MO-SEN 2022 (R primary) - Remington/MOScout: Blunt 43, Greitens 32 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:23:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  MO-SEN 2022 (R primary) - Remington/MOScout: Blunt 43, Greitens 32 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MO-SEN 2022 (R primary) - Remington/MOScout: Blunt 43, Greitens 32  (Read 1825 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« on: December 15, 2020, 04:17:30 PM »

Missouri probably has the two senators of the same party that their base has the most different opinions of. The Republican base is outright distasteful of Blunt even though they'll vote for him in a general, but they love Hawley. I suspect only Kentucky and Utah have comparable dynamics.

Are you suggesting that Lee is more popular than Romney in Utah? At this point, I wouldn't be surprised, given the toll which Romney's conviction vote regarding Trump's impeachment has taken on his reputation with the Republican base. I have no doubts that Paul is more popular than McConnell in Kentucky-for very obvious reasons.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 11:26:32 AM »

Missouri probably has the two senators of the same party that their base has the most different opinions of. The Republican base is outright distasteful of Blunt even though they'll vote for him in a general, but they love Hawley. I suspect only Kentucky and Utah have comparable dynamics.

Are you suggesting that Lee is more popular than Romney in Utah? At this point, I wouldn't be surprised, given the toll which Romney's conviction vote regarding Trump's impeachment has taken on his reputation with the Republican base. I have no doubts that Paul is more popular than McConnell in Kentucky-for very obvious reasons.

Yes. Even in Utah, The Republican base really does not like Romney and could easily toss him out in a primary if he were to run again (I don't think he will).

I don't think he'll run either, and it's true that back in 2018, Romney was unable to win the GOP Convention outright (a convention dominated by Party activists) and was forced into a primary with his opponent Mike Kennedy, which he of course won.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies