New electoral vote calculator (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:36:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  New electoral vote calculator (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New electoral vote calculator  (Read 43830 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: November 26, 2020, 03:17:27 PM »

Damn. Welcome to the 21st century, Atlas!

Great work, Virginia.

Would it be possible to have an option for 2024 EV projections?

Probably not before the census is complete and the EVs are reallocated.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 06:24:09 AM »

Might we possibly please have a link to the old map generator somewhere on the new map generator page?

There's some great stuff about the new map but major drawback I've noticed is that the shades don't correspond to the maps on the main site, and so I can't easily compare to the IRL results and it's harder to recognize what the shades represent.  So for now I will probably save the new map for when I want to do things like change EVs.

Agreed.  That the colors used on the new EV calculator don't reflect colors anywhere else on the site is a major drawback, IMO

Also agree with this. Is it possible to keep the EV calculator but return to the original shade palette?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 11:42:36 PM »

My apologies if this has already been asked, but what's the status on the new MS flag? Is that going to be reserved for 2024 because that will be the first election that MS has their new flag?

Also, if Virginia's feeling especially ambitious one day maybe the former Confederate flags can be re-added for older elections. I have plenty of time to kill, so I could research the flags and resize them myself. Tongue
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2021, 12:10:08 AM »

Also, if Virginia's feeling especially ambitious one day maybe the former Confederate flags can be re-added for older elections. I have plenty of time to kill, so I could research the flags and resize them myself. Tongue

How many different versions of state flags are there? I wonder if it's practical to try and have it display the right flags depending on the map year.

I would have to research that, but I do know that Georgia, for example, only had its current flag since 2003. Prior to that, it featured the stars and bars like Mississippi's did. And obviously it would've had a completely different flag prior to 1860.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2021, 03:12:58 AM »

How would yalls recommend making the new EC votes available?

I was thinking of a "2020 (post-census)" option that shows the 2020 results with the new numbers. I could then phase that menu option out once the 2024 presidential election concludes.

Any thoughts?

Sounds like a good idea, yeah. The 2020 maps are more or less obsolete now and not useful for 2024 predictions.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2021, 11:19:25 PM »

^^ Also seeing this. It looks like roughly half the states got mismatched flags (in hilarious ways for a few of these) and MS never changed. (wouldn't be the first time! Tongue)

Everything else works fine for me so far, though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies