Sean Patrick Maloney will chair the DCCC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 09:26:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Sean Patrick Maloney will chair the DCCC
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Sean Patrick Maloney will chair the DCCC  (Read 1775 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 03, 2020, 05:08:33 PM »

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/12/03/dccc-elect-sean-patrick-maloney-442576

Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney was elected Thursday to lead the House Democrats’ campaign arm, charged with steering the caucus through an exceedingly perilous midterm with their control of the chamber on the line.

Maloney, who represents a New York battleground district, defeated Rep. Tony Cárdenas (D-Calif.) in a hard-fought — and closely watched — contest to lead the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. He will take on the task of shielding a slim majority in the first two years of a new Democratic president and under a new set of district lines drawn in large part by Republicans.

The New York Democrat will succeed Rep. Cheri Bustos (D-Ill.), who oversaw one of the caucus’s most successful fundraising cycles but fell victim to her own expectation-setting and failed to predict the turnout wave from President Donald Trump that crushed Democrats' hopes of an ambitious electoral map that included Texas and even Alaska.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 05:17:07 PM »

Bustos 2.0

Cárdenas was the better pick
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 05:37:46 PM »

Bustos 2.0

Reading through SPM's pitch, it sounds like he's the anti-Bustos:

During his interview, Maloney said, "I think that consultant ban needs to be completely re-examined, because it has had unintended consequences, even as we should always reassert the principle of defending our own members."

He also wants Democrats to move away from the "flawed" polling they've used over the last few cycles and shift to emphasize qualitative analysis through more focus groups, voter interviews and "quicker, cheaper, better" digital surveys.

“When I look at the amount of money that the major committees on both sides and independent groups deployed this cycle, I think there must be a big room in Washington somewhere where they bring big bags of money and burn it. Because I don't know what the hell anybody got out of it,” Maloney said. 

“We have been seduced by this notion that big money and big TV wins elections, and I just don't see the evidence for that,” he added.
https://www.axios.com/democrat-campaign-committeee-patrick-maloney-5f737496-6cb2-4ea2-bb01-786ac44fced0.html
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/526973-maloney-vows-to-overhaul-a-campaign-machine-stuck-in-the-past

Definitely wants to reform how things are done in the DCCC in ways that will likely lead to future success. He's even giving out an olive branch to the left of the party.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 06:20:23 PM »

Bustos 2.0

brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2020, 06:39:40 PM »

Bustos 2.0

During his interview, Maloney said, "I think that consultant ban needs to be completely re-examined, because it has had unintended consequences, even as we should always reassert the principle of defending our own members."

He also wants Democrats to move away from the "flawed" polling they've used over the last few cycles and shift to emphasize qualitative analysis through more focus groups, voter interviews and "quicker, cheaper, better" digital surveys.

“When I look at the amount of money that the major committees on both sides and independent groups deployed this cycle, I think there must be a big room in Washington somewhere where they bring big bags of money and burn it. Because I don't know what the hell anybody got out of it,” Maloney said.  

“We have been seduced by this notion that big money and big TV wins elections, and I just don't see the evidence for that,” he added.
https://www.axios.com/democrat-campaign-committeee-patrick-maloney-5f737496-6cb2-4ea2-bb01-786ac44fced0.html
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/526973-maloney-vows-to-overhaul-a-campaign-machine-stuck-in-the-past

Definitely wants to reform how things are done in the DCCC in ways that will likely lead to future success. He's even giving out an olive branch to the left of the party.

I'm glad Maloney is at least cognizant of the issues Cárdenas & others have raised, but I hope it's not just bluster. Let's see if/when the primary-consultant blacklist ends, for one thing.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2020, 09:46:16 PM »

Maloney is an awful pol, but if he ends the blacklist policy that easily makes him preferable to Bustos.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2020, 09:48:35 PM »

Lmao, y'all really think Tony Cardenas...lol, I can't.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2020, 09:50:02 PM »

The best pols for chairs IMO are probably former swing seat pols that are now in Safe areas. Think  like Wexton/Crow or someone like Schneider/ Scott Peters.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2020, 09:51:44 PM »

The best pols for chairs IMO are probably former swing seat pols that are now in Safe areas. Think  like Wexton/Crow or someone like Schneider/ Scott Peters.

Trendriders are not inherently more well-eqipped to usher in new members.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2020, 09:53:35 PM »

Trendriders are not inherently more well-eqipped to usher in new members.

Sure but they actually did have to run swing races earlier. Obviously don't pick someone lazy like Gerry Connally but there are still decent options.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2020, 10:17:08 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2020, 10:26:27 PM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

Maloney is an awful pol, but if he ends the blacklist policy that easily makes him preferable to Bustos.

I wouldn't count on some No Labels moderate hero to stop blacklisting progressives.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2021, 03:36:00 AM »

I wouldn't count on some No Labels moderate hero to stop blacklisting progressives.

FWIW:

brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2021, 04:35:46 AM »

FWIW:

https://twitter.com/allymutnick/status/1369291431748247554

Credit where credit's due (not that jfern is the type to give credit where it's due), this was a ridiculous rule that was undermining the success of the party across the board.

Bustos 2.0

[snip]

I'm glad Maloney is at least cognizant of the issues Cárdenas & others have raised, but I hope it's not just bluster. Let's see if/when the primary-consultant blacklist ends, for one thing.

Evidently, not bluster. Thank you, SPM.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2021, 09:18:14 AM »

Generic ballot is D plus 8 that is a wave, especially since the Selzer poll coming out showing weakness for Grassley since Reynoldds passed those voting restrictions
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2021, 09:24:10 PM »

Generic ballot is D plus 8 that is a wave, especially since the Selzer poll coming out showing weakness for Grassley since Reynoldds passed those voting restrictions

what are you talking about?
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2021, 11:10:55 AM »

No one knows. OC never makes competent, coherent, dramatically correct posts.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2021, 11:17:54 AM »

I fear us humans will never reach his level intelligence wise.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2021, 12:53:07 PM »

It takes one to know one this is a free website not school, just like Rs keep believing and make incoherent post about winning states like NV, AZ and NH and PA and WI that they won't win
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2021, 12:58:12 PM »

S019 is a Republican disguised as a Dem I forgot just like Progressive Moderate is

Who gave me an infraction not YE, on a post that was reasonable
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2021, 01:08:49 PM »

S019 is a Republican disguised as a Dem I forgot just like Progressive Moderate is

Who gave me an infraction not YE, on a post that was reasonable

News flash, I haven't been a Republican in over a year, also as much as I disagree with your prediction that's not what I was commenting on, I was commenting on the fact that your post is not germane to the topic of SPM as DCCC Chair.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2022, 03:47:17 PM »

Bustos 2.0

Butso won her seat, but house democrats massively underperformed expectations

Maloney lost his seat, but house democrats massively overperforrmed expectations
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2022, 03:48:56 PM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2022, 04:26:50 PM »

Bustos 2.0

Butso won her seat, but house democrats massively underperformed expectations

Maloney lost his seat, but house democrats massively overperforrmed expectations

We are gonna win back NY-17/19 FL  13, VA 2 and Garcia seat if he wins I'm 24 Gillibrand is on the ballot don't sweat it and she has won landslides

OH 1/13 are vulnerable but Brown is on the ballot
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2022, 04:48:17 PM »

Bustos 2.0

Hey hey hey

New York Dems.

Hire me.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2022, 10:06:59 PM »

I remember people posting exactly this in 2020 but with it edited to say "beat Trump" instead of "do it" and with the faces of all the Ds who lost House seats on the last panel
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies