POLL: Which Floridian Republican is most likely to end up on a presidential ticket in 2024?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:21:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  POLL: Which Floridian Republican is most likely to end up on a presidential ticket in 2024?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which is most likely to end up on a 2024 presidential ticket? Whether President or VP?
Ron DeSantis
Rick Scott
Marco Rubio
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: POLL: Which Floridian Republican is most likely to end up on a presidential ticket in 2024?  (Read 2411 times)
MargieCat
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 22, 2020, 12:33:35 AM »
« edited: November 22, 2020, 12:49:41 AM by MargieCat »

Florida has three republicans that envision themselves in the oval office.

Which is most likely to end up on a ticket, whether as a president or vice president?

I'm not including Trump, Jeb Bush, Matt Gaetz, etc.

Just DeSantis, Scott, and Rubio.
UncleSam

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 12:38:55 AM »

Easily Rubio. He seems like a probably VP pick for a Trumpist.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 12:47:56 AM »

DeSantis
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 12:18:04 PM »

Probably the one who retains the greatest statewide popularity, which is Rubio. Especially if the party thinks his presence on the ticket could push Cuban American voters in the state even further right.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 12:36:02 PM »

Senator Marco Rubio simply because he is a Hispanic. Not only did Biden underperform with Hispanics in FL, he also did so in Texas along the Mexico Border and also to a lesser extend in Arizona (although he narrowly carried that State).

Rubios Presence on GOP Ticket would bleed over to other States I think.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2020, 12:49:13 PM »

DeSantis. His disastrous COVID response will be a distant memory by 2024 and he seems to have the most Trumpian appeal of the two. Rubio had his shot at the nomination 2016 and I can't see a failed candidate from that year getting tapped as VP, and...I'm just not seeing it as far as Rick Scott is concerned.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2020, 03:18:16 PM »

DeSantis. His disastrous COVID response will be a distant memory by 2024 and he seems to have the most Trumpian appeal of the two. Rubio had his shot at the nomination 2016 and I can't see a failed candidate from that year getting tapped as VP, and...I'm just not seeing it as far as Rick Scott is concerned.

Rick Scott has a GIGANTIC, Scrooge McDuck-sized mountain of $ that he has consistently been more than willing to spend if it will get him elected.  Obviously, once you get to the Presidential level, money becomes a lot less valuable, as Bloomberg demonstrated, but still (and Scott is not as incompetent as Bloomberg).
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2020, 03:32:37 PM »

Rick Scott has a GIGANTIC, Scrooge McDuck-sized mountain of $ that he has consistently been more than willing to spend if it will get him elected.  Obviously, once you get to the Presidential level, money becomes a lot less valuable, as Bloomberg demonstrated, but still (and Scott is not as incompetent as Bloomberg).
That's the reason I included him.

I don't think Rick Scott would take a VP role though. He's in it for the presidency or nothing.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2020, 03:48:59 PM »

Rick Scott has a GIGANTIC, Scrooge McDuck-sized mountain of $ that he has consistently been more than willing to spend if it will get him elected.  Obviously, once you get to the Presidential level, money becomes a lot less valuable, as Bloomberg demonstrated, but still (and Scott is not as incompetent as Bloomberg).
That's the reason I included him.

I don't think Rick Scott would take a VP role though. He's in it for the presidency or nothing.

This is ultimately why I said I don't see him being on the ticket. He'd go the way of Bloomberg if he ran for President and I for the life of me can't see him accepting or even being offered VP. That's why I voted DeSantis in this poll. I can see being either or.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2020, 04:42:52 PM »

DeSantis. I agree with seeing Rubio as a VP pick most likely, as a candidate he's too washed up.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2020, 05:31:51 PM »

Agree that, if this stays a Trumpist party (and I don't see why it wouldn't), DeSantis is one of the most likely nominees period, COVID response notwithstanding
Cassandra
Situationist

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2020, 05:46:28 PM »

I'm curious to see whether Rubio is able to reinvent himself as the Elizabeth Warren of right-populism. Like Warren, I can't imagine his appeal will ever be broad enough to make it onto the ticket. Nonetheless, I think he will be more relevant in four years than most people think, certainly more relevant than these other two clowns.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2020, 07:04:22 PM »

DeSantis. Possibly for President.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2020, 07:18:16 PM »

DeSantis easily
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2020, 07:54:15 PM »

Donald Trump
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2020, 11:17:34 PM »

Hate to be that guy because of my current name, but Tucker Carlson recently relocated to Florida so would that make him count?
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2020, 03:13:54 PM »

I'm curious to see whether Rubio is able to reinvent himself as the Elizabeth Warren of right-populism. Like Warren, I can't imagine his appeal will ever be broad enough to make it onto the ticket. Nonetheless, I think he will be more relevant in four years than most people think, certainly more relevant than these other two clowns.

That, I'm thinking, is a strong possibility. He has the ambition, as a pre-Trump rising star, as well as the capacity to not only unite the GOP's factions, but expand on 2020 gains with Hispanics. Rubio's biggest problem would be Trump himself, who will either run or ensure a surrogate wins.
The Houstonian
alexk2796
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.87

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2020, 03:00:34 AM »

Probably Donald Trump. And definitely not Rick Scott, he seems way too creepy and offputting for this level of politics.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2020, 07:53:06 PM »

Ron DeSantis is insanely overrated on this board and I can’t wait until he flops hard.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies