SB 22-03: Red-Green New Deal (Passed Amended Version) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:22:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 22-03: Red-Green New Deal (Passed Amended Version) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 22-03: Red-Green New Deal (Passed Amended Version)  (Read 743 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« on: December 16, 2020, 02:14:09 PM »

Aye

I would have liked to further debate and develop sections V and VI, but this is good enough I suppose
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 05:55:30 PM »

Seriously, since we can't force the states or regions to end bans or taxes on  tobacco, bags or straws then what gives the federal government the power to force the entire private sector to do this? I am serious.

Wouldn't the interstate commerce clause apply here?

Also, at least in the US/Atlasia (unlike say, here in Spain or in all of the EU actually) sales taxes are state taxes; so a tax on cigarretes or bags would fall under the state governments (or the regions in the case of Atlasia)

If you want to interfere on that, you could offer "rebates" to stores, where the federal government pays those taxes to the regions and not the consumers but it is kind of a weird and dumb policy, especially for the purposes of making tobacco cheaper.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies