2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:49:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread  (Read 169342 times)
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« on: May 18, 2021, 04:42:23 PM »

Link to the poll and its crosstabs?

https://democracycorps.com/uncategorized/trumps-engaged-party-defining-the-battle-for-2022/

They did mention that they intentionally oversampled Republicans.

From the poll's body:

Trump’s continuing battle to reverse an election stolen by Democrats and
Black voters brings out the drivers of GOP identity — deep hostility to
Black Lives Matter, undocumented immigrants, and Antifa.

Um..... I have my share of doubts regarding this poll's credibility.
sting in the rafters
slimey56

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 01:48:40 PM »

Anyone else look at the crosstabs for the Qpac poll? They have indies as a statistical tie. That alone points more in the direction of D+4 (most public data like Pew Research has the national party edge as roughly D+3-5) than D+10. Surely we've all learned the dangers of labeling polls as skewed but I have a very hard time believing Ds have a double-digit lead when the poll only has them at 40% with indies.
sting in the rafters
slimey56

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2021, 05:43:15 PM »
« Edited: May 29, 2021, 05:48:32 PM by 215 till I die »

Anyone else look at the crosstabs for the Qpac poll? They have indies as a statistical tie. That alone points more in the direction of D+4 (most public data like Pew Research has the national party edge as roughly D+3-5) than D+10. Surely we've all learned the dangers of labeling polls as skewed but I have a very hard time believing Ds have a double-digit lead when the poll only has them at 40% with indies.

Looking at crosstabs isn't necessarily reliable. For instance, I remember an IA-SEN 2020 poll that had a Reynolds +3 sample, and had Greenfield +3. The 2018 GOV numbers were a representative sample, but the 2020 SEN results were way off, as we all know.

That being said, I agree that Democrats almost certainly aren't up by 10 points.

At the same time YouGov's ideology crosstabs nailed the NPV for 2016/2018/2020. Do agree though, looking at crosstabs or participating in unskewing polls opens its own can of worms. There are various quirks to each pollster to keep in mind,

For example, as Iowa is 90+% white and 55+% WWC, the method of "assign all undecideds to R" serves pretty well in statewide races.

In a close Election the PVI would be 2.5, it's a RV not LV sample in QU poll but Rs haven't won PVI since 2014 as long as we are in a Pandemic
Didn't Rs win the house NPV in 2016?
sting in the rafters
slimey56

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2021, 09:16:40 PM »

https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/mzvq4c7ty8/econTabReport.pdf

YouGov weekly tracking has D+5 42/37. Sheer number of undecided indies indicates both parties are at base support.
sting in the rafters
slimey56

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2021, 11:53:22 AM »

https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/o8u558c9sy/econTabReport.pdf

YouGov/Econ Weekly Tracking GCB:

Dems 42 (+/- 0)
Reps 39 (+2)

The Iowa/Wisconsin rule applies unless you're really scratching your head about whom those 10% undecided non-college whites could possibly be voting for.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies