Why are most of the Ski resort areas so overwhelmingly liberal?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:30:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Why are most of the Ski resort areas so overwhelmingly liberal?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why are most of the Ski resort areas so overwhelmingly liberal?  (Read 829 times)
Cyrusman
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 26, 2020, 05:40:47 PM »

Can someone please explain to me why these ski resort areas that are in very rural areas are so overwhelmingly liberal? I’m thinking of many of the areas in the Rocky Mountains in Colorado or the Sierra Nevada’s around Tahoe and Mammoth. I’ve seen a lot of that here on Atlas how those areas are very liberal but I don’t understand it.
Do only leftists ski and snowboard and want to live in the mountains where there are resorts?
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 07:30:43 PM »

My guess is that ski culture is liberal that attract upper middle class people the same way gun culture is conservative
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 03:40:20 PM »

Skiing is a high SES (Social-Economic-Status) activity for participants and staff. That means higher-than-average income and education. People of low SES typically hate cold weather, so if you are talking about such resorts as amusement parks one generally finds more low-SES Republicans as participants and staff. 
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 05:35:05 PM »

Skiiers and snowboarders tend to be culturally 'alternative' and socially liberal. The people who own second homes or who vacation in ski areas are often affluent liberals (thus the high income) while the service workers/year round population are often disproportionately hippie/young surfer types.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2020, 05:35:31 PM »

People of low SES typically hate cold weather, so if you are talking about such resorts as amusement parks one generally finds more low-SES Republicans as participants and staff. 
Huh
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies