Most extremely conservative county in the US (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:35:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  Most extremely conservative county in the US (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Most extremely conservative county in the US  (Read 3842 times)
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 24, 2020, 03:29:05 PM »

Glascock, GA, depending on your definition of conservative.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 10:53:39 PM »

I actually agree with ExtremeRepublican here re: intellectual ideological conservatism. I also think the posterchild for the most conservative county in the US has to be bigger than some random county of 10,000 people--it should reflect a real community and society of conservatives--not just a handful of rural types. Most Republicans, after all, live in places much denser than the Texas Panhandle even if there aren't many in the truly big metros.

The issue with Williamson County is that it has some inner suburban liberalism around Cool Springs. The same goes for The Woodlands in Montgomery County, TX. I wouldn't pick Utah County, UT because Mormonism--for all its social and economic conservatism--does have some genuine cultural liberalism to it. With that in mind, my pick is one of the built-up areas on the Gulf Coast--maybe St Tammany Parish, LA; Baldwin County, AL; or Santa Rosa County, FL. Somewhere in North Georgia beyond the Atlanta Exurbs--like Hall or Bartow County--could also suffice. If you want to go with somewhere in Utah, I'd recommend Washington County over anywhere on the Wasatch Front.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies