The myth that "Hitler was elected" is a dangerous myth (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:51:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  The myth that "Hitler was elected" is a dangerous myth (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The myth that "Hitler was elected" is a dangerous myth  (Read 2522 times)
rob in cal
« on: December 05, 2020, 07:24:43 PM »

I've thought about this question a lot. Had Hindenburg not run again in 1932 and Hitler faced a pro Weimar moderate (say someone from the Center Party like Bruning) I think it would have been a pretty close election in the presidential race.
  In terms of the Reichstag and a working parliamentary majority, its clear that a broad right wing thru to the Bavarian People's Party coalition wasn't happening, but yes the question is how did voters of the smaller parties like the StaatsPartei and the People's Party as well as the bigger parties like the DNVP and the Bavarian People's Party or for that matter the Center Party feel about Hitler?  My guess is some of them were supportive, a big chunk not supportive. There was a Reichstag majority for electing Goering as Reichstag President, but that same majority couldn't be used for electing Hitler chancellor.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies