Special Election megathread (4/30: NY-26)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:06:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Special Election megathread (4/30: NY-26)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 112
Author Topic: Special Election megathread (4/30: NY-26)  (Read 135580 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: May 28, 2021, 06:22:48 PM »

In my case, I think it was more that I foolishly assumed the Cuyahoga County Dems might have there act together for once and that I didn’t anticipate Turner reinventing herself as an establishmentarian (props to her for pulling that off btw Tongue

It helps to have enormous amounts of money.  Funny how people all over the country are donating tons of cash to Turner so she can use it to distance herself from them and lie to voters that she was never really one of them.

[credit: Tenor]

No one cares that Turner is going to win the primary Roll Eyes

Damn, all these coping red avatars could've fooled me.

Please cite
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #351 on: May 29, 2021, 10:57:12 AM »

Here's the full footage of the incident, Brown misgendered her friend several times:

Yes, her "friend."
Biden 2024
wolfentoad66
Norfolk Island

« Reply #352 on: June 01, 2021, 08:46:00 AM »

Gonna be a landslide.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #353 on: June 01, 2021, 08:53:41 AM »

Here's the full footage of the incident, Brown misgendered her friend several times:

I don't think this was purposefully transphobic but it was really stupid.

Like she says "transgender woman" and "him" within a second. How do you even do that without thinking that something doesn't click here?
Duke of York

« Reply #354 on: June 02, 2021, 05:48:14 PM »

Is any Republican running in the primary or will the general election be unopposed? I know this is a safe Democratic district but I hate to see general elections be unopposed.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #355 on: June 02, 2021, 06:05:29 PM »

Is Nina Turner actually behaving better now though? She was totally Susan Sarandon far left nonsense before this year.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #356 on: June 02, 2021, 06:48:48 PM »

Nina Turner becoming the frontrunner in this district has been one of the weirdest Democratic House primary developments in awhile.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #357 on: June 02, 2021, 08:54:55 PM »

Nina Turner becoming the frontrunner in this district has been one of the weirdest Democratic House primary developments in awhile.

Not really, she’s been the front runner from the beginning
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #358 on: June 02, 2021, 09:49:42 PM »

Safe D
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #359 on: June 02, 2021, 10:38:25 PM »

Is Nina Turner actually behaving better now though? She was totally Susan Sarandon far left nonsense before this year.

"Behaving better..." I don't even get why you would care or be involved in politics if you're number one issue is a candidate's tone lol
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #360 on: June 03, 2021, 12:55:17 AM »

"Behaving better..." I don't even get why you would care or be involved in politics if you're number one issue is a candidate's tone lol

Turner's entire persona is being an obnoxious, conspiracy-addled asshole though.  If you take that away (her "tone") what does she bring to the table?

People like her because she's obnoxious and rude to people they dislike, and because she says crazy
 things that validate their conspiratorial belief system.  That's really all there is to it.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #361 on: June 03, 2021, 01:00:50 AM »

Turner's entire persona is being an obnoxious, conspiracy-addled asshole though.  If you take that away (her "tone") what does she bring to the table?

People like her because she's obnoxious and rude to people they dislike, and because she says crazy
 things that validate their conspiratorial belief system.  That's really all there is to it.
She's gonna be in Congresssss and you're gonna be soooo maaaadddddd
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #362 on: June 03, 2021, 04:38:19 AM »

People like her because she's obnoxious and rude to people they dislike, and because she says crazy things that validate their conspiratorial belief system.  That's really all there is to it.

[credit: Tenor]
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #363 on: June 03, 2021, 05:12:07 AM »

I didn't mean tone, I meant her not being crazy anymore
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #364 on: June 03, 2021, 05:16:00 AM »

Don't worry, they have corrupt neoliberal training when she gets to Congress.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #365 on: June 03, 2021, 06:24:51 AM »

You totally would've voted for Trump if Bernie had won the nomination lol. Just sad.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #366 on: June 03, 2021, 08:09:16 PM »

You guys are hilarious. You act like she and her supporters are irrational, and then when backed into a corner as to why you would think that, what's your argument: "She's a meanie!" "Crazy lady bad!" Meanwhile, you insult her supporters far more grievously than I ever heard her insult anybody.

People like her because they think that our for-profit healthcare system is a joke. They like her because they think support for an apartheid gov't under the name of "freedom" is insanity. They like her because voting for Joe Biden was kinda like eating dog s***, except that when somebody eats dog s*** they don't have to worry that it will result in a 4 degree celsius temperature increase that will permanently ruin their lives. People like her for substantive reasons, meanwhile all you have to say negative about her is heavily subjective, emotional, and personal.
Duke of York

« Reply #367 on: June 03, 2021, 08:25:17 PM »

No Republican is running in the general election so obviously safe d.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #368 on: June 03, 2021, 08:49:28 PM »

No Republican is running in the general election so obviously safe d.

I'd say Likely Turner.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #369 on: June 03, 2021, 10:25:26 PM »

Turner's entire persona is being an obnoxious, conspiracy-addled asshole though.  If you take that away (her "tone") what does she bring to the table?

things that validate their conspiratorial belief system.  That's really all there is to it.

You guys are hilarious. You act like she and her supporters are irrational, and then when backed into a corner as to why you would think that, what's your argument: "She's a meanie!" "Crazy lady bad!" Meanwhile, you insult her supporters far more grievously than I ever heard her insult anybody.

People like her because they think that our for-profit healthcare system is a joke. They like her because they think support for an apartheid gov't under the name of "freedom" is insanity. They like her because voting for Joe Biden was kinda like eating dog s***, except that when somebody eats dog s*** they don't have to worry that it will result in a 4 degree celsius temperature increase that will permanently ruin their lives. People like her for substantive reasons, meanwhile all you have to say negative about her is heavily subjective, emotional, and personal.

I don't agree with everything Turner says, but as I've said on here before, there has traditionally tended to be a negative view of blacks who "speak their minds", especially if they happen to be in positions of authority or involved in politics.
TrumpBritt24
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #370 on: June 03, 2021, 10:27:22 PM »

Turner dominates both the primary and general. I get to watch Atlas Dems rage while Congress becomes one member more populist; win-win.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #371 on: June 04, 2021, 01:52:03 PM »

Turner dominates both the primary and general. I get to watch Atlas Dems rage while Congress becomes one member more populist; win-win.

Who's raging?  Do you see me raging or crying about Ilhan Omar or Rashida Tlaib or Cori Bush?

They're terrible people (especially Omar).  They're really f---ing obnoxious.  They're breathtakingly arrogant.  They lie constantly.  They say insane things on a weekly basis.  They are embarrassing to the party.  They are embarrassing to those who have to constantly rationalize and defend their stupid statements.  They constantly kneecap our candidates by providing the Republican Party with a paintbrush of stupidity and awfulness which is then used to tar our whole party.

That's not "rage", that's just the truth.  If a blue avatar was on here talking about how horrible and embarrassing Matt Gaetz is, that's not "raging", that's just the truth.  The problem is that so many self-proclaimed "progressives" have turned their movement into little more than a set of personality cults united behind a sophomoric purity test.  They get obsessed with these candidates and buy into this notion that they're going to save America, when really all they're doing is advancing their own careers and raking in cash by repeating the same dozen or so talking points you can hear from a million different leftist pundits a thousand times a day.  None of them have, or ever will, accomplish anything of note other than making themselves rich and famous.

And yet so many "progressives" worship them.  Why?  Because they go around passionately attacking Democrats and repeating your favorite talking points, and because you see a lot of your friends worshipping them.  That's all there is too it.

Nina Turner is just another drop in the bucket.  Nobody is "afraid" of your movement.  Their self-promotional theatrics and arrogance would be eye-rolling if there wasn't so much collateral political damage involved.  And of course there's also the risk that if our majority shrinks enough, a small band of 5-6 crazy people could unite to become the House's version of Joe Manchin and pull aggravating political stunts anytime their fundraising needs a boost, like refusing to vote for a reconciliation package unless Pelosi holds a vote on an official Congressional endorsement of Hamas, or whatever the politically suicidal cause of the week is.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #372 on: June 04, 2021, 02:41:09 PM »

Who's raging?  Do you see me raging or crying about Ilhan Omar or Rashida Tlaib or Cori Bush?

Yes, literally all the time. You're doing it right now.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #373 on: June 04, 2021, 02:42:20 PM »

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #374 on: June 04, 2021, 03:18:54 PM »

As I said.  It's almost entirely about repeating a dozen talking points and irritating people you don't like.  The entire movement is extremely juvenile and very similar to the Republicans who worship Marjorie Taylor Greene because "she makes liberals cry."

Of course nobody's actually crying but you have to convince yourself we are because otherwise what's the point?  It's analogous to a little kid throwing a temper tantrum in the mall.  The mother's reaction is just eye-rolling and irritation, and that would be it if it was in private, but in public there's some anxiety over how other people will perceive her for allowing her child to behave in such a way.  That doesn't mean the child has anything to be proud of.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 112  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies