MO-SEN 2022 (R primary) - Remington/MOScout: Blunt 43, Greitens 32
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:49:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  MO-SEN 2022 (R primary) - Remington/MOScout: Blunt 43, Greitens 32
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MO-SEN 2022 (R primary) - Remington/MOScout: Blunt 43, Greitens 32  (Read 1811 times)
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 08, 2020, 09:53:26 AM »
« edited: December 08, 2020, 09:57:29 AM by #SaveTheSenate »

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 09:57:51 AM »

Wait, Greitens is running, or mulling a run? LOL!
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 01:51:23 PM »

I think Blunt can be toppled in a primary but Greitens isn’t the guy to do it. It’s honestly remarkable how much Blunt's political career has been characterized by sheer luck (coronated as the R nominee in the 2010 Tea Party wave as a political insider involved in MO/national politics since the 1980s, riding the R wave to a big win over the Carnahan name in the general election after early polls had indicated a very competitive race, narrowly surviving the wave of anti-establishment sentiment in 2016, likely making it out of the primary in 2022 due to yet another absence of a well-funded primary challenger, and again surviving yet another general due to favorable trends/environment, etc.) in addition to obvious ambition and some skill at insider politics/negative campaigning. I still wish he’d retire, and I certainly hope that this will be his last term.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 03:09:42 PM »
« Edited: December 08, 2020, 03:15:44 PM by President Johnson »

Welcome back, Erotic Eric?!

I wonder he is even in the game after his resignation in disgrace. The guy should ne nowhere near public office.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2020, 12:46:38 PM »

D's do need a candidate, I hope Galloway gets in, Blunt does appear to be vulnerable
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2020, 01:16:58 PM »

I hope he runs, I so hope he runs omg

MDP better be paying attention! McCaskill strategy at the ready. He's Kris Kobach and Todd Akin combined, except he was never even strong to start with. Even in 2016, he underperformed Trump by 13 points.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2020, 04:08:59 PM »

Missouri probably has the two senators of the same party that their base has the most different opinions of. The Republican base is outright distasteful of Blunt even though they'll vote for him in a general, but they love Hawley. I suspect only Kentucky and Utah have comparable dynamics.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2020, 04:17:30 PM »

Missouri probably has the two senators of the same party that their base has the most different opinions of. The Republican base is outright distasteful of Blunt even though they'll vote for him in a general, but they love Hawley. I suspect only Kentucky and Utah have comparable dynamics.

Are you suggesting that Lee is more popular than Romney in Utah? At this point, I wouldn't be surprised, given the toll which Romney's conviction vote regarding Trump's impeachment has taken on his reputation with the Republican base. I have no doubts that Paul is more popular than McConnell in Kentucky-for very obvious reasons.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2020, 04:21:33 PM »

Are you suggesting that Lee is more popular than Romney in Utah? At this point, I wouldn't be surprised, given the toll which Romney's conviction vote regarding Trump's impeachment has taken on his reputation with the Republican base. I have no doubts that Paul is more popular than McConnell in Kentucky-for very obvious reasons.

Yes. Even in Utah, The Republican base really does not like Romney and could easily toss him out in a primary if he were to run again (I don't think he will).
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2020, 07:42:30 AM »

Surely if Blunt is vulnerable someone better than Greitens would run in the primary?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2020, 11:26:32 AM »

Yes. Even in Utah, The Republican base really does not like Romney and could easily toss him out in a primary if he were to run again (I don't think he will).

I don't think he'll run either, and it's true that back in 2018, Romney was unable to win the GOP Convention outright (a convention dominated by Party activists) and was forced into a primary with his opponent Mike Kennedy, which he of course won.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies