New electoral vote calculator (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:56:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  New electoral vote calculator (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New electoral vote calculator  (Read 43446 times)
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 26, 2020, 03:09:12 PM »

Ha ha my evil suggestions worked
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 05:35:23 PM »

Is 99 the limit it shows on the map for a individual states electoral votes?
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2020, 01:44:02 AM »

Is 99 the limit it shows on the map for a individual states electoral votes?

For now, anyway. The more space the numbers take up, the more the text placement coordinates have to be adjusted, and right now it's just statically placed with some very rudimentary repositioning for bigger/smaller numbers. If I wanted it to support 100+ while still looking good, I'd need to come up with something better.

On top of that, I don't know what to do about the small states that have result boxes or NH/VT, where long numbers would simply not fit. I opted to restrict it rather than delay release even more.

Thanks for the clarification. I was mainly curious since IIRC I was actually the one that suggested the ability to edit the electoral numbers when you asked what we wanted last year. This system is far better and more accommodating for my project than the previous one. For projects and maps where I need states to do triple digits, I can always just use the older map version, as long as the link never permanetly goes down, so no issue.

All in all, thank you for the hard work and effort, and thank you very much for making green no longer the only third party color, as that can make multi party races in history much easier to make and work with without making it confusing
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 11:17:21 PM »

I really don't like this updated design at all. It just doesn't work with the Atlas colors. I feel like the modteam or whomever is making these changes should poll the userbase before making "improvements." The same thing happened when the name and board icons of the site were changed, and when the recommend button was added.

Well I have nothing against the recommend button
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies