Wars of the Roses (1454) - Game Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:11:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Wars of the Roses (1454) - Game Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wars of the Roses (1454) - Game Thread  (Read 1530 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: December 15, 2020, 12:53:27 PM »

My brother, the King, has not been succeeded - the Regent acts in his stead. If the Duke seeks trial for his own cause, let him seek it. If he seeks to challenge the legitimacy of the Regency, I would advise him to remember that such a course of action will reflect poorly on his person in his own trial.

I and the Duke of Bedford are brothers of the King himself, and we recognize the authority of the Regent. If that is not good enough for legitimacy, then I must apologize that the King himself is in a state incapable of doing so publicly. If I felt that by word or by deed, any man - my father or brother, the Duke of York, the Archbishop of Canterbury, anyone - had assumed the King’s power wrongly, my sword would be the first at his breast. Do not accuse the Regent of treason or treachery, unless you wish to accuse me and my house of being complicit with it.

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 05:41:29 PM »

After having heard the cause of the House of Beaufort, I must ask the Regent to allow his son and wife to visit the Duke of Somerset. I am first among the lords of Wales, and first among those loyal to the Regent on behalf of the King. If the Regent does refuse it, then I ask permission for myself and a guest of my choice to visit the Duke. The circumstances and treatment of any imprisoned noble are first among the concerns of all those who are as loyal to the King’s Justice as we are to the King himself.

This is my petition, Lord Regent. I implore you to hear it and grant it if possible.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 02:34:10 PM »

My father, the Lord Owen Tudor, shall act as Lord Chancellor on my behalf while I finish my first job in Wales. I accept this appointment, though I must bring my previous station to a point of transition before accepting it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies