Is Thursday's "Full Collapse" one of the top ten albums ever made?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:27:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Is Thursday's "Full Collapse" one of the top ten albums ever made?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is Thursday's "Full Collapse" one of the top ten albums ever made?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 11

Author Topic: Is Thursday's "Full Collapse" one of the top ten albums ever made?  (Read 468 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 27, 2020, 02:05:36 AM »

Someone on Reddit said that and now it's going viral amongst the emo fandom*...with everyone agreeing. And yes...it is.

*before anyone makes any ignorant or ill-informed remarks about what the emo fandom is, the median age of emo fans in 2020 is probably something like 32.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 02:31:19 AM »

sir are you gonna order something or what
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2020, 02:36:53 AM »

Never heard of it, voted no.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2020, 02:51:39 AM »

Wow you're missing out.

They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2020, 09:11:47 AM »

Top 10? No. But a great record. I saw them open for My Chemical Romance like...10 years ago? Nobody but me knew who they were and I was stoked.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2020, 09:39:41 AM »

It's the morning of Black Friday; how can you expect most of us to have even heard of an album released the day before, let alone rate it, especially if you don't tell us the name of the band that released it?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2020, 01:05:15 AM »

It's the morning of Black Friday; how can you expect most of us to have even heard of an album released the day before, let alone rate it, especially if you don't tell us the name of the band that released it?
This album is 20 years old.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2020, 01:16:44 AM »

This album is 20 years old.

I sincerely hope you were pretending to miss  my joke. However, I doubt that.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2020, 03:37:21 AM »

Half of the top ten albums ever made were made by the Beatles. The other half were made by Led Zeppelin.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2020, 06:09:02 AM »

Half of the top ten albums ever made were made by the Beatles. The other half were made by Led Zeppelin.

Wrong.

One fifth were made by the Beatles. One fifth by Pink Floyd. One fifth by Metallica and the San Francisco Symphony. One fifth by Lucio Dalla. One of the remaining two are Selling England By The Pound and you're free to fill in the last slot.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2020, 03:12:14 PM »

No.

I AM 32 and the greatest emo album ever is "Fallen" by Evanescence, which does not crack top 10 all-time.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2020, 03:13:58 PM »

One fifth were made by the Beatles. One fifth by Pink Floyd. One fifth by Metallica and the San Francisco Symphony. One fifth by Lucio Dalla. One of the remaining two are Selling England By The Pound and you're free to fill in the last slot.
These are both wrong IMO, but they're a million times more accurate than Full Collapse being on the top 10 list.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2020, 04:02:54 PM »
« Edited: November 29, 2020, 04:09:47 PM by All eyes have seen the glory of the crushing of the Trump »

No.

I AM 32 and the greatest emo album ever is "Fallen" by Evanescence, which does not crack top 10 all-time.

That's not even remotely emo. Its basically nu-metal. It has zero influence connected to the Revolution Summer scene of DC 1985.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2020, 06:47:28 PM »

However while Evanescence has nothing to do with emo, I definitely enjoyed this video:

T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2020, 06:56:25 PM »

No.

That's not even remotely emo. Its basically nu-metal. It has zero influence connected to the Revolution Summer scene of DC 1985.
WIKIPEDIA
Emo /ˈiːmoʊ/ is a rock music genre characterized by an emphasis on emotional expression, sometimes through confessional lyrics.

The phrase "emo music" means what society says it means, regardless of what the original meaning was. If you were to specify "post-hardcore emo", "emocore" or "screamo", you wouldn't be opening yourself up to these open interpretations.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2020, 01:49:12 AM »

No.

WIKIPEDIA
Emo /ˈiːmoʊ/ is a rock music genre characterized by an emphasis on emotional expression, sometimes through confessional lyrics.

The phrase "emo music" means what society says it means, regardless of what the original meaning was. If you were to specify "post-hardcore emo", "emocore" or "screamo", you wouldn't be opening yourself up to these open interpretations.

But that's an absurd definition. What about pre-1985 rock music with an emphasis on emotional expression?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2020, 06:26:13 AM »

No.

WIKIPEDIA

But that's an absurd definition. What about pre-1985 rock music with an emphasis on emotional expression?
As far as I can tell, "emo music" didn't exist before the 1980s (or maybe late 1970s?). According to society, that is.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2020, 01:38:12 PM »

No.

WIKIPEDIA

As far as I can tell, "emo music" didn't exist before the 1980s (or maybe late 1970s?). According to society, that is.

No that's the point. Emo music did not exist before 1985. No emo in the late 70s or early 80s or prior. But there was "music with an emphasis on emotional expression" released before then. Plus artists who were making music through that era too. Is The Cure's post-1985 work emo but not the stuff before?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2020, 01:50:43 PM »

Source: Wikipedia

The band's debut album was Three Imaginary Boys (1979) and this, along with several early singles, placed the band in the post-punk and new wave movements that had sprung up in the United Kingdom. Beginning with their second album, Seventeen Seconds (1980), the band adopted a new, increasingly dark and tormented style, which, together with Smith's stage look, had a strong influence on the emerging genre of gothic rock as well as the subculture that eventually formed around the genre.

Looks like in 1980 they were some kind of post-punk emo. Obvously they were not post-hardcore emo or emocore, and definitely not screamo.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2020, 02:07:05 PM »

Source: Wikipedia

The band's debut album was Three Imaginary Boys (1979) and this, along with several early singles, placed the band in the post-punk and new wave movements that had sprung up in the United Kingdom. Beginning with their second album, Seventeen Seconds (1980), the band adopted a new, increasingly dark and tormented style, which, together with Smith's stage look, had a strong influence on the emerging genre of gothic rock as well as the subculture that eventually formed around the genre.

Looks like in 1980 they were some kind of post-punk emo. Obvously they were not post-hardcore emo or emocore, and definitely not screamo.

They weren't emo at all. There was no such thing as emo until the summer of 1985.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies