Opinion of Doctor Who (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:40:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Opinion of Doctor Who (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of a show going 57 as of today!
Freedom Show

Horrible Show

Can I have a jelly baby?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 21

Author Topic: Opinion of Doctor Who  (Read 1204 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: November 24, 2020, 05:01:59 PM »

I've been a fan of the show since it started showing in the U.S. on PBS in the 1980's.  Tom Baker was my first Doctor and to me has always been the definitive one.  My very first story was "The Ark in Space", which is notable for, among other things, the Sonic Screwdriver being used as an actual screwdriver (the only time?)  I also liked quite a lot of Jon Pertwee and Peter Davison.  The original show definitely hit a slump after Davison until it went on hiatus.

I was very impressed by NuWho from the beginning of the revival.  All of the new doctors have been good, although the jury's still out on Whittaker.  IMO the last part of David Tennant's second season (from Human Nature through the end) is the strongest run of episodes in the program's history, although Matt Smith's first season (with the Crack in Time arc) is the best full season.  Peter Capaldi was undoubtedly terrific acting the role, but for some reason his stories didn't captivate me the way the earlier ones did; maybe the excitement has worn off a bit.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies