Wars of the Roses (1454) - Game Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:17:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Wars of the Roses (1454) - Game Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wars of the Roses (1454) - Game Thread  (Read 1545 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: December 14, 2020, 07:59:04 PM »

While the Duke of Somerset acknowledges his present imprisonment in the Tower was agreed by the will of the present regent and council, he on the other hand appeals that

I The sole regency of the Duke of York is highly divisive and contestable under ancient law and precedent.
II The regent's council was far from unanimous and swayed by improper and unbecoming demonstrations of force.
III By right of Magna Carta and other universally acknowledged customs of England, every day that the appellant is held in the Tower, without trial by his peers or by combat, constitutes a stain upon the legality of the regent's rule.
IV Any trial by peers cannot in justice be presided over by the regent, long since proven the appellant's open, unrelenting and personal enemy, but should rather be headed either by the Queen's majesty, or by his grace the Duke of Buckingham, Steward of England. Or else, of course, by the appellant's gracious and natural cousin and good lord, King Henry the Sixth, whom we all pray Christ and his angels restore to good health speedily.
I & II it had a clear majority in favor of the Duke of York that was done properly
III The “imprisonment” you speak of is laughable. The King is left ill without any serious chance of coming to, and the Duke of York clearly is the successor.
IV The Queen cannot be the judge of this, as her hysteria would lead the country astray. What insanity would we thrung ourselves into if we allow a woman to hold the rule over Men, much less England

You have nothing my dear Duke of Somerset

I find myself in agreement with the Earl of Salisbury. As Regent, and Protector, I serve as the executor of the King's will, and rule in his stead until such time as he is able to resume governance of the realm, and thus speak with his authority.

Moreover, as she is of French blood, the Queen cannot be trusted to act in England's interests.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 06:21:13 AM »
« Edited: December 16, 2020, 06:33:19 AM by GoTfan »

Does My Lord Duke of Somerset challenge my authority to act as Regent in the King's stead?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2020, 03:43:27 AM »

By order of the Regent,

His Grace the Duke of Somerset is hereby ordered to trial.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 04:04:46 PM »

The sins of the father are not the sins of the son.

His Grace the Duke of Somerset, in addition to the protection of His Lordship the Earl of Salisbury, may also consider himself under the protection of myself as Regent and through me, the King. Any harm that befalls him will be in defiance of the crown.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2020, 05:52:45 PM »
« Edited: December 21, 2020, 07:04:29 PM by GoTfan »

By order of the Regent,

Edmund Tudor, Earl of Richmond, is appointed Lord Chancellor of the Kingdom of England. His experience and competence will serve us well as we seek to restore stability to the realm.

We acknowledge that due to his position as the primary defender of Wales, he may be forced to send a representative in his absence.

Richard, Duke of York, Regent of England, Protector of the Realm.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2020, 07:11:20 AM »

The late Edmund Beaufort, for his faults in death, did indeed raise his sword for England against the French enemies. He is to be formally recognised as such.

I also wish to address these rumours that concern the King.

Let it be known: I have not, and never will, seek to claim the crown for myself. As Regent and Lord Protector, I act in the King's name, not as the King. To this, I now swear: I shall not ever seek the crown of England for myself.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2020, 04:00:22 PM »

The concerns of My Lord Richmond are duly acknowledged, and we welcome his father to act in his stead for the time being.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2020, 01:31:00 AM »

The Regent has a joyous announcement!

As of this day, his daughter Elizabeth is betrothed to Edmund Beaufort, brother to His Grace Duke Henry of Somerset.

As for the young Duke, he is hereby appointed Captain of Calais and charged with its defence. We have already suffered one dramatic defeat on French soil. We shall not suffer another. I give him leave to depart immediately.

May God bless his sword.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2021, 03:36:41 PM »

This insult will not go unpunished.

By the Grace of God, i intend to lead a rescue of the Duke of Somerset and then relieve Calais myself.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies