Old School Republican was right
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:11:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Old School Republican was right
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Old School Republican was right  (Read 3083 times)
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 22, 2020, 01:51:30 PM »
« edited: November 22, 2020, 01:56:52 PM by SN2903 »

I want to congratulate OSR on his prediction that Joe Biden would win the election.  I am apologizing. Although I have serious doubts about the validity of the results there has not been enough evidence proven to overturn the results. My main concerns are the 220 affidavits filed in Wayne County. He was also right (we agreed on this) that Trump was being underestimated in the sunbelt states (TX , FL, NC). I am genuinely shocked that Trump did not win MI, PA or WI. I def thought he would get at least one. I definitely think the polling may have had the effect of suppressing the Trump vote in certain areas of the Midwest. OSR was largely right that COVID would have a major impact on the election. It had  a higher impact than I anticipated although I think Trumps shutdown argument benefitted him greatly at the end and almost put him over the top. I also want to tell the forum as a whole that the majority were right that Biden would win but I also believe I deserve more respect in my opinions as well as other conservatives on here. We love this country just as much as you guys do just have a different point of view. I also want to say that as we all know the polling was absolutely atrocious and my prediction was closer to the truth than many, many on here.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 01:59:14 PM »

lol ok
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 02:07:16 PM »

Thanks , hopefully SN we can now talk about more things such as movies and sports and move on from talking about this election .
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 02:08:02 PM »

... Although I have serious doubts about the validity of the results there has not been enough evidence proven to overturn the results.

There are NO "serious doubts about the validity of the results." None ... Zero.
Also, there are/were many red and blue avatars that predicted that Biden would win. So why create a thread title where you only give one person credit.

PS: Your hopes (demands) that you made immediately after the election, for the Supreme Court to basically just "give" the election to trump are unforgivable. You can not "love this country" and make claims/demands like that. That is Fascism and you should be ashamed for repeating this over and over again.
Bomster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.13, S: -7.95

P P
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 02:12:50 PM »

Now I am still annoyed by your promotion of typical baseless right-wing talking points, but I appreciate the fact that you’re willing to concede and make apologies. And I want to say I’m sorry if I ever was unfair to you too.
Neptunium
Taiwan

Political Matrix
E: 5.16, S: -1.90

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2020, 02:16:17 PM »
« Edited: November 22, 2020, 06:21:38 PM by Neptunium »

There are not many Trump supporter here, but still we have some so atlas won't become a radical left website like re**it and d**ly k**.

Every election can be doubt of validity, but glad we will accept the result once we check out Smiley.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2020, 02:23:42 PM »

He also said the Rs were gonna keep the Senate and TBA is still determinative of the Senate pending Runoffs, but Pelosi holding onto the Stimulus and Trump contesting the election is making the polls a dead heat, anyone can win those Senate races
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2020, 02:24:33 PM »

Congrats Phil.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2020, 02:38:22 PM »

There are not many Trump supporter here, but still we have some so atlas won't become a radical left website like re**it and d**ly k**.

Every election can be doubt of validity, but glad we will accepet the result once we check out Smiley.
Two things can be true. Biden is the winner but also the media was highly unfair and corrupt and used big tech platforms to manipulate the public.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2020, 02:41:33 PM »

... Although I have serious doubts about the validity of the results there has not been enough evidence proven to overturn the results.

There are NO "serious doubts about the validity of the results." None ... Zero.

Tell that to Hillary Clinton who still believe she lost because of Putin.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2020, 03:15:08 PM »

Glad to see you got passed the denial stage SN.
I've been past it. Just think that Trump has the right to challenge it. Doesn't look like it's going anywhere though
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2020, 03:17:49 PM »

Lmaaaaaaaoooooo

We’ve arrived at acceptance at last

It’s funny because after a year of relentless spam and going after anyone who disagreed and saying very nasty things to good folks on Discord, and then straight up denying reality for two weeks SN wants us to forget and pretend he has any claim to being a quality poster like many of our fantastic blue avatars (Sanchez, IndyRep, OSR, VARepublican, etc etc).

I think not
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2020, 03:19:44 PM »

Lmaaaaaaaoooooo

We’ve arrived at acceptance at last

It’s funny because after a year of relentless spam and going after anyone who disagreed and saying very nasty things to good folks on Discord, and then straight up denying reality for two weeks SN wants us to forget and pretend he has any claim to being a quality poster like many of our fantastic blue avatars (Sanchez, IndyRep, OSR, VARepublican, etc etc).

I think not

I want a fair legal process. It has gotten to the point where I don't see the results being overturned
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2020, 03:37:38 PM »

Slowly claps
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2020, 04:29:12 PM »

I also want to tell the forum as a whole that the majority were right that Biden would win but I also believe I deserve more respect in my opinions as well as other conservatives on here. We love this country just as much as you guys do just have a different point of view.

Buddy, you don't have different opinions, you have denial of reality. But good to know that you will finally stop pestering us with the "Trump will still win imo" bullsh**t. That literally spared you from being put on "ignore" by me, which I had in fact considered recently.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2020, 05:17:05 PM »

Well, SN, good to see you finally realize Joe Biden has won the election.

I will give you one thing, though: While you overestimated Trump, must of us underestimated him again. Party because pollsters told us they fixed their errors from 2016, which clearly didn't work, and also because I found it hard to believe Trump would have a chance after his, in my view, disastrous record. Of course we can disagree over such issues and argue, though that requires people at least to agree on a common set of facts. And latter don't care about political preferences.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2020, 05:27:53 PM »

I will give you one thing, though: While you overestimated Trump, must of us underestimated him again. Party because pollsters told us they fixed their errors from 2016, which clearly didn't work, and also because I found it hard to believe Trump would have a chance after his, in my view, disastrous record. Of course we can disagree over such issues and argue, though that requires people at least to agree on a common set of facts. And latter don't care about political preferences.

The primary reason people under-estimated Trump is they gave far too much credit to the American public. Most voters will unquestioningly vote for whoever has that D or R in front of their name, regardless of quality, and regardless of what threat they pose to the country.

People also tended to ignore the fact that polling errors will generally be similar when you have a common denominator--Trump being on the ballot in both 2016/20, similar to 2008/12 having similar errors to each other.
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2020, 06:14:26 PM »

Listen, denial is the first stage of grief.  There's no need to be rude to anyone, guys.  70+ million people voted for Trump and now they're all starting to realize what a big mistake they made.  They were conned.  It really hurts to watch.  As someone who has made some positive statements about Trump in the past, I get it, you guys were right. What else is there to really say?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2020, 06:23:56 PM »

The primary reason people under-estimated Trump is they gave far too much credit to the American public. Most voters will unquestioningly vote for whoever has that D or R in front of their name, regardless of quality, and regardless of what threat they pose to the country.

People also tended to ignore the fact that polling errors will generally be similar when you have a common denominator--Trump being on the ballot in both 2016/20, similar to 2008/12 having similar errors to each other.

2008 had a polling error?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2020, 06:38:54 PM »

And also, don't pretend your predictions were anything short of delusional. You had Minnesota and Nevada going to Trump for goodness sake.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2020, 06:48:53 PM »

2008 had a polling error?

Obama ended up overperforming slightly in 2008 and undecideds broke D in both 2008 and 12.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2020, 07:07:26 PM »

This is probably the best we'll ever get out of SN. Just accept it.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2020, 07:07:53 PM »

The polls missed the shy/ashamed Trump voters but they had Biden at 50% or over in many states. This is what Biden did and why he won.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2020, 07:12:34 PM »

And also, don't pretend your predictions were anything short of delusional. You had Minnesota and Nevada going to Trump for goodness sake.
Nevada was close.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2020, 07:16:57 PM »

I want to congratulate OSR on his prediction that Joe Biden would win the election.  I am apologizing. Although I have serious doubts about the validity of the results there has not been enough evidence proven to overturn the results. My main concerns are the 220 affidavits filed in Wayne County. He was also right (we agreed on this) that Trump was being underestimated in the sunbelt states (TX , FL, NC). I am genuinely shocked that Trump did not win MI, PA or WI. I def thought he would get at least one. I definitely think the polling may have had the effect of suppressing the Trump vote in certain areas of the Midwest. OSR was largely right that COVID would have a major impact on the election. It had  a higher impact than I anticipated although I think Trumps shutdown argument benefitted him greatly at the end and almost put him over the top. I also want to tell the forum as a whole that the majority were right that Biden would win but I also believe I deserve more respect in my opinions as well as other conservatives on here. We love this country just as much as you guys do just have a different point of view. I also want to say that as we all know the polling was absolutely atrocious and my prediction was closer to the truth than many, many on here.

Even when he admits he was wrong (kinda, but the closest to that we'll ever get), SN29 0/3 still resorts to making allegations against blacks, even though everyone in the real world knows that Biden won by flipping college-educated whites.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies