Could the GOP win any Virginia statewide race next year? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:49:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Could the GOP win any Virginia statewide race next year? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Could a Republican win a statewide race in Virginia next year?
It's possible

Maybe

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 108

Author Topic: Could the GOP win any Virginia statewide race next year?  (Read 5172 times)
crazy jimmie
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« on: November 21, 2020, 07:48:04 PM »

Yes they could as I have explained numerous times.

crazy jimmie
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 08:29:32 PM »

Barring a scenario in which Dems somehow nominate Fairfax, fairly unlikely.

I had a dream or should I say nightmare.. that Democrats nominated Justin Fairfax for Governor, Lee Carter for Lt. Governor and they both lost.. but still won Nova
crazy jimmie
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 09:51:35 PM »

As MT Treasurer said, it's simply too far gone.

I could see Justin Fairfax and Lee Carter losing statewide. Though with Lee Carter all of his negatives have some mitigation. His military back probably helps him from sinking too hard in Hampton Roads (which Fairfax would) and he is redneck-ish so may attract a few more votes in rural Virginia.

But Fairfax would be crushed in downstate Virginia and would be dependent on Nova to pull him over him.
crazy jimmie
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 09:55:20 PM »

I don’t see it, honestly. I’ll try and be more cautious with my ratings in general after the last few election cycles, but the leftward shift of Virginia Beach/the Hampton roads area + any further R collapse in the Richmond metro since 2009 makes this virtually impossible. NoVA can be outvoted, but not when the most populous counties you can count on in virtually any scenario are located in the Shenandoah Valley and places like Chesterfield/Stafford are battlegrounds.

I could see them coming within 4-5 points, but actually winning? I think it’s too far gone.

If it were Nova alone that has been shifting the state to the Democrats 2016 President would have been much closer and maybe a Trump win.. Warner would lost in 2014.. Mcaffullie would have lost in 2013. Even Fairfax could have lost in 2017.

But Virginia has many shifting parts. Hampton Roads was long competitive for Democrats but the GOP collapse in the Richmond Metro area has been an underrated disaster for the GOP.

The two county results that stick out to me from 2020: Chesterfield County voting to the left of the nation and Prince William County voting so heavily for Biden despite having all the demographics that swung to Trump nationally.
crazy jimmie
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2021, 10:39:30 AM »

Well the gop won't be winning much else in virginia in the future though lol
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies