Ky Gov: Andy Beshear 2023 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:17:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Ky Gov: Andy Beshear 2023 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Andy Beshear be re-elected?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 75

Author Topic: Ky Gov: Andy Beshear 2023  (Read 4832 times)
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 22, 2020, 03:43:40 PM »

I hope not, and I tend to think not.  That being said, the Beshear name counts for something in Kentucky.  He'll be running against a specific Republican, and that specific Republican may have baggage that could sink him in an election that will not be as nationalized as one that occurs during Federal Election years.

I personally think Beshear won because Mitch McConnell worked behind the scenes to do in Bevin.  Beshear won't have that working for him next time out.  Nor will Beshear have the perception that his is a moderate Kentucky Democrat different from the National Democratic Party Woketopians.  He's gone out on a limb on those issues and it will remain to be seen how much of that he can downplay after three (3) years. 

Beshear's still in his first year in office, so he's got plenty of opportunity to shore up his right flank.  He's not a goner, not by any means.  Being re-elected won't be easy for him, however.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies