Hollywood star Elliot Page comes out as trans (deadname Ellen Page) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:21:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Hollywood star Elliot Page comes out as trans (deadname Ellen Page) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hollywood star Elliot Page comes out as trans (deadname Ellen Page)  (Read 2242 times)
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: December 02, 2020, 12:38:05 AM »

IMDB actor profile:
https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0680983/

The pride and joy of Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada got his first big break on Trailer Park Boys and you might know him from the 2005 film Hard Candy, the 2010 film Inception or the Netflix show The Umbrella Academy.

This is arguably the biggest hollywood film star to ever come out as trans, at least during their career and not afterwards. Do you have any thoughts? Please discuss.

T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 12:43:21 AM »

My first thoughts:

- Good for him.

- I remember thinking that he looked amazing in his topless scene in Into The Forest, so I would probably feel uncomfortable with the memory of thinking that if I wasn't LGBTQ.

- My lesbian co-worker has a crush on him and is homophobic against bisexual people. She only likes hetero and homo people but is prejudice against bisexuals. She will now have to live with the knowledge that she has fantasized about a man. I'll try not to rub it in.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 02:32:41 AM »

... he said "latinx"...

I still love him. Nobody's perfect. The rest of the tweet is awesome.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 04:03:52 AM »

Stopping in to remind everyone that Juno is one of the worst films ever conceived by a human and every copy of it should be destroyed.
I only saw it in theaters when it came out and barely remember it. I do remember it being slightly disappointing, but I was 18 then and I wasn't a good amateur film critic back then. My main problem if I recall was the script.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2020, 12:55:06 PM »

For full disclosure, I actually have several different monikers meant to serve different functions in navigating my own extremely unstable and contested relationship with my gender, and I do get a little upset when one is used in a social setting in which I prefer to use another. Thus I definitely wasn't attempting to claim in my previous post in this thread that the LGBT community etiquette around this subject is wrong somehow, only that in the specific context of journalism I can see why the imperative to make it as clear as possible to the general public who and what is being discussed would be a countervailing consideration.
IMO you articulated that rather well earlier. Now that being said, if your Atlas post went viral on Twitter for some strange reason, I'm sure a potchfork and torch mob would find some way to infer bigotry from it. SJWs are why we can't have nice things.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2020, 05:28:50 PM »

Will Elliot give up all the awards HE won in female categories? Seems pretty un-PC to let a WHITE MAN win awards that were meant for women.
He's going to have to come to terms with his new privilege and all the guilt and shame that comes along with it. Maybe in 10 years he'll be divorced and MGTOW.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies