Which IL House R is in the most trouble?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:15:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Which IL House R is in the most trouble?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which IL House R in in the most trouble in 2022?
Mike Bost

Rodney Davis

Mary Miller

Adam Kinzinger

Darin LaHood

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Which IL House R is in the most trouble?  (Read 1055 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 25, 2020, 03:45:43 PM »

Which Illinois House Republican is in the most danger of being out of a seat in 2022?
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 03:51:30 PM »

Davis as his district is the most likely to be nuked.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 04:13:07 PM »

It's not that hard to snipe Davis by giving his district some more of Eastern St. Louis or even swinging it farther down the Mississippi, and there are plenty of college towns to give him too even without eating into Peoria, which Bustos certainly would like. The other ones will probably be fine.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 04:27:19 PM »
« Edited: November 25, 2020, 05:02:52 PM by Gulf Coastal Elite »

Bost: will probably get much more secure in a solidly R southern Illinois district, as he loses the St. Louis burbs in exchange for more rural area
LaHood: will be fine
Miller: will be fine

Davis: probably the most vulnerable, as he gains the Metro East at the expense of some rural terrain
Kinzinger: I’m sure there’s a way you could mess around with the configuration of the suburbs in a way that creates real danger for Kinzinger, though I’m not sure if IL Dems will be aggressive with it (could jeopardize Underwood or even Casten if you overdo it and pull too much from their seats).
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 04:27:50 PM »

Bost: will probably get much more secure in a solidly R southern Illinois district, as he loses the St. Louis burbs in exchange for more rural area

Davis: probably the most vulnerable, as he gains the Metro East at the expense of some rural terrain
Shimkus: may actually be in some personal trouble; the district itself is solidly R, but he lives in the part of the seat that juts into the Metro East. He’ll probably have to move and could be vulnerable in a primary, depending on how much they mess around with his seat.
Kinzinger: I’m sure there’s a way you could mess around with the configuration of the suburbs in a way that creates real danger for Kinzinger, though I’m not sure if IL Dems will be aggressive with it (could jeopardize Underwood or even Casten if you overdo it and pull too much from their seats).

Skimkus retired, its Mary Miller now.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 04:30:55 PM »

The question I'm wondering is if you can give Bustos a wave proof district while drawing another dem seat in downstate
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2020, 04:49:01 PM »

Shimkus: may actually be in some personal trouble; the district itself is solidly R, but he lives in the part of the seat that juts into the Metro East. He’ll probably have to move and could be vulnerable in a primary, depending on how much they mess around with his seat.

Skimkus retired, its Mary Miller now.

Yeah, she lives near Charleston. Metro East is also losing population and getting redder.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2020, 05:04:16 PM »

Davis District is gonna be eliminated by Pritzker, he is bound to eliminate any R District
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2020, 10:33:04 PM »

Davis is the only one who is possibly in trouble, but Underwood and Bustos could easily (and probably will) be more vulnerable.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2020, 10:35:59 PM »

Davis is the only one who is possibly in trouble, but Underwood and Bustos could easily (and probably will) be more vulnerable.

Redistricting tho
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2020, 10:44:17 PM »

Redistricting tho

Uh huh... I know.

IL-17 is already gerrymandered. Not to mention, Illinois will lose a seat, meaning if anything these seats will have to expand and not shrink down into more urban Dem-leaning areas. Not sure how Underwood is going to get some much better seat when there are 11 other Chicagoland seats and Democratic incumbents. AND it will likely be an R-leaning year, so yeah, I would still rather be Davis than Bustos. 
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2020, 11:47:51 PM »

Davis is going to be drawn into a Safe D snake district, so him
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2020, 09:19:23 AM »

Redistricting tho

Uh huh... I know.

IL-17 is already gerrymandered. Not to mention, Illinois will lose a seat, meaning if anything these seats will have to expand and not shrink down into more urban Dem-leaning areas. Not sure how Underwood is going to get some much better seat when there are 11 other Chicagoland seats and Democratic incumbents. AND it will likely be an R-leaning year, so yeah, I would still rather be Davis than Bustos. 

You can easily extend IL-14 closer into Chicago (IL-07 and IL-04 can give up Dem precincts).  Bustos can take more downstate cities, which obviously means that Dems can’t create a new Dem downstate seat. 
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2020, 12:08:55 PM »

Davis will get a snake district if Madigan gets his way so yeah.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2020, 12:17:25 PM »

Davis will get a snake district if Madigan gets his way so yeah.

Madigan may not even survive Sad
The end of an era Sad
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2020, 05:05:21 PM »

I hope it's not Kinzinger.  He's one of the few Republicans in congress who isn't complete garbage.  He's actually more reasonable than many Democrats.  Congress needs people like him to balance out the crazy trash.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2020, 05:47:26 AM »

Rodney Davis (the swingiest of the 5) or Mary Miller (because she has the lowest seniority of the 5).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies