Wars of the Roses (1454) - Game Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:35:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Wars of the Roses (1454) - Game Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wars of the Roses (1454) - Game Thread  (Read 1551 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« on: December 14, 2020, 07:07:10 PM »

While the Duke of Somerset acknowledges his present imprisonment in the Tower was agreed by the will of the present regent and council, he on the other hand appeals that

I The sole regency of the Duke of York is highly divisive and contestable under ancient law and precedent.
II The regent's council was far from unanimous and swayed by improper and unbecoming demonstrations of force.
III By right of Magna Carta and other universally acknowledged customs of England, every day that the appellant is held in the Tower, without trial by his peers or by combat, constitutes a stain upon the legality of the regent's rule.
IV Any trial by peers cannot in justice be presided over by the regent, long since proven the appellant's open, unrelenting and personal enemy, but should rather be headed either by the Queen's majesty, or by his grace the Duke of Buckingham, Steward of England. Or else, of course, by the appellant's gracious and natural cousin and good lord, King Henry the Sixth, whom we all pray Christ and his angels restore to good health speedily.
I & II it had a clear majority in favor of the Duke of York that was done properly
III The “imprisonment” you speak of is laughable. The King is left ill without any serious chance of coming to, and the Duke of York clearly is the successor.
IV The Queen cannot be the judge of this, as her hysteria would lead the country astray. What insanity would we thrung ourselves into if we allow a woman to hold the rule over Men, much less England

You have nothing my dear Duke of Somerset
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 06:08:42 PM »

Amazing what length of paragraphs and platitudes one can spew that mean so little in the end.

The Lancastrians need to realize that the Duke of York is doing everything right within his power, and that the constant wish to usurp power abnormally is not working for the good of England.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 02:13:31 AM »

‘The Lancastrians?’ Have a care, traitor Salisbury. It is the royal house of England, by Parliament and the consent of the realm established half a century ago, to which you refer. The house that steered England to her most glorious hours of victory, and God willing shall do so again.

Before that time, another Richard, the second of his name, that king of unfortunate memory, denied a trial by combat or peers to a far greater scion of Lancaster than I, banishing Henry of Bolingbroke and seizing upon his estates. The peers of the realm forsook him as a tyrant in consequence.
Yet today you show how far you care about the legacy of England under god by surrendering it fully to the French. Talks of the virtues of the elders past can’t be applicable to this situation, nor is the false language that we are usurpers acting outside of our right. We are ensuring the stability of England in the face of ensuring the safety of the countryside and the King in providing good governance in his absence, but some see this with envy and disturbance that they cannot forward their own interests against the crown of our Father who art in Heaven and the legitimacy it brings to England.

We only seek what is best for England, yet some of the nobility see our presence as debilitating to their own means of looting England once they seize power. Give it a rest with this insolence, and respect the way our system has provided us with stability in these uncertain times.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 02:37:43 AM »

I see that Salisbury believes he too is a regent of England, with much talk of ‘we’ and ‘us’. Open your eyes, nobles, clergy, burgesses of Parliament, to the overreaching despotism of this Neville clique!
Oh no, you take it wrong my good sir. I am but a humble believer in the legitimacy of the actions taken by the Duke of York in rightly providing stability after the king became comatose. Meanwhile you and the clique surrounding the House of Lancaster are implicit in weakening England to become a pawn to the French. How one can rationalize that as being good behavior under god is beyond most’s comprehension.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 02:46:51 AM »

You are receiving proper care to live in an expansive and secure facility. As I am hearing it, you don’t seem to appear too shabby and be as thin and calloused as a prisoner, giving you more ability to use your tongue to lash out at anyone you deem ill.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2020, 03:00:02 AM »

And you condemn me for my humility, hmph
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2020, 11:31:06 AM »

I hope you see that the Lord is in good care under my eldest son, and that you enjoy the Neville hospitality.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2020, 06:13:31 PM »

From the message you sent me, it seems as if you are held by my son. I haven’t exactly been keen on the specifics.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2020, 12:29:18 PM »

Seems as though the instability from the Kings condition has spread to the north, once quite peaceful from the instability plaguing England. Luckily, I can assure all of you here that my Eldest son, the Earl of Warwick, is quite adept to take on the job at reining in the highwaymen and villeins across England. As the Duke of York rightfully restarts effective governance throughout England, so will stability and prosperity be restored.

I would like to commemorate the Tudors from Wales for the new marriage. They have grown in importance and clout ever since they realized that their status rests in England. My Brittonic speaking brothers, I’m happy at your delight; and I hope you all continue making the right decisions.

To the new duke of Somerset, let me say that losing a father is a hard affair, especially in these circumstances. I hope for the best for you and your family in these circumstances, and hope for you to work with the rest of England in these tumultuous times.

Let us all give heed to the rightful regent of England in establishing himself across the land.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2020, 05:31:33 PM »

I concur with the king, any assistance to the Duke of Somerset or any molestation against him shall leave a reply by the House of Neville. Our doors are always open, and we are always alert.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2020, 12:09:27 AM »

Oh my, seems like the ale is getting to me again. My due apologies.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2020, 06:21:56 PM »

Excellent choice by the Regent of England, the Duke of York. The Earl of Richmond is experienced in his craft, and would be an excellent choice as Lord Chancellor.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2020, 09:02:03 AM »

I do apologize for my insolence in creating this row. In doing so, I do promise to accept any and all responsibilities and prospective punishments to help reform my tongue and drunken stupors.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2021, 03:07:10 PM »

So it seems the wives of border bandits have used their tongues to spite me and ruin the repaired relationship between the Houses of Neville and Percy? Let it be known that I only instituted a tax to protect the sanctity of trade in the North, for the benefit of England. I hope me and the Earl of Northumberland can go hand in hand in eliminating the border reveller bandits for good.

On the rebellion in County Durham, they will be pacified. I suggest all the misled men who participate there take my offers of amnesty if they disarm and surrender

On the Issue of Calais, I’ve had enough of leaving it in a precarious situation. 300 fresh recruits will join them to protect against raiding.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies