Who do you think the greatest american is?How about for other nationalities (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:18:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Who do you think the greatest american is?How about for other nationalities (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who do you think the greatest american is?How about for other nationalities  (Read 1995 times)
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« on: December 11, 2020, 04:59:29 PM »

The greatest Italian is Giuseppe Garibaldi (normal, patriot)
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 07:43:22 PM »

For the record, the Italian version of the contest found Leonardo da Vinci to be the greatest Italian, which is both unsurprising and a great choice.
However I am not inclined to take it particularly seriously because they put f!cking LAURA PAUSINI (who barely belongs in a list of the greatest Italian pop singers, let alone the greatest Italians) in sixth place, ahead of people like Dante Alighieri, Caravaggio, Enrico Fermi, and the very Garibaldi (actually Garibaldi didn't even make the final 12, which is criminal).
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 10:38:36 AM »

Since I have realized that the almost all of the people I can think of for the top spots are male, I will make an honourable mention to Tina Anselmi, who is likely unknown or "just a politician" to 90% of Italians, but who was the first woman to hold a Ministry, a leader in the promotion of gender equality, and was the Minister of Health when our National Health Service was introduced and the main author of the law which created it. If Canadians simp so hard for Tommy Douglas, we should take the time to simp a little for Tina Anselmi.

Of course she is far from the only woman who belongs on the list. I mentioned her because she seems profoundly underrated, even compared to other politicians.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 07:06:25 AM »

I guess nowadays King Juan Carlos would be nowhere to be seen, Prince Felipe would be lower, if he made it at all and González would not make the top 10. I suppose Saint Teresa may not make it either since religion is weaker now. Adolfo Suárez probably still makes it though, his legacy is viewed more critically but still viewed quite positively. Finally I guess since Columbus' legacy is viewed more negatively these days he might not make it but who knows, maybe the #woke voices are too loud and have less relevance irl and he makes it but in a lower position.

Ramón y Cajal, Picasso, Cervantes would easily make it again.

In their replacement, I suppose Spain might add some more artists, though I guess my countrymen would disappoint me and instead add footballers or something.

Cristoforo Colombo, heretically called Cristóbal Colón by you people, does not belong in a list of Spanish people at all. (sane, normal, Italian)
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2021, 07:09:35 AM »

I guess nowadays King Juan Carlos would be nowhere to be seen, Prince Felipe would be lower, if he made it at all and González would not make the top 10. I suppose Saint Teresa may not make it either since religion is weaker now. Adolfo Suárez probably still makes it though, his legacy is viewed more critically but still viewed quite positively. Finally I guess since Columbus' legacy is viewed more negatively these days he might not make it but who knows, maybe the #woke voices are too loud and have less relevance irl and he makes it but in a lower position.

In their replacement, I suppose Spain might add some more artists, though I guess my countrymen would disappoint me and instead add footballers or something.

Cristoforo Colombo, heretically called Cristóbal Colón by you people, does not belong in a list of Spanish people at all. (sane, normal, Italian)
Nobody expects the Italian inquisition.

I am the Italian Inquisition, apparently.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2021, 10:05:41 AM »

he doesn't belong on the Italian or American one either

Of the greatest? No, I agree. But I was talking about a list of people in general, and he obviously belongs to the list of Italian people.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2021, 10:10:19 AM »

Of the greatest? No, I agree. But I was talking about a list of people in general, and he obviously belongs to the list of Italian people.
yes, take him so none of the rest of us have to Smiley

Very good reasoning Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies