Make a map between you and the previous poster
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:41:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Make a map between you and the previous poster
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Make a map between you and the previous poster  (Read 3234 times)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2020, 04:14:37 PM »

or even more likely... I'm tied in NJ/DE/CO/MI polls. I have no answer to your "muh populism, proud moderate indy" campaign, except by going far-left, alienating NJ suburbs and CT residents. I somehow tighten the gap in WV and ND but I drop out in september, accepting defeat. DEMOCRATS IN DISARRAY. They recruited Hillary because who else? By that time, Democrats were behind in most state polls, they accepted defeat but Hillary had to prevent catastrophic downballot consequences. In an effort to save her campaigns, she says: "POKEMON GO TO THE POLLS", and Democrats went on to play pokemon go on election day, being too busy to turn out, conceding all states, including the territory of DC.

It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2020, 12:49:21 AM »

As both of us aren’t too different politically tbh, the election quickly becomes a cultural proxy war.
Libertarians en masse begin to weep and the ridiculous statements both of us have made on here very quickly get published, turning the race into even more of a joke.
Laki becomes the “conservative” candidate with a coalition of Sanders progressives and Trumpers.

My base becomes the “centrist Democrats” and the old religious right.

I am guessing we both don’t go with partisan labels, seems like something we could agree upon. If not the map becomes far more standardized, obviously.

The map kind of ends up as a trends on steroids with some random strange results thrown in just because.

Americans are confused and of course, Alaska becomes the determining state and it all comes down to a bunch of votes which won’t be counted for weeks...

https://www.yapms.com/app/?m=6311
Stuart98
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -5.83

« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2021, 06:15:48 AM »

A strange election. Forumlurker is the more moderate of the two candidates, but also far more inflammatory, particularly against conservatives who are staunchly against my platform and atheism. Forumlurker's campaign starts out promisingly but a series of gaffes derail his campaign, causing conservatives to stay home while I easily consolidate the progressive base and am fairly free to emphasize popular issues like marijuana legalization and expanding the house that appeal to swing voters while Forumlurker is too mired in gaffes to effectively respond. The result is a quite sizable blowout. Curiously (though not really surprisingly), I do better in Forumlurker's home state than in my own. In any case, downballot democrats across the country benefit from depressed conservative turnout.
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2021, 03:49:50 PM »

President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2021, 03:59:18 PM »

Democrats coalesce around their nominee, while Republicans hold their nose for the one who's slightly to the right of the other. Discovolante breaks 10% in some states and 20% in some counties, but all in all, it's an easy victory for Peebs. Both candidates agreeing on many issues, including the dreaded penis tax, massively depressed turnout.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2021, 04:03:29 PM »

支持核绿派 (Greens4Nuclear)
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2021, 04:22:52 PM »

Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2022, 11:14:12 PM »

West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2022, 08:14:47 AM »

To make things interesting, this is a Democratic primary. Goldwater wins pretty easily.

I mostly chose the state winners by thinking about the kind of Democrats each state party runs. I think the black vote would be strongly contested ITTL and Goldwater would win the black vote by up to 10 points or more in some of the South and I would win the black vote in some states while Northern and Western black folks would go strongly for Goldwater.

I am successful in the early states but I narrowly lose NH and things start to go Goldwater's way on Super Tuesday.
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2022, 11:07:05 AM »

A GOP primary between me and West_Midlander would be interesting since we fill similar ideological niches, so it largely becomes a battle of the regions. I would do good in the Northeast and Upper Midwest, but WM sweeps the South to win the nomination.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2022, 06:40:20 PM »

As the Republicans nominate another Trumpist, the Democrats decide to go all-in on a free-trade, pro-market, pro-immigration candidate. My pro-fracking stance and libertarian values flip Alaska, Montana, and North Dakota, but DPK achieves huge turnout in the Rust Belt. With voter turnout depressed in major cities like Chicago, Atlanta, and Detroit, he wins the popular vote and the electoral college.
Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2022, 01:17:18 PM »

As the Republicans nominate another Trumpist, the Democrats decide to go all-in on a free-trade, pro-market, pro-immigration candidate. My pro-fracking stance and libertarian values flip Alaska, Montana, and North Dakota, but DPK achieves huge turnout in the Rust Belt. With voter turnout depressed in major cities like Chicago, Atlanta, and Detroit, he wins the popular vote and the electoral college.

TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2022, 02:05:51 PM »

Wasn't trying to toot my own horn or anything, but you're a literal anarchist...

Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2022, 02:39:08 PM »

Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2022, 11:11:25 PM »

It would come down to the critical issue of preference for cold or warm weather. Goldwater would crush me, since most people prefer warm weather, but maybe I'd have a shot at winning the eight coldest states (myself in the color of ice, Goldwater in the color of fire):

(Average temperature as reported here. Goldwater wins 505-33.)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2022, 12:33:48 AM »
« Edited: October 04, 2022, 12:39:54 AM by Ferguson97 »

I really think that you're completely unaware of how out-of-touch your economic views are with the average person. Your platform of "privatize social security and repeal Obamacare" would be absolute poison to the average person, and your relative normality on culture war issues would fail to galvanize the MAGA base. Worst of both worlds for the GOP.

However "too progressive" I may be on cultural issues, it won't matter when I'm running ads of you saying the words "privatize social security" and "repeal the ACA".
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2022, 12:42:16 AM »

Your social views would be far to toxic for the average American and I think I could actually win this pretty big.

VA/NM/MN are all very close but I think MN is the most socially liberal of the 3 and I am a better fit for VA than NM
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2022, 05:45:58 AM »

A GOP primary between me and OSR would be an interesting one as neither one of us is really a natural fit for Southern politics. OSR performs strongly in new growth states like Georgia and Texas, but does poorly in more rural areas since he isn't Christian. Owing to my strength in the Northeast, Midwest, and Appalachia, I would likely win the primary narrowly, but it could go either way.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies