Special Election megathread (4/30: NY-26)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:50:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Special Election megathread (4/30: NY-26)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 112
Author Topic: Special Election megathread (4/30: NY-26)  (Read 135507 times)
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: May 10, 2021, 03:30:08 PM »

Both State Representative Allison Russo and Franklin County Auditor Michael Stinziano have filed for OH-15. I like them both, but Stinziano doesn’t live in the district and it is already a challenge for the Democrat to be from Franklin County. As an OH-15 voter, I will be supporting Russo in the primary.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #326 on: May 10, 2021, 03:54:01 PM »

Both State Representative Allison Russo and Franklin County Auditor Michael Stinziano have filed for OH-15. I like them both, but Stinziano doesn’t live in the district and it is already a challenge for the Democrat to be from Franklin County. As an OH-15 voter, I will be supporting Russo in the primary.

Russo is a very strong candidate...just not for this district Tongue  She’s a definite over-performer, but unless it’s for raising name ID, I don’t know why she’s running.  I don’t know why Stinziano is considering running here though.  I like him, but that’d be a slaughter.
user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #327 on: May 10, 2021, 08:28:08 PM »

Russo is a very strong candidate...just not for this district Tongue  She’s a definite over-performer, but unless it’s for raising name ID, I don’t know why she’s running.  I don’t know why Stinziano is considering running here though.  I like him, but that’d be a slaughter.

Good chance to run to increase name ID in case they want to run for congress in '22 under the new lines. Never know what a new district around Columbus may look like that could be promising for one of them.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #328 on: May 10, 2021, 08:48:51 PM »

Good chance to run to increase name ID in case they want to run for congress in '22 under the new lines. Never know what a new district around Columbus may look like that could be promising for one of them.
I do think it would be hard to crack both Columbus and Cleveland again and keep it sustainable.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #329 on: May 11, 2021, 09:00:57 AM »

Sure you do. You said why in the preceding clause. Plus, given the timing of the election, nothing stops her from running for this and then running for re-election in 2022. There’s nothing to lose.
sguberman
United States

« Reply #330 on: May 26, 2021, 03:42:22 PM »

Ok I been wondering this for a few days now where are Brown does well and where Turner does well

I guessed Brown would do better in the suburbs and Akron for some reason while Turner does better in Cleveland and liberal areas
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #331 on: May 26, 2021, 05:46:16 PM »

Turner will do worst in the Jewish parts of the district, so in and around Shaker Heights.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #332 on: May 26, 2021, 06:00:55 PM »

In my case, I think it was more that I foolishly assumed the Cuyahoga County Dems might have there act together for once and that I didn’t anticipate Turner reinventing herself as an establishmentarian (props to her for pulling that off btw Tongue

It helps to have enormous amounts of money.  Funny how people all over the country are donating tons of cash to Turner so she can use it to distance herself from them and lie to voters that she was never really one of them.

[credit: Tenor]
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #333 on: May 26, 2021, 07:37:23 PM »

In my case, I think it was more that I foolishly assumed the Cuyahoga County Dems might have there act together for once and that I didn’t anticipate Turner reinventing herself as an establishmentarian (props to her for pulling that off btw Tongue

It helps to have enormous amounts of money.  Funny how people all over the country are donating tons of cash to Turner so she can use it to distance herself from them and lie to voters that she was never really one of them.

No one cares that Turner is going to win the primary Roll Eyes
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #334 on: May 26, 2021, 08:03:43 PM »

Uh huh.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #335 on: May 26, 2021, 08:10:22 PM »

Why in the hell is the special election not till November?
Pink Panther

« Reply #336 on: May 26, 2021, 08:15:50 PM »

Questionable election laws
Terlylane
United States

« Reply #337 on: May 26, 2021, 08:19:53 PM »

Nina Turner is so awful. We really don’t need another squad member.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #338 on: May 26, 2021, 09:43:18 PM »

Questionable election laws

They're not that questionable. A six-month vacancy to allow for actual campaigning is much better than forcing an election down the voters' throats before candidates have the chance to get their sh*t together.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #339 on: May 27, 2021, 05:03:21 AM »

she's even worse IMO. at least the squad supported Biden. Turner literally tried to pull the 'lesser of two evils' card
Duke of York

« Reply #340 on: May 27, 2021, 06:58:02 AM »

Is the special election going to be contested or is the primary the only election?
Terlylane
United States

« Reply #341 on: May 27, 2021, 09:23:12 AM »

she's even worse IMO. at least the squad supported Biden. Turner literally tried to pull the 'lesser of two evils' card
From what I can tell, she voted Jill Stein in 2016, and said while she would vote Biden, it would feel like “eating only half a bowl of s***.”
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #342 on: May 27, 2021, 09:40:12 AM »

It helps to have enormous amounts of money.  Funny how people all over the country are donating tons of cash to Turner so she can use it to distance herself from them and lie to voters that she was never really one of them.

Damn, all these coping red avatars could've fooled me.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #343 on: May 27, 2021, 10:47:46 AM »

Shontel Brown misgendered a transgender individual throughout a forum held by the Cleveland Stonewall Democrats yesterday, and, uh, lol.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #344 on: May 27, 2021, 11:22:45 AM »

Shontel Brown misgendered a transgender individual throughout a forum held by the Cleveland Stonewall Democrats yesterday, and, uh, lol.

Clearly a very serious candidate
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #345 on: May 27, 2021, 11:32:01 AM »

Well there goes the LGBT vote, though they were probably gonna vote for Nina anyways.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #346 on: May 27, 2021, 12:40:53 PM »

Well there goes the LGBT vote, though they were probably gonna vote for Nina anyways.
[/quote

Honestly not necessarily. A pretty sizeable chunk of LGBTQ people voted for Warren over Bernie in the primary. We lean far-left but it's just a lean. She will definitely damage her candidacy with this, although I've always been pretty skeptical
prag_prog
United States

« Reply #347 on: May 27, 2021, 02:35:37 PM »

There was a meltdown yesterday on twitter among Centrist/Center-Left Dems when someone reported that Katie Porter is endorsing Turner
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #348 on: May 28, 2021, 07:54:37 AM »

Honestly, I wouldn’t have bet on it. LGBT voters who attend sanctioned Stonewall Democrats events are the same sort who supported Pete Buttigieg out of identity politics before dropping out of the primary.
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #349 on: May 28, 2021, 12:25:27 PM »

Here's the full footage of the incident, Brown misgendered her friend several times:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 112  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies