraw congressional districts (usually GA/NC).

I can't do that since I can't draw their maps well at all (I do it on Districtr though). On the other hand, what I will do is doodle a random shape, call it a state, divide it into randomly-shaped congressional districts and write their CPVIs and/or election results.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies