RMG GA-SEN : GOP leads by 4, also republicans appear to be more mobilised than democrats
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:25:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  RMG GA-SEN : GOP leads by 4, also republicans appear to be more mobilised than democrats
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RMG GA-SEN : GOP leads by 4, also republicans appear to be more mobilised than democrats  (Read 1822 times)
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 03, 2020, 05:41:27 AM »
« edited: December 03, 2020, 05:55:24 AM by Frenchrepublican »

'' With Joe Biden as President-elect, 46% of Georgia voters believe it is more important to have Republicans control the Senate to serve as a check on the president. However, a Political IQ survey found that 42% take the opposite view. They think it is more important for Democrats to control the Senate so they can work with the president.

The survey, conducted by Scott Rasmussen, found that 7% say it doesn’t matter and 4% are not sure.

In a separate, open-ended question, 7% of voters said their top issue was to keep Republican control of the Senate. Three percent (3%) said winning control for the Democrats was their primary motivation. Further results from the open-ended question will be released later this week.

On a partisan basis, 15% of Independent voters say it doesn’t really matter. So do 8% of Democrats and 3% of Republicans.

These results are based upon a sample of 1,377 “Likely Voters.” For purposes of this survey, likely voters were defined as those who say they are at least somewhat likely to vote. Seventy-nine percent (79%) of the respondents said they will definitely vote. Twelve percent (12%) are very likely to vote while 8% are just somewhat likely to participate.

At this moment, the January 5 election appears to be very competitive and is likely to come down to voter turnout. Eighty-four percent (84%) of Republicans say they will definitely vote. So do 80% of Democrats and 69% of unaffiliated voters.

Among those who will definitely vote, 49% want Republican control of the Senate while 41% want to see the Democrats in charge.

In terms of its impact on their own life, 74% rate the run-off elections as Very Important. That assessment comes from 82% of Republicans, 76% of Democrats, and 55% of unaffiliated voters.

Older voters are more likely than others to see the election as Very Important and to say they will definitely vote. ,,

Link :
http://politicaliq.com/2020/12/01/46-of-georgia-voters-want-gop-to-control-senate-42-want-dems/

VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 05:48:43 AM »

Political IQ will release one more survey of the race in mid-December.

http://politicaliq.com/2020/12/01/46-of-georgia-voters-want-gop-to-control-senate-42-want-dems/
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 06:05:56 AM »

Rs are favored but upsets are possible, also Obama with Reverand Wright is staying away from campaigning with Warnock and GA
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 07:16:36 AM »

That's unfortunate. The Democrats are completely and totally failing at messaging. If the Democrats don't win both runoffs, then 2022 will be an even bigger red wave, and Trump is sure to win in 2024.
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2020, 07:42:09 AM »

Did they really not bother polling the actual senate candidates?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2020, 08:23:04 AM »

That's unfortunate. The Democrats are completely and totally failing at messaging. If the Democrats don't win both runoffs, then 2022 will be an even bigger red wave, and Trump is sure to win in 2024.
K.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2020, 08:35:23 AM »

Don’t care about polls here
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2020, 08:32:01 AM »

There's no logic behind this. If anything, a tiny Democratic Senate majority will anger Republicans more and cause more of an uproar in 2022/24.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2020, 10:09:46 AM »

Ossoff 48
Perdue 47

Warnock 48
Loeffler 46

Nov 19-24. 1377 likely voters, MOE +/- 2.6%. Link to the report. Virtual tie, GOP does not lead.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2020, 10:22:51 AM »

Much more realistic than the SUSA poll. Party affiliation is R 39/D 39/I 21.

Favorables:

Perdue: 51/43 (+9)
Warnock: 50/42 (+8)
Ossoff: 50/44 (+6)
Loeffler: 47/45 (+2)

Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2020, 11:21:24 AM »

If PPP were polling in this race we could count on them to poll the favorables of Attila the Hun for a comparison.
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2020, 03:36:23 PM »

Ossoff 48
Perdue 47

Warnock 48
Loeffler 46

Nov 19-24. 1377 likely voters, MOE +/- 2.6%. Link to the report. Virtual tie, GOP does not lead.

This is by far the most plausible poll I have seen of the runoffs so far, not because of who is ahead/behind, but simply because there is not an unrealistically large difference between the two races.
forsythvoter

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2020, 04:28:05 PM »

Is there a particular reason why folks seem to think a decisive slice of the electorate won't be willing to split their tickets on these elections? It doesn't seem like an unreasonable option to moderate voters.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2020, 04:43:00 PM »

Is there a particular reason why folks seem to think a decisive slice of the electorate won't be willing to split their tickets on these elections? It doesn't seem like an unreasonable option to moderate voters.

But I just don't get it. What makes Perdue better than Loeffler?
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2020, 04:44:32 PM »

He’s in touch with the suburbs. Unlike Loeffler, he understands those people.
forsythvoter

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2020, 05:00:51 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2020, 05:37:56 PM by forsythvoter »

For me the Loeffler race is the easier one to defect from my normal down-ballot voting pattern (pre-Trump, I was a pretty strong R on most races) because it's only a 2 year term and I can see if I approve of Warnock's votes in 2022.

Also, Loeffler's side is the one that's pushing the Trump lost because of election fraud angle particularly hard on TV. It's really frankly been pretty revolting to the point that I just cannot vote for her in the runoff.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2020, 11:51:09 AM »

For me the Loeffler race is the easier one to defect from my normal down-ballot voting pattern (pre-Trump, I was a pretty strong R on most races) because it's only a 2 year term and I can see if I approve of Warnock's votes in 2022.

Also, Loeffler's side is the one that's pushing the Trump lost because of election fraud angle particularly hard on TV. It's really frankly been pretty revolting to the point that I just cannot vote for her in the runoff.

Are you voting Ossoff/Warnock or Perdue/Warnock?
forsythvoter

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2020, 01:48:28 PM »

Are you voting Ossoff/Warnock or Perdue/Warnock?

Warnock is the only one I've decided on so far.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies