Political Quiz List. Are you a Quiz Whiz? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:00:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Political Quiz List. Are you a Quiz Whiz? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Political Quiz List. Are you a Quiz Whiz?  (Read 845946 times)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« on: January 12, 2013, 05:45:55 PM »

You are a right social libertarian.
Right: 6.62, Libertarian: 6.39

Foreign Policy:
On the left side are pacifists and anti-war activists. On the right side are those who want a strong military that intervenes around the world. You scored: -0.9 This result I found quite surprising...

Culture:
Where are you in the culture war? On the liberal side, or the conservative side? This scale may apply more to the US than other countries. You scored: -5.64
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 09:37:54 PM »

The Quiz

The following are your scores. They are based on a gradual range of 0 to 12. For instance, a Conservative/Progressive score of 3 and 0 will both yield a result of social conservative, yet 0 would be an extreme conservative and 3 a moderate conservative

Conservative/Progressive score: 8
You are a social moderate. You think the progressive movement is overall well meaning, but sometimes it goes too far. On issues like abortion and affirmative action, you see the negatives of both extremes on the issue. You probably value religion, but at the same time you think it should still stay separate from the government

Capitalist Purist/Social Capitalist score: 4
You are a Moderate Capitalist. You support an economy that is by and large a free market, but has public programs to help people who can't help themselves or need a little help. Pretty much you believe in the American economy how it currently is.

Libertarian/Authoritarian score: 2
You are libertarian. You think that the government is making way too many unnecessary laws that are taking away our innate rights. You believe that the government's job is primarily to protect people from harming other people, but after that they should mind their own business, and if we give the government too much power in controlling our lives, it can lead to fascism.

Pacifist/Militarist score: 10
You're a Militarist. You believe that since the United States has so much power in the world, it has a responsibility to keep the world safe. You think that if the US does not exert its power in the world, it may eventually lose its power, and that we can not look weak in the face of terrorists, and must take them out where they live.

Overall, you would most likely fit into the category of Libertarian
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 10:44:00 PM »

I find it interesting that they have me down as socially conservative -- on the three clearly social answers, I said that abortion should be legal, gay marriage should be legal, and guns should be legal, and marked the last issue 'critically important' but not the first two. Apparently that answer was enough to overpower the others.

Environment leaning D reflects an actual shift in my thinking of late towards more environmentalism, though.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 10:12:01 PM »

These tests always give me weird results...

Your result for The Political Objectives Test ...
Anarchist
You scored 43 Equality, 86 Liberty, and 50 Stability!

Liberty is so overwhelmingly important to you that you wish to eliminate anything that can interfere with it. The number one target of your outrage is ‘The State’ (all government + bureaucracy + military) but other forces that may quash freedom (corporations or religions or even family) are also subject to your ridicule. If you have the right personality then you may participate in anarchist actions to remove all these oppressive institutions. You may advocate violent revolution but you are more likely to recognise that violence is itself the product of oppression and reject it in favour of non-violent resistance. You think that every person is sovereign unto themselves but you also recognise that it is natural for us to want to participate in a community. However every relationship must be totally consensual and that extends to ones relationship to any group. The preferred model for you is the community in which everyone willingly participates in decision-making and in which all economic and cultural interactions are freely made or terminated. If this is all a bit much for you then try the Libertarian on for size. And for related forms of politics see Revolutionary and Survivalist.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 03:27:51 PM »

Most senseless result I've ever gotten...

Your result for The Political Moral Systems Test ...
The Latte-sipping Liberal
78% Utilitarian, 49% Nationalist, 73% Liberal and 52% Individualist!
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 07:25:53 PM »

YOUR c--- LEVEL IS: 7%

7%
PATRICIAN. You are moral, educated, non-degenerate, and impervious to all forms of modernism, relativism, cuckery, and leftist trickery.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2021, 12:25:51 PM »

Though I continue to think the difference between Free America and Real America is basically made-up.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2022, 06:08:01 PM »

Overall: Republican/58%
Role of Government: Republican/63%
Economy & Jobs: Republican/74%
Values: Democratic/57%
Defense & Foreign Policy: Republican/64%
Budget & Taxes: Republican/66%
Energy & Environment: Republican/72%
Civil Liberties: Republican/57%
Immigration: Democratic/58%
Healthcare: Democratic/61% (really?!)
Education: Republican/61%
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2022, 10:29:53 PM »

https://quark88.github.io/dozenvalues/

Ownership Axis: Private (81.9% Property, 18.1% Equality)
Market Axis: Free Market (82.6% Commerce, 17.4% Coordination)
Power Axis: Dispersed (68.1% Anarchy, 31.9% Dominion)
Autonomy Axis: Tolerant (82.6% Permission, 17.4% Restriction)
Identity Axis: Normative (53.5% Supremacy, 46.5% Inclusivity)
Progress Axis: Progressive (76.4% Novelty, 23.6% Heritage)

My top twenty-five ideologies:
1. Right-Minarchism 100.00%
2. Classical Liberalism 99.45%
3. Hayekism 98.82%
4. Objectivism 98.31%
5. Technolibertarianism 98.12%
6. Jeffersonian Democracy 97.31%
7. Minarchism 97.26%
8. Right-Libertarianism 95.29%
9. Libertarian Transhumanism 95.25%
10. Anarcho-Capitalism 94.29%
11. Libertarianism 91.76%
12. Austrolibertarianism 90.87%
13. Neo-Libertarianism 90.03%
14. Helvetic Model 89.82%
15. Laissez-Faire Capitalism 89.39%
16. Capitalist Transhumanism 88.45%
17. Social Darwinism 87.28%
18. Crypto-Anarchism 86.91%
19. National-Liberalism 85.34%
20. Liberaltarianism 84.77%
21. Laissez-Faire 84.65%
22. Left-Rothbardianism 83.60%
23. Bleeding-Heart Libertarianism 83.38%
24. Geolibertarianism 82.90%
25. Liberalism 82.79%

Most of the stuff at the bottom is nonsense, but I like that per this quiz I have only 1.49% agreement with Marxism. (0.00% with Juche and "Pol Potism").
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2022, 11:16:28 PM »
« Edited: September 09, 2022, 11:57:01 PM by Vosem »

I retook the Political Matrix for the first time since 2013, and I got +8.13 economic and -6.09 social; this represents me becoming significantly more extreme economically but not really changing socially over the intervening nine years, since the old values were something like +4 economic and -6 social. (I don't remember the exact values, unfortunately, and while I could probably find them digging around on Internet Archive I don't really feel like it).

This checks out -- I was generally moving left during the period 2011-2015, reaching probably my most moderate positioning in the summer of 2015, but have generally been getting much more economically conservative since roughly late 2019. (And I wasn't really that moderate before either, actually).
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2022, 12:10:15 PM »

I retook the Political Matrix for the first time since 2013, and I got +8.13 economic and -6.09 social; this represents me becoming significantly more extreme economically but not really changing socially over the intervening nine years, since the old values were something like +4 economic and -6 social. (I don't remember the exact values, unfortunately, and while I could probably find them digging around on Internet Archive I don't really feel like it).

This checks out -- I was generally moving left during the period 2011-2015, reaching probably my most moderate positioning in the summer of 2015, but have generally been getting much more economically conservative since roughly late 2019. (And I wasn't really that moderate before either, actually).

I do not see how anyone can score like above +7 or -7 on Economic axis. Reality should prevent that but oh well.

I'm not sure that my positions on many issues changed -- I can try taking the test as 'myself from 2014' and see how different the results would be and if I can still inhabit that headspace -- so much as this time around basically all the times I ticked the 'this issue is important to me' box were economic issues, while in 2014 it would've probably been an even mix of economic and social ones.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2022, 12:19:45 AM »

Ethnic Axis: 54.7% Multiethnic / 45.3% Monoethnic (Neutral)
Cultural Axis: 59.4% Multicultural / 40.6% Monocultural (Slightly Multicultural)
Preference Axis: 55.1% Equality / 44.9% Favoritism (Slight Equality)
Acceptance Axis: 76.0% Coexistence / 24.0% Extinctionism (Coexistence)
Pluralism Axis: 68.5% Integration / 31.5% Separation (Interculturalist)
External Axis: 66.0% Diplomacy / 34.0% Isolation (Diplomatic)
Progression Axis: 71.3% Progression / 28.7% Regression (Ultraprogressive)
Technology Axis: 94.7% Transhumanism / 5.3% Primitivism (Post-Humanist)
LGBT Axis: 84.2% Pro-LGBT / 15.8% Anti-LGBT (Very Pro-LGBT)
Nation Axis: 57.8% Anationalism / 42.2% Nationalism (Indifferent)
Religion Axis: 74.2% Secular / 25.8% Religion (Secular)
Philosophy Axis: 61.4% Constructivism / 38.6% Essentialism (Social Influences)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2023, 06:04:00 PM »

Your Politicalc results: 0M5ADR

Based on your results, we project that your voting tendencies are centrist.

Your nearest ideological personas are Classical Liberal (47%), Libertarian (38%), Conservative (31%)

Your most dominant attributes are: Privatist (94%), Permissive (89%), Globalist (89%)

94% Privatist / 6% Collectivist
83% Meritocratic / 17% Egalitarian

You believe in free markets, strong property rights and meritocracy. You think economic outcomes should be determined by talent, hard work and market forces - not government intervention. Policies should aim to equalize opportunities, not outcomes.

Sounds about right.

11% Conservative / 89% Permissive
56% Communitarian / 44% Individualist

You place strong value on personal freedom and community. You believe individuals should be free to live as they choose, and form strong communities around their shared identity. People like you are likely to support the rights of historically-oppressed groups and minorities, and support protecting the unique cultures and identities of these groups.

Depends -- I think I am less Chestertonian than this, and some of their 'Communitarian' questions seemed to me to be asking 'do communities exist' rather than 'are they any good'. But, sure, people should be able to set up their own things.

75% Suspecting / 25% Trusting
36% Emotional / 64% Rational

You take an evidence-based approach to politics, believing that all claims and opinions, regardless of their popularity, should be questioned and scrutinized based on facts and data - not appeals to emotion or authority. Questioning elites and mainstream opinion is necessary to arrive at objective truths and solutions.

Yes, good.

19% Ideological / 81% Pragmatic
42% Loyalist / 58% Proceduralist

You evaluate politics and leaders based on outcomes, evidence and results - not ideological precepts. You dislike purity tests and ideological games. Strong, compentent institutions are what make or break a political system. Individual leaders come and go, and are mostly theater. You believe we need to design strong, capable institutions to drive results, relying more on experts like scientists, economists and judges.

Well, I think we need to design a strong and stable lack of institutions. But in a certain sense, yes, though I think this set of questions was written without my general worldview in mind. (I think I got pragmatic because I wrote that staying out of power deliberately, and accelerationism, are stupid; goes for the right and the left.)

11% Isolationist / 89% Globalist
86% Hawk / 14% Dove

You believe in an active foreign policy, including use of force for humanitarian ends, to promote democracy and uphold international norms. Perceived weakness emboldens rogue actors. Multilateral alliances and intervention are necessary to solve global issues, defend human rights and maintain a stable world order.

Yes, although we have to learn lessons from the past, and not overthrow governments where the likeliest replacement is worse. I would definitely reverse the ordering of "uphold international norms" and "promote democracy" -- the former is a realistic goal, the latter very often is not.

36% Radical / 64% Gradualist
25% Conformist / 75% Contrarian

You believe all voices and opinions need to be heard to build consensus and make progress, even if they challenge prevailing views. However, rapid change also threatens stability and trust. A diversity of thought within established political processes, not radical action outisde it, leads to enduring reform and social cohesion. Non-conformity stimulates debates, but consensus is necessary for change.

'Contrarian gradualist' is very good; the kind of society I want to see emerge is radically different from the one we have now, but I think it would be better to build it slowly-but-surely rather than 'all at once in a revolution'.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2023, 11:35:37 AM »

"Forceful Lib-Right" sounds about right.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2023, 04:02:32 PM »

An 8 Values style quiz that focuses specifically on economic issues

Incentive Axis: Competitive (56.2% Competition)
Structure Axis: Neutral (51.6% Hierarchy)
Intervention Axis: Free Market (81.3% Demand)
Centralisation Axis: Disunited (56.2% Local)
Technology Axis: Industrialised (70.3% Automation)
Land Axis: Tenure (57.8% Rent)
Inheritance Axis: Opportunity (78.1% Merit)
Labor Axis: Neutral (53.1% Divided)

Closest Match: Social Libertarianism

Incentive Axis: Darwinist (93.7% Competition)
Structure Axis: Neutral (54.7% Hierarchy)
Intervention Axis: Free Market (89.1% Demand)
Centralisation Axis: Disunited (73.4% Local)
Technology Axis: Automated (76.6% Automation)
Land Axis: Landed (78.1% Rent)
Inheritance Axis: Opportunity (76.6% Merit)
Labor Axis: Union Buster (85.9% Divided)

Closest Match: Laissez-Faire Capitalism
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2023, 04:11:47 PM »

American Values Quiz

This was kind of an interesting quiz, and my results were not quite what I expected.

Culture Axis: Liberal (69.7% Liberalism)
Solutions Axis: Balanced (50.3% Individualism)
Foreign Axis: Internationalist (82.9% Globalism]
Social Axis: Moderate (51.6% Security)
Power Axis: Balanced (56.0% Textual)
States Axis: Centralist (60.2% Centralism)

Closest Match: Progressive Republican

Culture Axis: Moderate (54.3% Liberalism)
Solutions Axis: Very Individualist (76.7% Individualism)
Foreign Axis: Globalist (63.2% Globalism)
Social Axis: Libertarian (62.1% Freedom)
Power Axis: Textualist (62.9% Textual)
States Axis: Pro-States (64.1% States' Rights)

Closest Match: Conservative Democrat

I suppose you and I are opposites! Though our only large difference is on the States Axis, and we have a smaller but significant difference on the Social Axis; on the other four we're close to the same positions.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies